Vanguard SOH Server? Is it true?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Frinch, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frinch Well-Known Member

Just relaying what I heard. You'll know more when I know more!

~F
    Jaden likes this.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

From DBG, I'm not going to say no chance, but I will say it's unlikely, for one, where are the dev resource going to come from ?

Or are you talking about an emulator solution ?
  3. trixster Active Member

If they release the code emulators are easy. As you can see from the galaxies people reverse eng. from 12 year old content is not so much.
  4. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

dont you mean relaunch? pretty sure VG had no expansions, maybe patchspansions?
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Well if you heard it on the Interwebs, then it must be true.
    Seefar, Siren and Feldon like this.
  6. Caethre Active Member

I don't know why this thread is marked [TLE] given it is about Vanguard, but ok I'll bite ....

...what exactly have you heard?
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Eles Well-Known Member

yeah, like SWG rumor right?
    Siren likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I know at one point someone was working on an emulator. I do not know what became of that though.
  9. Wulfhammer Active Member

I'd 100% love it if true.... I miss that game a lot !
    Unfortunately I can't see it happening and the OP hasn't posted anything useful so assume trolling !!
    Kalin likes this.
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

There is someone who has an emulator...not working well at all last time I logged in, but proof of concept was there with the world and models. I'm not sure if that is what is being referenced, or if some DBG source said something weird. I mean now that Smed and Smokeblower are out of the way, there is nothing to stop amazing things from happening...except logistics. =/
    Jaden likes this.
  11. Lovidicus Active Member

It's real and it's coming along nicely. A project this size take a long time and a lot of work by a lot of dedicated people.

Go show them your support!

vgoemulator.net
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Dread1313 Active Member

I wish Chronicles of Spellborn would be revived or at least had a workable emulator. Right now the source code and servers/equipment are sitting somewhere in a Walt Disney warehouse (they purchased Chronicles of Spellborn when Acclaim/Frogster went belly up a few years ago.) and no one is able to experience it.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

If this topic is about an emu, it should be closed. Smed repeatedly said Vanguard was not coming back due to contractual/ownership problems (probably with Pro Scammer McQuaid), so I doubt this announcement is anything but an emu's cheap plea for extra attention via a TLE tag.

And either way, the TLE tag should be taken off this thread because it has nothing whatsoever to do with EQ2 TLs.
    Moonpanther and flameweaver like this.
  14. SynnikuL Active Member

Smed is no longer here!
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Still won't fix contractual/ownership issues.
    Moonpanther, Siren and Dread1313 like this.
  16. Dread1313 Active Member

Sodium rising!
    Mondego, Almost and Ardur Duradan like this.
  17. Almost Member

LOL

I got the vinegar
  18. Malvolio Member

Completely mislabeled post however I miss Vanguard tons. I would love it if while no longer under the tyranny of sony and other execs they could launch a server.
    Jaden likes this.
  19. Kraetec Active Member

Enough money will solve those types of issues. And, considering the people that need to be paid aren't making ANYTHING off of their code/software right now, I have a hard time imagining it would be THAT expensive.

Shutting down VG was a huge mistake. The players were paying for it and playing on it ...and weren't even screaming for new content. A relaunch would look very good for the company, and would bring back players -- especially if they did it TLE style.
    Kalin, Jaden and Dread1313 like this.
  20. Kraetec Active Member

Considering that the title of the thread says "Vanguard SOH Server", I think it's pretty obvious that the thread is not about the current EQ2 TLE server.

But, I could see where the original author might have thought the rumor involved a Vanguard TLE Server. The concept/discussion of a "TLE server" should necessarily require the involvement of EQ2.
    Dread1313 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.