Various questions from a new player

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Teat1me, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Teat1me Guest

Hi,
    I've recently started playing EQ2 as a halfling swashbuckler. It's my first EQ2 toon, but not my first rogue-type. I've played a rogue in WoW, a burglar in LotRO and an assassin in AoC, so I'm fairly familiar with the character type.
    However, I do have some questions:
    - As a halfling swashbuckler, what traditions do you usually opt for ? To me Vale Protector, Poison Expertise, Light on Feet and Mischieivous Strike seem like good picks initially.
    - Character traits: I'm thinking strength boosters, in combat hp regen etc. Don't know which resistances to opt for though.
    - Swashbuckler Training: I will mostly solo while leveling, with occasional grouping. What would be good picks at level 14, 24, 34, 44 etc ?
    - I guess opting for similar weapon delay on both hands while dualwielding is a good idea to time autoattack vs CA's better, no ?
    - I've read that you usually opt for rather slow weapons (around 4.0). With no haste that translates to what, around 5.0 ? Does that mean I can usually get in 3-4 CA's (depending on cast time) between autoattacks ?
    - What is your typical spell rotation while leveling ? (solo vs grouped)
    - Diety ?
    Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated!
    /Tea
  2. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

No ones answered because most of it's all in a thread somewhere on this forum.
    I would suggest that you peruse the forums for a bit. Odeius has done some nice pieces recently.
  3. ARCHIVED-Teat1me Guest

I read his guide and found it to be an excellent source of information. It doesn't answer all of my questions though. For instance, I haven't found any answers for halfling/character trait picks and swashtraining picks.
    /Tea
  4. ARCHIVED-Kayriie Guest

Teat1me wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Another place you could look: Swashbuckling 101
    Not for the faint hearted.

PS. In the 60's make sure you take the hate transfer for your Grandmaster pic.
  6. ARCHIVED-Teat1me Guest

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!
    //Tea