Using Slash Commands Closes EQ2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tierisch, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Tierisch Well-Known Member

For a while now every now and again when I hit "/" the game closes, or if I click in a text field, like searching the broker. I'll log out one day with /camp desktop and the next day I open EQ2, and the moment I type / the game window closes.
    I tried different accounts/toons/servers, it's always the same once it starts. Uninstalling and reinstalling only works if I dump everything in the PAKS folder and start over. As soon as I do that, I'll be good for a bit. Sometimes days sometimes weeks.
    Has anyone else ever run across it, and have you isolated a file that could be doing that? My *.ini files stay, I am only replacing the PAK files with a new download. I've also tried validating the game files, it finds one file with an issue, replaces it, but it doesn't fix the problem.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

EQ2 Button >> Options >> Controls >> Chat Keys. "Begin Command" should be mapped to /

EQ2 Button >> Options >> Controls >> Window Keys. Make sure nothing in this section is mapped to /
  3. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Thanks, but yeah that's not it, I've been playing for many years, and this just started happening recently and it's intermittent. So it's not a setting in options. I do wish it was that easy, though. :)