Varsoon - Fyst

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Melime, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Melime New Member

Deathfist Citadel is a single-group zone appropriate for 35-45s. And of course the boss mob is Emperor Fyst, which is an Epic x2 level 44 with approximately 57K hp.

I have a decently equipped level 70 SK with all upgraded spells. Took them with a guild mentored group (38-43) into DFC for an exp run to do something different than Runnyeye/Cazic Thule, and it was nice to do something different. We were all doing the Training is a Shield HQ, so we wanted to bag him so we could all complete that. Group was something like inq, fury, necro, conj, troub, and the mentored SK, so we were not lacking in either heals or DPS. We cleared everything in the zone, double-checked the strategy (fight him against a wall to prevent knockback, check).

We couldn't kill the guy. I think the best we got him with the SK mentored was about 60%. I was like 'Ok, this is nuts, since it's TLE, maybe he's original Fyst and that would still mean a bit challenging, but still'. I unmentored just to give it one last try, and even at full level 70, he was still hitting me like a truck and I think maybe we got him down to around 25ish? before he managed to take out both healers and then we wiped.

People in the general chat channel were saying they have killed him, but ... is Fyst killable on Varsoon with a single level-appropriate group? Or is he original, pre-LU33, haha-good-luck?
  2. Life Member

Unless they recently broke him, he's absolutely killable. With that group setup the only possible thing I can imagine is if you were running out of mana the healers couldn't keep you up, but that'd be due to a serious deficit in DPS for the fight to even go that long. What was the DPS? What was the HPS of each of the healers? What ability was hitting you so hard and how much was it hitting you for?

And as an FYI, I'm pretty sure at least, there's no other option than a single group. He's rated an x2, but afaik you can't zone two groups into DFC - might need a fact check on that one as I've never actually tried it.
  3. Fangrim Active Member

You can't zone two groups in and it is totally doable on Varsoon. You have to interrupt his heal if you have no mana regen or your healers may run out of mana.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Fyst is completely doable with a level-appropriate group. However, I'd suggest always bringing an enchanter for power feeds. He has a lot of health, and as other's have noted, the most likely problem you're running into is your healers running out of mana. In the group you've described, you're also missing a shaman, and having wards can be a big help.
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

It's one of the first mobs you encounter pre-raids that challenge your power management skills, abilities and equipment. By that I mean: does everyone have a manastone? Power potions? Power signets that you get from the city merchant? Good Food? If it's a group that power leveled up that far their gear might be totally substandard - your group wouldn't be the first to look at their equipment at level 40 to see they are still wearing that ring you get from the starter isle, for example.

Because of the amount of HP he's got, he'll run you out of mana, and then you die. So dealing with that is the top priority.

Like others have said, interrupting him from healing is huge. Getting him in the stairwell, and all bunched up also prevents the knockback. I can't remember ever having actually seen that fight. We've always been in a tight bunch group right up in his face.
  6. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

What happened to you? Power potions have a 3 minute recast... Power signets from the city merchant that were never used or needed before? Good food? For what? Slightly more HP or Power pools? It's in combat! Food and drink regen means nothing!

Gear might be substandard? You either have level 40 or level 50 items, there's no in between anymore. Aside from HQ items, gear 'differences' are laughable from 1-50.

o_O
  7. Stabbas New Member

He's definitely broken atm. I tried him a few weeks ago with mentored 70 Assassin, 40 - 45 SK, Defiler, Inq, Coerc & Wiz. Wiped multiple times, hit like a truck sometimes 1 shotting SK.
  8. Gninja Developer

I will try to get some adjustments in for him asap. His health is for sure way too high for the difficulty/tier of the zone.
    Siren and Breanna like this.