Variety of female clothing

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-msgnomer, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Snap On !

sorry ;(
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    That would be great.

quiarrah wrote:
    Only if they make it an option or make the impercivable beauty stuff available again, the bare feet looks much better on ratonga.

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Why?
  3. ARCHIVED-donilla Guest

Love the idea that Covic is interested in looking at clothing. I agree that EQ2 clothing is better than other MMO's and that is because it doesn't have all the stuck on bits and it does look useable and real. And I agree about the conservative nature of the battle clothing, which I think is in fact a good thing.
    My Lara Croft reference was meant to be more general, a male fantasy female, where in RL you just wouldn't dress like that for the activities in question. I figured the discussion to be on non-battle clothing and in that area, I think we get a bit of all-covered, or all-exposed choices.
    I think one of the best things would be if we could have more separate items, tops and bottoms, and I'd dearly like shoes to be present unless you choose to remove them. Nice soft leather boots go great with everthing :) Since we do have pants, if a skirt can't be done for some reason, maybe a skirt can be a pair of pants with legs so wide they look like a skirt?
    I'd love to see chainmail that looks more like chain. Leather, cloth and plate are all fantastic and looks just right. Chain on the other hand....(and yes I realize the difficulties of rendering a gazillion little metal circles).
  4. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Covic, I'm curious.. would it be possible to use a multi-adornment style system to allow for wider customization of the clothing? ie, a plain generic piece of armor with a number of "snap-on" adornment slots, with each adornment being a different snap-on appearance item... so you could add skulls or spikes or wings or lacy wisps or whatever suited your tastes to that generic armor piece. Is that a feasible idea? If it is, that could solve everyone's wishlist here, with a near infinite variety of clothing styles
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Clazz wrote:
    CoH/V and Champions both allow that, but they are Superhero games, they kinda are required to have that.
    As far as people accually giving thier toons huge breasts and small wastes, I have played number of games where this is possable, including STO, SWG, CoH, and Champions, and the vaste majority of Female toons avoided the ful-on Dolly Parton/Barbie look for a more resonable body shape, ranging from Jeri Ryan-ish to Kate Moss like to more every day body types, including over weight(very rare though). Just because people can make Barbie dolls doesn't mean most people will accually make them. Cause differant people find differant body types attractive.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    There are dresses availble that are in no way like Amish Grandmas, 2 of them in fact, the 2 "City armor" models. The Gold and white two piece dress, and the Blue Formal Dress, that has had alot of recolors resontly. Then there is the "peasent" dress from crafters, that from the waste up is kinda conservitive, but from the waste down again is hardly Amish like. Now if your talking about standard "armor" aka the ONE robe model yeah a more robe like robe model would be nice.
  7. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Donilla@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    One thing you have to remember about chain, it does not mean just chainmail, though I would love to see true chainmail tunic show up. It is in reality "medium" armor, wich includes things like brigidin armor and the kinds of slat type armor Romans Solders wore. So while I would like to see true chainmail, there are other types of armor that fall into less protecting then Plate, but more protecting then leather catigory.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Rijacki, some shots I have seen suggest to me that the problem isn't the formal outfits, but rather that the "panty" and "pasties" are integral parts of the female models. They'd have to reskin the models to cover the naughty pixels while getting rid of the "panty line" parts.
  9. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

kela wrote:
    I was just kind of using that as an umbrella term. Actually, as a bruiser, I have no interest in those dainty things. I want my brawler to have something tough and sexy. Red Sonja-esque. Something that shows some skin, with thigh-high boots that compliment my roundhouse kicks.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I should have been more specific about asking for those lines to be... umm.. airbrushed off on the character form. I know they're on the character and not on the garment. That's why the skeletal revamp was supposed to fix it.
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    So what you want is one of the like 7 differant Gi models, that are open to you as a Brawler.
    Infact there is a very read and IMO sexy Gi that is in the T8 Crafted Battleground armor(check out Denmum's site* for a pic)
    *eq2.eqtrader.com
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

kela wrote:
    The thing is that the majority of the classes who wear chainmail armor could not reasonably perform any of their main functions wearing the chain-plate type armor that is which vitually all the chain armor in this game is. For rogues it could be somewhat reasonable for them to be wearing a light chainmail/cloth/leather composite armor but definatly not the half plate half chain that is in EQ2. EQ2 chain armor ranges from medium full chain armor to heavy plate-chain composite. Neither of which are even remotly resonable for a scout to wear.
  13. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

kela wrote:
    The tops of the gi's are a good start, but the ones with the lumpy legs make me want to barf. They look like somebody snuck up behind me and poured a vat of oatmeal down my pants.
    I somewhat like the gi's with the straight legs, but all I really want is some form-fitting pants that don't have panels or kneepads or weird dots or bumps on them. Form-fitting clothing = ftw.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Not sure what it looks like on Males but I have to say this looks rather slinky on Klornie.
    Dusky Casual Wear (Both in Fugly Original and in Soga)
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    I wish these were two separate pieces. I love the top, not so much the pants.
  16. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Gah! I need eye bleach to get the SOGA version out of my head!
    If you like anorexia, SOGA is fine. But for me, the SOGA models go right into the uncanny valley. The proportion of a body should be that the distance from armpit to hipbone equals the distance from hipbone to knee, and the distance from knee to anklebone.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Frankly, the appearance of gear in EQ2 is THE most disappointing thing about the whole game. I absolutely love the look of the new zones (and many many many of the old zones) but the sheer lack of variety in gear appearances (moreso if you're a cloth wearer) and the assumption that all cloth wearers will be covering everything with a robe so the appearances of sleeves and pants don't matter is depressing. It's not even just a lack of variety of "female clothing", it is a complete lack of variety. If there were more variety overall (or even just a fraction of the variety we're constantly being promised with each new expansion), players could create their own outfits.
    I absolutely hate that the crafted appearance garb is all single piece. Yes, it's easier, I suppose, but it completely removes the player's creativity options. I'd love to have the bottoms of the Kerra stuff and pair it with one of the vests (about 30) which I have. Or I'd take the top and pair it with different sleeves and pants, etc. Same with just about every other single-piece gear item, even the dresses of the original crafted appearance items.
    Maybe... maybe the new SC item, the arm bands, is an experiment in making a bare look with a gear element. The band IS just the band from the most common chainmail sleeve but with 'bare' upper and lower arm (which also shows how the chainmail sleeves re-shape the arm, too, cause those arm bands don't sit flush with the arm).
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    No, the 90 degree ANGLE in Original-PLAYDOE (not models) makes me shudder, I'm NOT saying SOGA is without issues, just that they are issues of proportion rather then Effing Melting and on drugs!
  19. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Myrrhia Guest

I would like to see the variety of clothing/armor options that is available in SWG. Mix and matching over there gives more options to players to tweak their character appearances even more.