Vanishing Act Quest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tharskus, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Tharskus New Member

Anyone else having problems with this quest? I collect the equipment and when the little imp spawns for me to defeat...it is unattackable.
  2. Andariel Member

Very bugged atm they know about it :)
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Says kill the mob, but it's an unattackable NPC for me.
  4. Proxopid New Member

Same here. Is it bugged for everyone or would it make sense to delete the quest and try again?
  5. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I bugged this...and it didn't work on all three instances of EJ.
  6. Tharskus New Member

I've tried deleting it and re-doing the quest, but same result.
  7. xephier Active Member

Great... says it was "fixed" in yesterday's update. If SOE is going to botch up a quest, could they do it with one of the 100's in EJ that give crap for rewards? (this is one piece of gear that badly needs upgrade for me)
  8. Luhai Active Member

Didn't work for me either. Maybe this is related to the bug with the first named golem in Covenant District (Sky1 instance) not becoming attackable.
  9. Proxopid New Member

FYI: last night I returned to the spot with the unattackable imp two or three times, and at one point it was suddenly attackable. Just to let people know it's not 100% bugged - it's worth it to return to the update spot a couple times.

My hypothesis (more like a hunch) is that the imp being unattackable might be related to other players being around when you go to the spot for the update... at least the first time I was there, there were other people killing mobs not even 30 meters away from the spot. Unfortunately I don't remember if there were people around during the next couple times, so I might be completely wrong.
  10. Elquinjena New Member

I have deleted this quest and restarted it quite a few times, bug reported it to. tried it with and without merc up, NO one else about at all and the
    "a visage of fear" Is STILL NOT attackable. I have also come and checked many times and its the same thing over and over again. it is still not working
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

It's borked and I'm upset that I can't progress.
  12. Deathstorm Member

This is getting to be a pain. This quest is bugged; Throne of fear, the fear gate is bugged and won't advance. Mercs are not what was advertised. Quest xp is bad. Nerf to xp gain with mentor and hate list.
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

Please get this in the next hotfix so we can finish this quest.
  14. Xille Member

Just discovered this one. Tried deleting quest and trying again, several times, but no good. Obviously still broken. Submitted a /bug report.
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

16. Hot_Rod Member

Still having this problem on the 23rd.
  17. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's being fixed in Monday's update. Read the update notes,
  18. Vampcat76 New Member

This quest is STILL broken. After the last update, the visage of fear is attackable, BUT, when it gets to about 10% health, it becomes unattackable again and says "Not an enemy". Ugh!
  19. Kube New Member

Yes, it becomes unattackable near death then flies away. You should have gotten a quest update to follow its tracks.
  20. Derfel Active Member

I had to suspend my merc to continue the quest. When the imp was supposed to flee it would just become un-attackable and instead of fleeing it would keep hitting my merc until reset.