[Varsoon TLE EoF] Manaburn Damage Values

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Bearoco, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Bearoco Active Member

Did some pretty intense testing of Manaburn and comparing it to Lifeburn.
    While I don't feel that Manaburn should do as much damage as Lifeburn because of the inherent loss of life risk with Lifeburn, the damage numbers should be closer.

According to my testing, Manaburn can range from 75-125k damage, while Lifeburn seems to be more in the 200-400k range depending on group and buffs. There are quite a few +max hp buffs, so I'm taking that into account with this feedback as well.

I think generally, if we change Manaburn from 4 damage per mana point (current values) to 10-12 damage per mana point, it will bring it more into line with what it should be. It will be doing more like 150-300k, which is still about 25% less than Lifeburn. I think this would be a fair buff to the skill and make it more valuable to the Wizard class.
    Zare, Naavin, Baldur and 4 others like this.
  2. ƗEnigmaƗ New Member

Cannot recall as I've never really played a Wizard, always went Warlock - is there any risk at all to casting Manaburn versus Lifeburn?

I know in group scenarios there is little risk to Lifeburn but if I remember correctly if you cast it without some coordinated healing in a raid setting there's a chance you'll eat a death.

Agree that it could probably use a buff, but if there is no risk with using it like Lifeburn probably doesn't need to be within THAT close of a margin.
  3. Liberal Active Member

It is really really really hard to die when you lifeburn assuming you have slight skill and a spell timer window. Not to mention you will be life burning basically on pull to get the reuse rolling which is during the start of the fight when tortoise shell is up.

There is very limited risk to lifeburning, anyone who says there is chance to die, is a necro baiting the spell into not being nerfed.

You can lifetap during it and have a group heal and never go down super low.

As far as manaburn goes unless you have animal form to couple with this - you're basically going to have to gamble with manastones/signets which aren't up enough to manaburn on cooldown. Meaning as it currently stands, I wouldn't press the spell at all except for the final % of a named, assuming I can time it correctly (this also means the spell goes down in effectiveness on any fight longer than the recast)

It also makes no sense to not animal form a necro considering the HP boost and bolster additively are very powerful.

In short, yes: Lifeburn is too powerful and manaburn is not strong enough. Allowing manaburn to scale with potency again would make the comparison a lot closer, and i'd nerf lifeburn by 50%.
    Escape likes this.
  4. Bearoco Active Member

I got some more data on this from raids. Necros are getting to 500k even without full buffs. I agree with Liberal here. Either nerf it by half, or manaburn needs at least 3-4x buff on mana to damage conversion if not more.
    Escape likes this.
  5. Squeeze Member

Double it and give it to the next person
    Escape and Pcjunke like this.
  6. Boldac Active Member

With the ease at which you can buff HP vs mana, it makes zero sense why lifeburn hits for more than manaburn. At the very least they should be the same. A Necro with low HP can still pump out damage via their pet, and with heals and lifetaps, keeps it flowing longer than it should. You can't do that with a mana pool. Sure, one manaflow at the exact right moment might help a little, but then the wizard is out of power for a while and takes a major hit to their intended function.

They honestly need to be flipped. Manaburn should do current lifeburn numbers and lifeburn should do current manaburn numbers.
  7. Chrexx Active Member

Free Manaburn