Vampire Illusion needs help

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Theodrec, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Theodrec Guest

So I have decided to use an illusion form as my main look with my fae. Interestingly, with the illusions I keep my fae wings; so the barbarian looked a little silly. I settle on dark elf illusion helped even more by my guise of deceiver so no consumables needed. Looked pretty intimidating with large pitch black wings :) Problem with these illusion forms - they drop with EVERY zone. My fury has three illusion forms up at once - second problem - for some stupid reason only the first cast illusion sticks (the last would make more sense). So now every time I zone I am either a lion, wolf, or tiger (which I despise). In order to regain my illusion I have to drop all forms cast, apply dark elf form, then recast my other forms (they are tied to basic class buffs so cant do without). In sum, it sucks and is a headache. I am talking about this in guild and Leko our leader informs me that the vampire illusion from bloodlines does not drop with zoning. I get really excited picturing a vampire avatar with dark black wings; get the look I want and zoning problem solved! So all of my previous game goals are placed on hold and I all I have in my sights is the vampire illusion. 3 nights, hours of play, I solo through bloodlines and finally attain my illusion. Cast - hmm, unlike the other illusions the armor I'm wearing does not transfer; even worse my wings are gone! Argh, really wanted those black wings on a vampire hehe. Lastly, the vampire is super slight of build and diminutive! What is funny about all of this is finding out how much the look of my avatar means to me and how bugged I have been by it. I could do nothing else in game, this one illusion became my only objective in the game lol and I spent BORING hours trying to attain it. So in the end, instead of the intimidating fanged vampire with pitch black wings I get an ADOLESCENT DARK ELF WHO IS ANEMIC!!!!!!!!! A pitiful vampire model and half the size of the ones I just spent hours killing? Please SOE, you can do a bit better than this; why is the vampire the size of a dark elf child? Guess I'm back to recasting my illusions with every zone. Theo 52 fae fury of nagafen Brownie Troop
  2. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

u ever think that MAYBE keeping the wings with an illusion just might be a bug to start with?
  3. ARCHIVED-Theodrec Guest

yes, not sure, they remain with any playable race like your armor does. The vampire in not playable so there are no armor graphics for them in game. It all makes sense and to be honest I would not mind losing wings if I had a vampire that didnt look like an anemic dark elf child. Theo
  4. ARCHIVED-Isabelle Guest

I agree about the look of the vampire illusion expecialy the female version very scrawny ugly child like.
  5. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p]hmm, never thought the illusion looked bad at all. It zones no problem for me and never drops. The only real bug i have seen with the illusion (for female form) is that when you change moods, the eyes get buggy. The eyes bulge out beyond the eyelids when you have it in any other mood besides "none". For some reason, when the character squints, blinks or simply closes its eyelids the eye can still be seen.[/p][p]this happens on 2 different computers i have. Completely different specs for each comp so i know it isn't a factor of one particular computer's hardware compared to another.[/p][p]Other than this, that's the only true bug for this illusion.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

It's been said a few times that it isn't a bug, and that Fae illusions are working as planned.
  7. ARCHIVED-Theodrec Guest

I don't think the illusion looks terribly bad. My gripe is in the size. For some reason the vampire illusion is slighter of build/shorter than all the humanoid races short ones aside. It is not a gnome vampire so why so small. The vampires in Bloodlines are also not small in size. For some reason it seems un-vampire like to be say 4'9" by earthly standards :) Nothing against short folk! :) Theo
  8. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

It is smaller probably because (I'm pretty sure) the vampires were Dark Elves and they are smaller than humans and most of the other elven races.
  9. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p]Yep. I believe this has something to do with whatever Mayong and the Teir`dal Queen, Cristanos had going on in EQ1(Live) era.[/p][p]Besides that, no self-respecting Vampire would want to ever be accused of feeding on lesser beings. Not when they got that luscious "dark berry juice" from the Teir`dal to savor. Gnomes make good kabobs, dont get me wrong. But other then that, the other races simply are not palatable.[/p][ul][li]Humans (called heeewwwmunz among the vampires) are just that... awful. Kinda chewing on a cross between a boot and rotten fish. [/li][li]Kerran are too stringy and more effort then worthwhile to skin them. Theres also the problem of*hack*furballs... [/li][li]Ogres, um.. ya. YOU bite an ogre and see what happens. [/li][li]Trolls, the prevailing stench of rotted flesh immediately curbs even the most hardened stomach. [/li][li]Frogloks, lets face it, beyond their legs just not worthwhile. [/li][li]Halflings and dwarves are kinda like trying to gnaw through decade old rawhide. Tough, dry and wholely lacking in flavor.[/li][li]High elves aren't too bad, kinda like veal. Wood elves are similar with a slight hickorey finish but both elfkin are too dainty to survive the corruption... hence the real reason why you see the Morlock lookin things runnin around. Those are the ones that were not lucky enough to die. [/li][li]Ratonga, aside from a Kerran, who wants to even consider eating a rat. I mean you can survive on them when stuck out at sea for several months but i dont recommend them. (LOL sorry Anne Rice, couldn't resist that).[/li][li]Fae? a bug. You want... to eat... a bug... umm, no.[/li][li]Half elves are only slightly better then humans, without the fish smell. (never understand where humans get that stink from... odd, oh well.) [/li][li]Erudites have no meat on their bones. Better off with a kerran instead for the amount of effort to get a single bite from an erudite you coulda skinned a kerran. *hack* [/li][li]Barbarians - Family-pack sized humans, Now in your freezer section![/li][li]Iksar - Great luggage, bad eating. [/li][/ul][p]Seriously, the vampires all seem resemble dark elves and i do believe stems back to Mayong and Cristanos. Ouka (or anyone else), have you any additional substance that can be added to this assumption?[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

I do believe that Lore points to Mayong Mistmoore having his roots far deeper into history than the creation of the Dark Elves, although it is up for debate. I think Mayong's appearance is similar to that of Dark Elves simply because he is twisted by Hate in the same way Dark Elves are. And the majority of the Vampires don't resemble dark elves, they're pale, aren't they, whereas Dark Elves are decidedly... not :p