Varsoon Itemization - Desert of Flames

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mint, Aug 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unrivaled Member

[IMG]

Hi,

Thank you for doing this, first one note about a item in particular and then thoughts on the general design of itemization right now.

It would be fairly cool if the halberd had something like ability mod or casting speed - as 3.4 haste doesn't seem particularly useful.

As a general note with the way mod is scaling now, most players will only be choosing pieces of gear with the ability mod/stat and cast/reuse stat layouts.

Haste/DPS Mod in my opinion in the current values they are itemized at, aren't worth putting onto any pieces of gear. Both of these stats 0-100 are worth more than 100-200. Making the small amounts scouts get from the raid/group buffs more than enough to just stack more ability mod.

It would be nice to see auto attack stats be put onto gear in larger amounts. A "melee" oriented set would be a nice change of pace, where it had MA/Haste/DPS all on one piece - with potency/crit. Or the piece could have MA/Flurry, or MA/AE Auto.

Mages/Priests will never stack melee stats as they're chasing cast/reuse/mod - making any cloth pieces with mod/dps or mod/haste regardless of the mob it drops off of not very good.

This trend we're discussing will track all the way up to the end of the game as other stat values just really don't make sense compared to how much mod is on gear, and once you reach expansions like ROK/TSO you have a lot more buffs to go around that offer the other stats which leaves you with just mod to chase.

A thought as well is please restrict gear to its correct archetype. It's a lot of chaos right now that everyone can wear cloth gear and leather. It's really frustrating to be a mage and having every person in the entire raid being able to roll on the piece that you want.

This is my biggest complaint about T5 and something I hope is fixed going forward. Jewelry would also be appreciated if it was done in this fashion. If it was done this way as well - you could give some unique items. Like a tank/mage/priest ring with 10% AE Auto, Flurry, and 25 Haste/DPS. A bard ring with 20% reuse/cast for bards. Etc. Etc. This type of creativity is really what itemization is lacking.

Thank you for checking out items.
    Parasite likes this.
  2. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

This is the only part that I will disagree with you on. While Reuse is clearly better, Summoners do also want Multi Attack and DPS mod as the stats also affect their pet. For some reason, Haste given to the summoner does not transfer over to the Summoner pet, only DPS and Multi Attack. That being said, any Cloth item (honestly, you can expand this to be *literally* every item, not just Cloth) that doesn't also have ability mod will be considered worthless.
    Ayodi, Arielle Nightshade and Grrrrrl like this.
  3. Unrivaled Member

Arguably every class wants MA/DPS, yes; summoners more than enchanters/sorcs.

However i'm skeptical of the idea that wearing melee oriented stats to boost your scout pets autoattack - a pet you won't be using a lot of the time as most stuff in DOF is encounter will be at all worth talking about.

This is also assuming you could find any mod/ma, or mod/dps mod pieces of cloth gear. Which would be sad, as you've now ruined multiple items for the idea that on those few specific fights the scout pet gains will outweigh cast/reuse & mod.
  4. Venser Active Member

some longevity for DoF would be to look at every contested mob, make the loot juicy. Would be cool if @Gninja could make the dinosaur Meathooks a X4 and had nice loot. Contested mobs that have specific blue stats would be cool. Flurry, cough cough, Max HP, .1 ADC (JK), next tier AB mod. just throwing it out there though, contested in DoF have potential, just need nice loot and a little increase in difficulty.
    Ayodi, Xiao, Parasite and 1 other person like this.
  5. Unnattural Member

The quested mounts should not be on par with the pack mounts imho, but should be slightly inferior, but greatly close the gap between non stated mount and pack mount, the fabled drop mounts we have had from zones in past tle however, i believe those should be better.

On another note, Peacock timeline weps do need upgraded, as it currently is, miniscule upgrade compared to prismatic.
    Parasite and Beneeto like this.
  6. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I suggested they be on-par with or slightly better than the pack mount at 60 because the pack mount is better, by far, until then. So there's literally no reason to do one of the most iconic questlines of DoF if you already have a pack mount, and that's dumb and sucks.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

They could at least flag the carpet as a flying mount so that it can be used as an appearance mount. Or just make the game smarter and remove that restriction when flying is not yet available.
    Parasite likes this.
  8. Reconnection Member

Seconding/Thirding/Fourthing that Peacock timeline weapons need to be upgraded. Would be wonderful to see either AB Mod + Multi again, or even AB Mod + Reuse (even on scout weapons)
    Ayodi and Parasite like this.
  9. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Or.. and hear me out here... maybe even make something besides Ability Mod desirable!

I would happily pay 2x the current sub fee if they reverted the game back to how it was before the stat nerf. Obviously it'll never happen, but still. The current system where AbMod > all is incredibly underwhelming.
    Arielle Nightshade and Parasite like this.
  10. Anib New Member

Apart from Raiddrops, i would like to see the rewards from longer quest-timelines be desirable, as the Ring Of Fate mentioned above.
    Like the "Court of X" Timeline should reward a final item, that should only be replaced by Raidloot. Like put some +Flurry on the Blades-Timeline reward, some +Doublecast on the Coin reward.
    Same for the Pillars of Flames Monk-Faction timelines and other quests-series that require to put in some time and effort. This way people will have some goals to work on, and will perhaps not be bored after 2 weeks.

As for Sanctorium, if i remeber correctly, this is a high-40s zone, so 50ish loot is ok, lvl 60 loot would be misplaced...or switch the mobs level to 60+(would make more sense, and give us another zone).
    Heroic Zones in general should be a bit challenging. I dont remember much challenging heroic stuff on the last TLEs. Make at least some of them require a full, solid group, and adjust the zone-specific items (there are mob-specific fabled drobs iirc) accordingly.
    Parasite likes this.
  11. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

More of a general request, but please make all 1H spears in the game actually work as 1H for Vah Shir. Currently they appear as 2H when equipped (either in the main primary slot or as shown below, in an appearance slot). This makes the combination 1H spear + shield look really awkward:
    [IMG]
  12. Beneeto Member

I'm pretty sure this is something you would mention to ttobey or some other dev involved with animation and graphic implementation, this is a thread about stats for items on TLE specifically, and what you've posted seems like a more generalized issue that another subforum would be more appropriate for.
  13. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

I, too, would like to see a world where it's not only abmod, but this was a change that they did across all servers, not just TLE servers, where they lowered the values on ALL stats other than abmod. It's unfortunate that when you compare items, it's either 0.5 haste or 21 abmod currently, because of course 21 abmod is going to outperform 0.5 haste. That being said, this is essentially the first time in the game's history where all classes are dealing more damage based on abilities than autos and it has been interesting to see gameplay from that perspective.
    Parasite and Zenji like this.
  14. vexen Member

Peacock timeline rewards
    Staff of Second life and Wand of Second Life

These should have abmod added to them to make them worth using. As it is they are barely upgrades when comparing the stats that are on them to pris 1. As a mage I will likely still use Pris 1 from T5 over either of these because they lack it, have a weaker damage proc and the int boost isnt enough to make a difference on reaching or going over cap

Suggestion to make all pris 2 weapons more desirable
    Increase all stats, primary and blue, to a higher tier to make the reward useable for kos

Suggestions that would make mage/priest items more desirable:
    Change Cast speed or Reuse to Abmod or
    Change proc from ' Curse of the Godking' to 'Anuk's undying Wrath' or
    Augment proc 'Curse of the Godking' to increase int by 100 and increase dmg on proc 75%
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

[IMG]

These rings, and honestly the T5 versions as well, need to be adjusted. As it stands, the Str ring is best in slot for nearly every class. The DPS and haste on these are just wildly overtuned. Moving the decimal on the DPS and haste values one to the left would bring them into line, since they're basically permanently applied. Otherwise, the mastercrafted ring will dominate the ring slot (which is doubly bad in an expansion where the Ring of Fate exists and has to compete)
  16. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Should also buff the rating on Pris2 weapons by 10 or so. Currently worse than T5 crossbow for most classes, even when dual wielding with hunter dagger or pris1

[IMG]
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

18. Maergoth Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This needs some help, I think. The effect seems very watered down, and the stats themselves on, arguably, the crown jewel of the expac, are not good. This is one of those "Should have KoS stats" kind of items, as the rarest drop from the hardest mob of the expansion.

It also dispels on dying.
  19. vexen Member

Essentially the item is not going to be used as any premium mount you wear would need to be overridden to use it and it doesnt compare
    Maergoth likes this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not listing every item that applies here, but every fabled drop from raid mobs needs to have 4 blue stats.

The rare fabled drops from heroic dungeons should also have 4 blue stats.

Since there isn't enough bandwidth to individually do items, do a blanket buff of level 60 fabled items in DoF and give them all 4 blue stats.
    To keep things simple, the 4th blue stat needs to be Ability mod, Reuse Speed, or Max HP.
    At current secondary stat values if 1 of those 3 blue stats are not on an item, it will not be useful.
    Ayodi and Arielle Nightshade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.