Vah Shir Mount (Varsoon)

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Chrexx, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Chrexx Active Member

The stats on the Vah Shir Heritage mount are working on Varsoon. This is giving anyone who has it at least 6 potency more than anyone else. This is what we call pay to win. This sort of things makes it annoying to play a T1 dps without it, and basically allows anyone who forked out cash to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

You guys did good by removing the ability to purchase the crates. And I get it - at this point, people have spent so much money on the crates that you can't remove it's prowess altogether. Going forward, I would suggest taking one of the following routes:

1. Increase the stats on a mount that you can find in game, such as Kelrok, Djinn Nightmare. Make the stats at least comparable to the Vah Shir mount so that it's not an absurdly massive advantage.

2. Decrease the stats on the Vah Shir mount so that it's comparable to Kelrok, or the Beloxx mount from the package you can buy.

3. Add the Vah Shir Heritage Crate to named (or even raid named) and give it like a 10-25% drop chance. Even if the crate drops, you still have to hope you were lucky enough for it to contain the mount (which is a very low drop chance already). At least this will allow players a chance to farm the mount by playing the game more, instead of it being only something you can obtain by forking out cash or hoping it drops through the overseer system.

4. Put Jadeite Medallion drops on certain mobs so that we can farm enough of them to be able to purchase the mount from Arabella. Again, another way to encourage people to play the game and allow them a shot at a best in slot item.
    Ryzion, Bobben and Twyla like this.
  2. Bobben New Member

Any of these seem like a reasonable way handle the situation. A fifth option would be to reduce the cost of the mount by purchasing with medallions. I'm part of the server population that actually does buy items off the marketplace - I did the math tonight, and to purchase the mount using Jadeite Medallions, assuming 3 per crate, the cost comes out to over $2700 dollars (2000 medallions / 3 medallions per crate = 667 crates needed...) So it seems that DBG is okay with these continuing to trickle into the server, albeit at a much reduced rate which is almost completely tied to money. Please do something - we'd all like a chance at the big number parses.
    Ryzion likes this.
  3. Klownage New Member

I hope they do something about the mount before it gets to a point where if you arnt swiping your card hard you wont be playing a T1. As it sits right now the mount form the potency and the buff are about a 30% increase and thats just nuts. When the new xpacs come out that gap could get worse and worse. P2W people gotta have something for their money but people who dont need to be able to get somewhat close.
    Ryzion likes this.
  4. Ryzion Member

stats in Kos/EoFand RoK: vha shir mount(with 8.3% mount infusion) vs the undying crate mount

lvl 70
    1.4% pot vs 13.5% pot
    72.5 ab mod vs 593 ab mod
    lvl 80
    2.5% pot vs 20% pot
    158 ab mod vs 873 ab mod
    I see no problem here :) (sarcasm off)