Using tinkered items - a question

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-KohlDL, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-KohlDL Guest

[p]I have a friend that tried to make me a Heart Stopper. On examine it said I needed 175 in tinkering skill. Just for kicks, I had her make it for me through the consignment tradeskilling window and I had her make one and trade it to me. I cannot use it without 175 in tinkering skill. My question then is why would I want a tinkerer make me something that I would have to be that level in tinkering to use? At that point I'd make it myself. Now this same friend has made me a tool for a 2% success chance increase for woodworking and it required no tinker skill. But it would be nice to be able to use those really cool harvesting tools they can make, but they also take tinkering skill to use. Am I not doing something right when trying to use an item she makes me or are some items truly only for those with tinkering ability to utilize?[/p][p] [/p][p]Thank you for any information.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Kire Guest

[p]You're not doing anything wrong. Most items that tinkerers can make can only be used by tinkerers of the appropriate level. In other words tinkerers make them for themselves.[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Oxanda Guest

As Kire already said, many tinkered items are tinkering only. The harvesting tools (automated sheers etc.) you are mentioning are usable by non-tinkerers though. Only limitation in comparison to the woodworker counterparts is a required tradeskill level (lvl 67 for the 2.5s reduction one's).
  4. ARCHIVED-TheresaN Guest

[p] Is this right? Do the tinkered tools use tradeskill level as the requirement, unlike the woodworker ones which require adventurer level be high enough?[/p][p] I'm a huge fan of these tools, and my tradeskill level is always about 10 (or more) levels higher than my adventuring level. So far, I've only used the woodworker made ones, as they are cheaper....never occurred to me that the tinker ones might use tradeskill level as a req. Can anyone confirm or discredit what Oxanda wrote?[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Leafbringer Guest

I guess when it comes to the secondaries there are two types: Tinkering, for self and Transmuting, for self and others. In other words, you'll only really make big bucks with Transmuting, I guess, since most Tinkering items can be made and used only by tinkerers. I've got to be honest - I think this was an oversight by SOE Dev team and will be addressed or fixed later. That's just a guess, considering every other tradeskill allows you to ... well, make a trade for yourself, a profession by which you can earn some cash. So /shrug
  6. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I kinda hope not since I'm now trying to level two tinkerers at once (not any easy task what with the harvesting needed) Otherwise I want combat for the time and effort (tehehehe)
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

err...combat pay...sorry ;)I'd of edited my old message, but I can't find the option to...
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

OKay, NOW I'll start missing the old forums, 'cause Beghn talked about this right after launch. Or maybe one of the other Devs. /cry.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p][size="small"][face="Times New Roman"]It seems like tinkering was meant for people to use the items they make personally. I surely don't know if you can make much money. People try to offload their stuff and probably take a hit to the wallet while doing so.[/face][/size][/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-KohlDL Guest

Thank you for the replies! It makes sense about the woodworking tool I'm using now, but I still think the harvesting tools are for tinker skill level only. That's too bad, but at least I have a really cool woodworking tool to help me gets those crafting writs done!!
  11. ARCHIVED-TheresaN Guest

[p] So I went to the broker and actively searched for tinkered tools and ANYONE can use the harvesting tools made by tinkers. I'm not a tinker, and I currently am using them...cause I bought the things and tested 'em, and they worked.[/p][p]It looks like the level requirement for them is adventurer level only, however, not trade skill level. As I was not able to use the pick when I first got it, but my craft level met the level requirement it showed...my adventure level was one too low. As soon as my adventure level dinged, I could use it.[/p][p]I searched the broker some more, and it is pretty clear which things tinkers make that anyone can use. They show a requirement of level. Things that only tinkers can use show a requirement of tinkering. Things which require a trade skill level (instead of adventure level) had a designation as well...er.. I forgot what it said, but it was quite clear. So, there you have in a nutshell. [/p][p]But, anyway, Tinkering tools used for harvesting can be used by ANYONE! :p Just need the AL.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

[p]The part about tinkered harvest tools is both right and wrong. The miscalibrated and the calibrated versions are based on adventure level. The overclocked ones (the highest tier ones) asks for tradeskill level (I belive they range from 67-69 if my memory is right). As two of them apply to two resources and have a 2.5s reducation, I imagine they could wreck havoc on woodworker market otherwise.[/p][p] [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-TheresaN Guest

Well then I have something to look forward to as well, If I keep my Tradeskill level continues to always be higher it means sooner for such nice tools for me. :-D Thanks for the clarification and update.
  14. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

Most definitely the highest tier tinkered tools are tradeskill level dependent. I'm using them atm and my highest adventurer is lvl 55 :). I never bothered to check the lower tiered ones since I found the woodworker ones to be better until you reach the highest tiered tinkerer ones.