Varig's Forge Disappointment

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

I bought the adventure pack containing Varig's Forge under the assumption that it was a portable device. Changing my AA's when out crafting is annoying and I thought they had finally added something to replace portable tables.

Although this item does not say it IS portable, it also does not say the usual "Can be placed inside a home" associated with house items.

The way the item is listed on the website is as close to misleading as it can get and i know of a few who were fooled. Perhaps the intention was not meant to be deceptive but the end result sure is.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Just a 5 second search on EQ2wire, it shows as a house item.
    I presumed it was a house item from the start and that assumption was confirmed the first day it was offered, via the crafting channel. :D
    However you're correct, it does NOT state that in the description when looking to purchase. I would use /feedback or /bug or do both, so they add "House Item" in the description.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Alyndrys like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A general rule of thumb is that if something that looks like a house item shows in the preview window, it is a house item ... but I'm sorry you were confused by the information and that they forgot the house item verbiage on the item itself. :(

It really IS great to be able to have crafting areas in a home or hall take up less equipment space ... but now you have me yearning for a portable "does it all" crafting table now that they have the coding for the recipe book and the table sorted out and all. :D Hmmm ... probably too late to beg Caith to add such a thing to the Luclin tinkering recipes, but a halfling can hope!
    Soara2, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

My err in this case was that I didn't take the name from the website, go to Eq2 and copy the in game item code and then log into the game to look at it first. Lesson learned.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I honestly thought when I was looking at all the stuff before I bought it, I did a right click and an examine on everything and I thought it did say can be placed in house. The only things that I saw that were clear were those explorer things that I guess do stuff for you.
    Soara2 likes this.