Variety of female clothing

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-msgnomer, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Although females can wear the new tracksuits with leather patches, it's hardly feminine clothing. All the female clothing is extreme. There's nothing just normal and respectable. If you're not looking like you're the aforementioned Amish grandma, you're dressed either for walking the streets in the red light district or for mucking out the stable.
  2. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    I totally agree. It's sad, but yes, that's how EQ2 looks.
    You're either absolutely covered in clothing/armor, or you're, well, out for walking the streets as previous stated.
    Although I did find one shirt that exposed the belly area - too bad it's practically a rag you're wearing (it's a smithing 'vest' that requires 30k faction with the Ironforge Exchange).
    Out of how many items and we have one that exposes the belly area (well, two if you count the later Monk outfits)?
    The total lack of being able to change how you look is why people say that EQ1 offered a far greater range of looks for your character - because it's absolutely true.
  3. ARCHIVED-Serelinde Guest

SOE just needs to hire more women as graphic designers to make clothing for us. I find that it's pathetic to have ten billion dresses all the same and only vary the color. THey aren't even pretty dresses. I don't like the barefoot aspect either. It'd be great to be able to choose a cool pair of boots to go with a dress, anything to make it more personalized. I have over 5 crates of clothing, mostly armor, and I love mixing and matching the pieces. The more unique a piece is, the more I'll pay for it. However, I'm just tired of seeing the same old choices. Get some new designers in there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

It's not that they need more designers, it's that they need more modelers.
    We have how many recolors of the what, under 10 different main armor/clothing models in the game?
    Give us sleeveless shirts, shirts that actually reveal parts of the body, shorts (instead of making everything go down to the ankle), short boots, sandals, leg/arm bracelets, something.
  5. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Lillya@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I have only used Poser in th trial edition. I think the morphs are allready built in. We dont have a morph target system. I am not sure if it was available when EQ2 was first in production 10 years ago. It would be awesome if I could make an outfit put it in maya and press an easy button, then it fit on all races, but that does not exist for us. I would love it.
    Your outfit not fitting may be because the geo probably needs to be adjusted. Also the gaps may be there to accomidate for different animations. Some of the animations are a little over the top and will cause lots of clipping so sometimes outfits may have a little gap to accomidate for this.
  6. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Cricket@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Well I have to say, (I think I am allowed to say this, because it is postive). But our number of players has been growing nicely for a while now. There is a lot of competition out there, but we are doing very well. I know I plan on working on this game for many years to come, it is an awesome game and more people are coming back or starting for the first time. The future of EQ2 looks very bright.
    Now about having interns or temps. We usually always have a few new people working in these positions, but outfits are an item we save for our more veteran artist. Its a very complicated process due to skinning and our exporting pipeline. Giving this to someone new to the team would usually make my bug que very big.
  7. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    That is kind of what we have been implimenting now. We always have the base geo that is retexture, so we can have a lower tier outifit. Then we do some snap on pieces to that outfit to change the silhouette and give it better appearance for things like instances and raids. So I can make a chest peice with a texture swap and one choice for the designer, then I make another file with the same chest and a skull snapon or full piece of plate. That way the designer has more variation to use in game.
    For example on of our artist made a cool helm in a dwarven still but left the crest and horn slots blank. Then made different horns and ornimate peices to add to the helmet, which is an easy way to give us more varity without having to make the base helm over and over.
    I think you might also be talking about player controlled snap-ons. Well we only have so many slots on characters in game and that probably wont change. I will say very unliked because nothing is ever definate.
  8. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Yes that is true, so that when a character has nothing on they are not nude.
  9. ARCHIVED-Captain Apple Darkberry Guest

covic wrote:
    Is there any consideration being given to changing this? I don't mean making the characters nude, I mean making it so that the glaring white atrocity of a tan line doesn't make it embarrassing for 3 of the races to wear a dress.
    The reason I think this should be given a little bit of attention is that we have come to the understandable conclusion that making new sets of clothes involves many hours of Dev time. So that means that the majority of new dress will be retextures of the current ones. The choices in dresses can pretty much be divided into 2 sets. The casual dresses whose model is the base for most player crafted casual wear, and the formal wear which shows a more aggressive and revealing cut. Currently 3 races are forced to look silly if they wear the formal wear, that effectively limits their choice to 1, as in ONE, type of dress. For that reason I kinda think that the Dev who finds time to fix this travesty to Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes will be knighted as a hero of legend. Please? With jumjum berries on top?
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

covic wrote:
    Yes, but it is in a place and in a way that interferes with several races being able to wear even the FEW available clothing options. The CHARACTER MODELS should have those airbrushed to be in a different place.
    When a female character has no gear on, she is dressed in a raggedy skirt and a raggedy shirt. That more than covers the nude. Even when there is appearing/disappearing graphics on gear items, the panty lines on the female small races could be erased and it would still cover the "naughty bits" of the nude.
    As it is now, you have 3 races (or more) which cannot wear any of the "formal" attire or any items built on it (the holiday dresses, a TSO T3 or T4 brawler item, an SF gear drop, etc). Is it intentional that those races not have the option to wear that garmet and its variants without showing something most would find not only visually offensive but even something one does not show in polite company?
  11. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

covic wrote:
    Yep :) The idea I was thinking of was a player-made base item with a large number of appearance-adornment slots, and the adornments would also be player-made. Buy a base item that fits your general look, and then drop in some adornments that add graphic details to take it the rest of the way. Shame that idea won't fly, it'd offer a huge amount of flexibility for player-controlled appearances :(
  12. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I personally think it was about time we had some sort of underwear revamp or w/e you want to call it. I am tired of the baggy slack pants and tattered dress we have had since Isle of refuge. I miss the old days of EQlive where each and every race had a different looking underdress. I'd also prefer and fully support that the more bestial races have the option of appearing fully, or at least more nude than they currently are able with the imperceptible gear. Its entirely possible as I've seen happen in some cases with rare glitches and nothing shows anyways so I don't see the harm.
  13. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Personally I loved just how different all the races looked in the first place in EQ1 (especially with armor).
    That said - at least way back in the day, you could color your 'grunderwear'. You don't even have that option anymore.
    And finally - why do the female Iksar have the generic shirt on if you try to go completely nude for the top? There's nothing underneath to hide.
  14. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Morghus wrote:
    I don't demand Victoria's Secret, but given the things Mistmoore's vampires wear, never mind the plunging troll necklines in Moors of Ykesha, I think a cute camisole and tap pants, or boxer-briefs for the lads, at least would be a big improvement over sweat-stained, dirty, torn canvas grunderwear.
    However, I'll be happy to go commando if you'll just give me a decent kilt!
  15. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Bloomers! I would love a pair of cute bloomers.

.....aaaaaand pirate boots and stripey tights and tight plain black pants and a black and silver version of the faction opulent top. kthx.
  16. ARCHIVED-Captain Apple Darkberry Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    I would be happy with anything...just so long as they FIXED THE FEMALE HALFLING, GNOME AND DWARF MODELS to not be broken when wearing the formal dresses.
    I know it would take some dev time...but given the ability to only choose between 2 different kinds of dresses, it is not nice for the devs to ignore that 3 races have only one feasible (read "not silly looking") choice. FIX the ridiculous white blotches on those three races please...really...please. It is only 3 models...not all of them...just 3. Make the time to fix something that has been ignored since the beginning of the game.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I remember from EQ1 Waaay back before Luclin and the new Models came out that Dark Elves in leather had this chaps and loincloth/thong going on and I missed that.
    I can't even find pictures of it anymore on the internet...so I was forced to draw a tribute piece being worn by my Dark Elf Monk who is considering moving to Halas. (I have decided that she is a very Contrary Dark Elf, and she gets off on it)
    [IMG]
    You can see more of my art in the Fan Art section.
  18. ARCHIVED-Captain Apple Darkberry Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    I will take the resounding silence of the previously gregarious Dev chatting as the answer to the question...
    They would rather recolor another dress than fix the BUG that has been in the game since the very core release of the game...5, that is FIVE, years ago...
    You can find time to make a fish sword appearance item...but you can't find time to fix a graphical mistake that has been in the game since launch? Seriously? I mean put the fix on Marketplace...I will buy it. ...or your coffee while you are coding it? 6 shot French Vanilla whle milk latte work? Its my fav!
  19. ARCHIVED-Serelinde Guest

covic wrote:
    Do you have people who even work on the ideas for these outfits? A few new things came with the xpac, but not a lot. Most of those are just recolors.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Serelinde wrote:
    There are two reasons for the recolors, first is the regular reason about the difficulty with making new models. The second is unquie to this expainsion, aparently(based on another thread) there is a good amount of gear (raid mostly) that for some reason didn't get attached to the models they where supposed to and instead where attached to T2 models.
    As new models almost always show up in raid gear first, it makes sence that you haven't seen any new models because of that issue.