Varsoon Itemization Thread

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mint, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorann New Member

Sorry mint i do not have item names.

I went through Oblisk of Lost Souls

What i found was that every named level 40-49 dropped level 40 stat items.
    Only 2 named at level 50 dropped level 50 stat items

Everything less than the 2 x level 50 mobs the loot was quite poor = to solo quest items from Lavastorm/feerott quality
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. KaitlynnAM101 Member

There's a lot of shared level 40 items between some of the epics and overland heroic nameds, if there is some way to get these adjusted to only drop from those heroics to up the drops on items people actually want, or to have them only dropped by the epics and boosted to level 50 with better stats, it would be nice.
    Here is a couple that dropped from the Hand of Caldera when we killed him:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1348018617
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3727935702
    There's just no way a group of level 40s would kill him for that loot to be relevant to them, so it's just trash for the level 50s that do kill him, and other epics.
  3. Squeeze Member

The heroic instance, The Sanctum of Fire (not to be confused with The Sanctum of Fear), in Lavastorm has a named in it called Noble Dojorn which currently drops 5 level 50 items, and 43 level 40 items (almost all of which share loot tables with at least one other mob – some up to 8 mobs). I can’t imagine it’s necessary to have this many items on a loot table, so maybe consider cutting it down – although I would still recommend fixing the items for other mobs that drop them.
    ** Indicates that this is the only mob that drops this item (according to what I could find)

The level 50 items are as follows:
    Censer of Storms (maybe change to wand?)
    **sol weave cowl
    Rubicite Vanguard Greaves
    **enchanted leather tunic
    **Najenan Whip

The level 40 items are as follows:
    Smudged Brass Bangle
    Oblong Melted Bangle
    Sash of Ash and Flame
    Blocker of the Sootfoot Shaman
    Ring of the Sootfoot Archer
    Molten Copper Bracelet
    Girdle of Accuracy
    Singed Silken Cloak (cloaks are hard to come by)
    Symbol of Ash and Flame (maybe change to a wand?)
    **Magma Forged Double Headed Axe
    Blackened Waist Wrap
    Stringed Basalt Choker
    Lava Crystal Earring
    Ebon Rapier
    Ebon Battlehammer
    Rubicite Vanguard Spaulders
    Crystal Sphere
    Templar's Band
    Steelsung Hauberk
    Hard Rock Hammer
    Earring of Flight
    Hard Rock Breastplate
    Holy Warrior's Band
    Pious Belt
    Ridged Stiletto
    Obsidian Choker
    Lavatouched Gloves
    Bangle of Offense
    Lava Hanging
    Caller's Hoop
    Hard Rock Blocker
    Obsidian Breastplate
    Waistband of Haste
    Stone Apprentice Gi
    Lavafied Band
    Rough Linked Hauberk
    Fire Imp's Longbow
    Soft Rock Blocker
    Flametouched Sash
    Ruined Ring
    Flamesilk Robe
    Necklace of Stone
    Ethereal Barbute of Accuracy
    Sunlei, Beneeto, Zenji and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sorann New Member

X2 Mobs
    Hand of Caldera x2 in Sol Eye dropping level gear as example
    Dropped
    1 x Level 50 Item good quality
    2 x Level 40 items (is this intended?)
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Black_ebon_platemail_wristguards
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Round_Shield_of_Malice
    A couple rares.

Is it intended to drop 1 high quality item with some trash?

Permafrost
    x2 Alangria
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Alangria
    1 x Lev 50 Good Item
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Perfectly_Balanced_Round_Shield_(Version_1)
    2 x level 40 items
    refined rodium bangle
    enchanted ruby orb
    A couple rares
    Dhol and Turkish like this.
  5. Sorann New Member

If the named is Level 50+ you get level 50ish stats.
    If the named is Level 49 or less you get much lower level 40 stats

This has been my limited observation
    Dhol and Malachy like this.
  6. Revvix Well-Known Member

Before this gets locked, I just wanted to request another thread like this around the release of DoF. There are many itemization issues in DoF that should be addressed but we've mostly held back that information since this thread is focused on Vanilla issues. To avoid the massive player drop we saw last time during DoF, a ton of stuff needs to get fixed and enhanced to make DoF's small amount of content relevant for the 3 full months. Quick summary in case that thread never happens:
    1. DoF Heroic Instance gear is really bad and is generally out classed by quest gear. There was no reason to run heroic zones after leveling to 60 except for the stat mount. All of the loot also felt super generic as well. If one heroic instance boss dropped a legendary ring, they all did. This made it so people would only farm the easiest of zones over and over again if they wanted something like the stat mount.
    2. Raid bosses were far too easy (Terrorantula, Lockjaw, etc.) and their loot was unexciting. Many guilds stopped raiding after a few weeks (mainly after getting their pris 2.0) because DoF raiding was boring and pointless. This issue ultimately killed the server for a few months on Kaladim until KoS was released.
    3. Clefts/Living Tombs/Silent City/Shimmering Citadel named had nothing that was BiS that I can remember. This made them empty zones only used for necessary quest updates. Adding some rare BiS dropped in difficult areas of these zones would help encourage players to form groups and keep these zones relevant.
    4. In general, the quality of treasured vs legendary vs fabled was a complete mess. There are many, many examples of treasured items being far superior to legendary/fabled items, and even BiS.
    5. For some reason DoF heroic named were the only named on Kaladim that dropped a stat-mount. This was a really odd design decision as even very rare raid-dropped mounts didn't have any stats in future expansions. This stat mount was also super strong and seemed out of progression. As Zenji mentioned in this thread earlier, it would be nice to see some kind of generic stat mount(s) move to be hunter's rewards instead. However, I would also like to see the special raid dropped mounts have stats again as well to make those drops worth getting excited about.
    6. The carpet quest mount is an iconic questline in this expansion but it currently has no purpose since it's statless and has no other bonuses. Adding some stats to the carpet mount and maybe even a slow-fall effect would bring this questline back to life. Alternatively, instead of giving it stats, you could give it 10% higher speed than other available mounts. Then players would have the choice to switch to the carpet when traveling and switching back to a stat mount when fighting. Anything to make it a fun and rewarding item again.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

8. Reconnection Member

@Revvix, absolutely agreed about having a new thread for DoF, maybe a little closer as we 50-70% of the way through Shattered Lands. Priority right now should be content/items available at launch next week. But the lessons from DoF on Kaladim should be remembered: Challenge is needed for heroics and raids, and itemization that's interesting is important too!

And thanks again for this thread, Mint, good luck on all the work, I know we all appreciate it.
    Turkish likes this.
  9. Squeeze Member

The Spirits of the Lost, X4 raid zone in The Feerrott. After looking at all the loot tables, it appears that every named in the zone share the same ~35 level 50 fabled items, and ~28 level 50 treasured items on their loots tables, as well as another 45 level 40 items that every mob in the zone shares on their loot table. From what I can tell, most named in SotL have 2 unique fabled items that only they drop, except for Venekor, which I believe has 4, and a few named that do not have any unique items on their loots tables.

Below is a list of those unique fabled items that are currently level 40:
    The Achiole: 1) Drakota Band, 2) Drakota Sash
    Krakan the Wary: 1) Krakan’s Wary Protector, 2) Wary Cutlas
    Swfzk the Mad: 1) Orb of Madness, 2) Gi of Madness

Below is a list of named that do not have any unique items on their loot table (maybe throw some unique items on these guys):
    Atrius the Watcher
    Enforcer Zifa
    Greater Golemic Enforcer
    Greater Stone Guardian

Below is a list of all of the level 40 items that can drop from any mob in the zone:
    ebon platemail gauntlets
    woven reinforced pants
    augmented leather skullcap
    ebon platemail tonlets
    augmented leather boots
    ebon chainmail leggings
    rubicite vanguard cuirass
    constructor's vest
    augmented leather wristguards
    constructor's cape
    augmented leather shoulder pads
    ebon platemail breastplate
    linen cuffs
    augmented leather gloves
    linen blouse
    linen cap
    ebon brigandine shoulder pads
    linen slippers
    linen mitts
    woven reinforced tunic
    ebon platemail vambraces
    woven reinforced boots
    ebon chainmail gloves
    woven reinforced wristguards
    linen shawl
    ebon brigandine wristguards
    Rubicite Vanguard Spaulders
    ebon brigandine helm
    augmented leather pants
    linen pantaloons
    ebon chainmail bracers
    ebon chainmail mantle
    rubicite vanguard barbute
    ebon platemail pauldrons
    ebon brigandine chestguard
    augmented leather tunic
    woven reinforced shoulder pads
    constructor's cap
    woven reinforced gloves
    ebon platemail legplates
    ebon chainmail boots
    ebon chainmail coat
    ebon chainmail coif
    ebon platemail helm
    woven reinforced skullcap
    Beneeto, Zenji and Reconnection like this.
  10. Mint Loot Meddler

THANK YOU everyone for the extensive and detailed help. Already some itemization changes should be testable on beta, and we will have more coming before Varsoon launch.

Please feel free to continue to provide targeted feedback in the appropriate beta forums, and I can't wait to roll a new TLE character on Varsoon with everyone next week

Reminder: "Submitting feedback to this thread does not guarantee any changes or action taken, but it does guarantee I will read it"
    SirNaves, Wiegraf, Dhol and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.