Varsoon published homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Malachy, May 25, 2022.

1. Malachy Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why people cannot visit published homes from any city? "You are too far away from the entrance of this house to enter."

Why would someone decorate and publish a home, when no one can access it unless they walk right up to the front door? Do they really expect people to trek across Norrath, even go sneak into cities to go take a peek? And why would a decorator spend the resources to do it for almost no one to see?

I can understand some reasoning behind not allowing this in non-city zones, but I am not amused by this change and the DBC revenue lost from this will be massive. I wish I understood the reasoning why they're willing to throw that revenue away.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Believe it or not, this is how we visited homes from the beginning of the game and continued for years. Nostalgia!
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

I remember actually having to sell goods in the home at launch, this is something that was not on any previous TLE. Curious why the change since a lot of money will be lost and it's certainly not what the majority of players would want.
  4. Ayodi Active Member

Because Varsoon does not mean "Easy, or flickofthewrist simple" by any definition. If you do a nice enough job decorating your home, players will go to see it. Especially if you have items of interest or use to players. Please do not confuse TLE restrictions on travel as a Dev waving off your priorities. You will have your day when the server advances to allow convenient travel, or, maybe just maybe now if provide you do a real work of art. Good Luck!

-The Ayodi
  5. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

That's how all of the TLE servers have been. You can't do /house from anywhere, /broker, fast travel, none of that is active on the TLE servers.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And I've never personally been nostalgic enough to want to deal with all that (and reduced XP as well). The one time I really went all in on a TLE was the time they offered us a free leaper mount for all our toons on one account if we got to like level 10 before a certain date. As it was, I had to buy a couple of XP potions off the Marketplace before I could finish that. :-/

Uwk
    a thoroughly modern kitteh ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

Another issue or maybe it’s just me is after you get notice you are too far away…. How do you determine what city you need to go to… I know I must be overlooking something
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Like, to visit a house? Yeah, I don't always get it either, unless the default address is still an identifier. But a Prestige House? :-/

I first started making lots and lots and lots and lots of extra toons back in the old days, in order to visit cool decorated houses on each of the many servers we had back then: one Good toon, one Evil toon for either side, just in case. ;->

Uwk
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

No way really to determine on Varsoon, unless it's in the name of the house, but people usually don't put address in name.
    You could maybe send in game mail to the owner, or tell in game, or ask in General if the person or alt are on or someone knows them