[Varsoon EoF Beta] Damage of Lifeburn and Evade Blame

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Bearoco, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Bearoco Active Member

After looking into a few parses, Lifeburn is hitting over 500k. I stated this also in the manaburn post, but I wanted to provide a separate thread for this. The amount of HP per tick is about 4.5x that of manaburn, and it's hitting for about 4.5x as much.

I'd recommend either reducing this down to 6hp per point of damage to still be slightly ahead of the manaburn ratio, or raising manaburn to be closer to the lifeburn ratio. One spell doing 500k damage, simply doesn't make sense unless that's the bar, then we should lift manaburn up to that bar.

Also, evade blame is currently doing around 30+% of swash parse. I don't think that this is what is intended for this spell. I'd recommend potentially reducing the damage of the proc by 30-35%, and it'd still be amazing, but maybe not as much as its currently doing.
    Chrexx and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am all for balancing skills that are overperforming like Lifeburn and Evade Blame.

But could we first try and get broken AAs fixed first? Seems like a logical path, fix what is broken then balance.
  3. Liberal Active Member

Lol. I get you play a necro, but are you really trying to say that these abilities are "overperforming" and not broken?

These two abilities throw balance so far out of wack that they eliminate both predators from being playable in a raid in the case of swashbuckler, and warlock/wiz/conj in the case of necro.

You cannot seriously be implying that a + physical mit AA from a conj, mind you - a class that is now worthless entirely because of lifeburn; is higher in priority.

To answer you bear: I don't think the solution is raising everything up to this level of broken. If manaburn hit as hard as lifeburn i'd never bother with a conj/warlock. I believe all classes on TLE should parse similar - or at least have one perform better in AOE, and one better on single target IE Wiz/Warlock.
    ASadSin and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am saying that there are several AAs that either do literally nothing or actually make the abilities they are suppose to enhance worse and that any attempt at class balance before fixing things that are broken seems counter productive.

Yes one of the classes I play is a Necro and yes I completely agree that Lifeburn is entirely too strong and needs nerfed. I actually messaged Bear last night showing him that LB was doing 500k dmg without even getting Bolster.
  5. Liberal Active Member

I hope all the issues are resolved - don't get me wrong, I just think the order of importance you're putting forth is based with a personal stake, and not for the overall balance and success of the expansion as a whole.

I can promise you: six or seven broken AA's out of hundreds, or making four classes actually viable and adding hundreds of AA's in terms of content, i'd take the multiple entire classes being viable a higher priority.
    KaitlynnAM101 and ASadSin like this.
  6. ASadSin New Member

Please don't make me play a necromancer again. I don't want to do it. I did it for 12 years already. That was forever ago.

But when stuff is this unbalanced........ should I just quit or
  7. Jandraligeli Member

Avoid blame was a live change that wasn't intended, or certainly not included on patch notes.

Through previous TLE's it was a more consistent, but lower damage proc on both Rogue offensive stances. It was reasonably balanced and allowed rogues to compete with other support and utility classes.

I don't want to see it nerfed as melee is already terribly represented with TLE raids, but it should be toned down AND return to Brigands as well.
  8. Boldac Active Member

Looking at avoid blame on the beta, it shows as a 3.2K damage proc. For doing absolutely nothing but auto-attack.

I agree with Jandraligeli above, melee damage is not in a good place, and needs attention, but avoid blame is not the way to do it.

If you insist on keeping it as is, then it needs to be shared with brigands (and honestly, assassins and rangers too). SummonerQuest is getting old.