Varig's Forge - celebration bundle

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by EQ_Jack, Nov 5, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

was looking at the celebration bundle and saw:

Varig's Forge - For multi-talented multi-taskers. A multi-table that works for any crafting skill!

https://www.everquest2.com/packs

Can this be permanently placed in a guild hall?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Nele Member

Are all those items per character or per account and if per account are those heirloom?

Well I bought the pack and it said on it heirloom, but when I opened it everything in there was heirloom except for the varig's forge. Why is the forge not heirloom?
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

All of the pack is for one character. You can buy as many as you like.
  4. Kilar Active Member

Just place the Forge in the house you use and give all your characters Trustee status. All your characters can then use the forge.
  5. Nele Member

I know that, the problem is that if I did know beforehand it wouldn't be heirloom I would have opened it on another character. As of now one of the characters becomes undeletable because the forge is assigned to it and that is not the character I would want to keep. I just wonder if it is a bug or was intentional. All other stuff in that pack is heirloom except for one item.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Kilar Active Member

You could try to /petition Daybreak and get it moved to another character. They have helped me in the past.
  7. Nele Member

Thank you for suggestion. Maybe will do that later. I am sure they have enough on their hands atm with spawn and stuff to bother them with that. It is just that forge is a new item, so maybe it was left out by mistake or something
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. EQ_Jack Active Member

yup new item. really caught my eye. will drop it in my house and grant everyone access to it
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

• Mount Jump-start Potion - Ok for those who actually care about leveling their mounts, but of little interest to me
    • Varig's Forge - Very nice item, but pretty much just fluff
    • Dark Infusion Bundle - Useless to those of us already max level, will sit around in bank for years never getting used
    • Year of EverQuest Backpack - Nice item
    • EverVital Vitality Vial (2) - Somewhat nice item, considering we will still need to level up once level increase is available
    • EverQuest 2 Anniversary Painting - Nice house item
    • Year of EverQuest Merchant Crate - Nice broker storage for my carpenter/decorator. 0 broker fees pretty much useless though since I very very seldom sell anything on the broker.
    • Journeyman's Boots of Adventure - Will sit around in the bank never getting used. I already have several of these sitting in the bank and I never use them, lol. Perhaps just sell them in the marketplace and stop using them in these bundles. After all, how many of these do you really need?
    • Year of EverQuest: Extra Barding Slot - Again, nice for those who actually care about these slots. I would have just as soon they never added them to game, personally.
    • Flame-Branded Steed - Is this mount convertible to a house item? If not, then completely useless to me.
    Of the above items, the only items of real interest to me are the forge, the pack, the merchant crate, the painting, and the mount (only if it's convertible to a house item). I would have to guestimate the most this bundle is worth to me, is about $20, and that's being generous.
    Remember, these are virtual items that are copied and pasted hundreds of times over. It's not like you have to actually purchase wood or plastic or glass or metal or whatever, then run factory machines to build these items.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I absolutely think you should /petition, but as a side note ... deleting the character will not delete the item. If you delete the owner of the house, that's a different story.
  11. Nele Member

Well that's a TLE server and as I do not have any intention to delete that character any time soon I know that will happen eventually as it happened with all other TLE servers. I honestly bought that bundle because of the forge so I would want to keep it. Deleting the char will not delete it but it will be stuck in the house where I put it. I do not think I will be able to transfer it to another server without the owner. As i said it is not that urgent atm but eventually it will happen. So yes, I will try to petition
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

If the owner of the house transfers servers, all items in that house become that toon's property.
  13. Nele Member

Are you sure? I have been away for a long time but remember something about that when you transfer houses other character's stuff being deleted
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they either became the owner of the house owner, or they automatically got sent back to the original owner. I have no memory of anything ever being destroyed because of a transfer.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

I am painfully sure. I transferred a house owner from AB to Maj'Dul. Everything in the house became the property of the house owner. Unfortunately, that included a KA houseplant that was now worthless because a toon can only harvest one houseplant per day.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Definitely don't get deleted.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the other hand, they might be getting nervous about revenue, so this isn't too bad...on the third hand, I already bought one of these things earlier, when they were on sale (I remember the Backpack [which now FINALLY works as a Bank Bag! Praise be to whichever dev/tech fixed that! :D], the Steed, the Boots [which none of my alts on that server really need; if I do, I can just have the alts run that quest and get exploring XP :D], the Merchant Crate, the etc., etc., etc.); do the new items show up in our /claim window on that server, or do I have to buy a duplicate of most all the other stuff just for the new items? :-/

Uwk
  18. Nele Member

Well again my information comes from the old times but unless there were recent changes it used to be like -
    Applies Server Transfer when Activated.
    • Allows moving a character to another server on the same account.
    • Character transfer service requires that character remains on its existing active Station Account (which must be more than sixty (60) days old).
    • Shared bank items and housing items belonging to other characters will not be transferred with the character and will be deleted. Deleted contents will not be replaced or reimbursed.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the last I remember as well, but then again, I haven't tried to transfer a character to another server in quite some time, so it may have changed. Best to double-check. :-/

Good luck! :)

Uwk

P.S. On my question, I got into the server where I'd bought the first sale pack, and nope, no additional items had been added to my /claim window. :-/ --U.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Third hand?