Vah Shir race still locked

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lobaez, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Lobaez New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Jarsath Wastes
    Character: Level 82 Bruiser

Summary: Vah Shir race still locked
    Description: I am trying to purchase and use the Vah Shir race. I have purchased the pre-order for the 'Visions of Vetrovia' xpac. The Vah Shir race is still locked. I am seeking your help to unlock the Vah Shir race please. I have received the crate with the 'Visions of Vetrovia' mount. I need the Vah Shir race unlocked please.
    Thank you
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lobaez New Member

Do I have to wait until the VoV expansion drops before the Vah Shir race becomes playable?
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

You may need to petition, rather than posting here. Most likely, the Vetrovia purchase wasn't flagged to unlock the race as an oversight, but possibly it's just an issue with your account. Either way, you need CS/GM assistance.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Does the pre order actually unlock Vah Shir race? I didn't look when I pre-ordered since I already had access to the race.
    Being genuinely curious.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

The pre-order opens all previous expansions and *should* grant all the auto-grants that they gave (Not bonuses for purchasing them, but the actual stuff that comes with the expansion itself) which includes reforging, mercs, and Vah Shir in theory.

They had the same issue with the expansion after mercs were granted via expansion purchase - BoL or RoS, I forget, didn't grant mercs even though it should have from the prior expac.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lobaez like this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Except if they are considered "features" then they have to be bought individually. (e.g.) No longer the case, but mercenary had to be purchase separately (if you weren't around for that expansion), beastlord, dungeon maker (no longer a thing but i think qualified as a feature at the time), I'm probably forgetting some other things(?).

Hopefully you get my drift. It's why I asked. It would be ideal to get an official answer on if Vah Shir should be included.

Would be nice to upgrade my f2p accounts with the base expansion and catch them up to VoV content (will Vah Shir included).
  7. Lobaez New Member

*Update*
    Well, this is sad, but at least I have closure. I wasted my money.
    A GM reply on my petition says "The Vah'Shir Race feature was only available to those who purchased the Reign of Shadows expansion. That expansion is no longer able to be purchased, as a new one, Visions of Vitrovia has replaced it as the newest expansion."

I really didn't want the expansion. I just wanted to create a new lvl1 Vah Shir and followed the purchase race button on the screen. This went to a website for VoV. It clearly states on this page...
    Add to your adventures with more than a dozen expansions.

Add new races, classes, zones, quests, and more. All expansions are included when you purchase the latest expansion.

Clearly my WIS and INT are lacking for me to have missed this.:)
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. I really hesitate to suggest pinging devs for issues like this, but the race *should* be included, so... As a default part of RoS expansion it's not even really a question.

Does that GM think there should be no way for players to now get the race?
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Clarification, I bought the RoS xpac and yes it did come with the Vah Shir Race, but I did not get the Aerakyn race. on my login screen it has that race highlighted in a gold box with DC on the bottom right.

Current Pricing for Aerakyn is:
    Standard > 2,000 DC
    Noble (gives flying stats, etc) 4200 DC
    Noble + Character slot >> 4800 DC

I think this was just just much..
    I too actually wanted the Aerakyn race, instead of the Vah Shir race, but it is what it is I guess.. Maybe a Dev will see OUR posts and change it. I know I bought the Vampire race back then, and it gave me the special flying mount, then they changed it to include the xpac, and now you can do a quest for the flying part of the illusion, Think I got screwed then also, but again oh well.
  10. Elecyah Member

I have the same issue, and part of my reason for pre-ordering the VoV for my second account WAS specifically the Vah Shir race.

This is the info when purchasing VoV:
    "Access to all previous expansion content included." Under the little question mark icon it says "You will receive all previous expansions' content, including 2020's Reign of Shadows, at the same time you purchase Visions of Vetrovia."

When, in character creation, Vah Shir is still locked, it says "Only available as part of the Reign of Shadows expansion." When clicking the Shop Now! button, it takes to the pre-order VoV page.

This is false advertising, in MANY ways. I'm very unhappy about this.
  11. Kanaloa New Member

Same issue here, just purchased the expansion thinking that this would get me access to the Vah Shir.

Something to note though: In the beta launcher the Vah Shir race description says "The Vah Shir race is only available as part of a Race Pack upgrade." The same line of text as the Aerakyn and Freeblood.

Seems they are planning on putting the race upgrade in the store in the near future. They stopped us from being able to unlock the race via expansion purchase but have not put the race upgrade in the store yet, wonderful....
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The difference is, the Aerakyn race was never part of an expansion. It was always a separate purchase. I've purchased every expansion in this game, but I don't have that race, because it has always been locked behind a paywall. That half vampire race is similar. It, too, has always been behind a paywall and has never been part of an expansion. That's how those two races were designed. It's the sales pitch on the expansion page that has needed changing for the past two or three years, because that's the part that's misleading.

I'm a bit unpleasantly surprised to hear that the vah-shir race didn't unlock, however. That was supposed to be part of the expansion itself. Otoh, I'm not surprised; Daybreak has been doing carp like this for a while, and this seems to be par for the course.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lobaez like this.
  13. Elecyah Member

Yes, those races were different from the onset. In general I've no problem with certain things being not excluded from the blanket unlock (which, in itself is rather generous, I feel. It's certainly is compared to how it was back when I began my EQ2 journey), but stuff like this SHOULD be clearly communicated.

Coincidentally I had a similar beef in LotRO just a year or two ago: whether a race was included in an expansion or not. I do not understand what about communication is so difficult

The way it seems at the moment, and correct me if I'm wrong - is that the Vah Shir race is completely unlockable to anyone who doesn't already have it.
  14. Lobaez New Member

"Add to your adventures with more than a dozen expansions.

Add new races, classes, zones, quests, and more. All expansions are included when you purchase the latest expansion."
  15. Kanaloa New Member

This is my experience as of right now. I do not have the Vah Shir unlocked, and I am finding it impossible to unlock them at this time.
  16. Ogaren New Member

Same for me. I bought the expansion and was looking to start over with a Vah Shir .. No luck.
  17. Kanaloa New Member

Well... Just heard back from "Technical Support". This is what they relayed to me :

So it is simply not possible to unlock the Vah Shir. Awesome.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Elecyah like this.
  18. Elecyah Member

Wow. Despite being false advertising for one thing. (And it is a huge thing in and of itself.) This doesn't make any sense from the standpoint of the company, either.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, they have made the decision to make the unlock a purchase starting tomorrow - So you will be able to unlock it, but it won't come with the expansion purchase.

Edit: See https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-october-26.601233/ --

GENERAL
    Fixed an issue with purchases from merchants that could cause a server crash.
    The Vah Shir race can now be purchased separately from the Reign of Shadows expansion.
  20. Kanaloa New Member

Elecyah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.