User Interface - Broker

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Katzandra, May 21, 2018.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Developers................ Why doesn't the default UI support pricing items over 1 mil plat easily? I am reluctant to download a second party UI and its frustrating that the game interface isn't keeping up with the realities of the current game. If the second party UI developers can make it so we can enter a price over 1 mil plat, it seems like it should be a simple task for the game developers. Please make this a priority!

And -- while I am making suggestions, it would really be helpful if there were an option to delete all contacts on a friends list to make it easier to load a list from a main character to an alt.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! I've been saying this for years! https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-570
  3. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link -- the GMs are always telling me to use the Discussion Tracker............hmmm--- why do we have Forums? (I find the Discussion Tracker confusing so tend to not even attempt to use it!)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not all servers have the gross inflation that Maj'Dul does, which was caused by idiot players using plat exploits. DBG doesn't seem to want to fix the inflation, because basically you'd have to take all the toons on the server and divide their money by 1000, leaving many people who never exploited with nothing.

Right now the best solution is to use the pricing pop-up window from DarqUI.

[IMG]

To use the DarqUI pricing popup, you need to download the DarqUI automated updater, put it in a folder somewhere (mine is in a subfolder of the EQ2 UI folder called "DarqUI"), and install it there. When it asks where to put its files, tell it that folder. If it doesn't ask, go into settings and specify that manually. Run DarqUI Unified.exe, then uncheck everything except Set Prices (Broker) (that's the eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml file).

If you are using a custom UI of some sort (I use mostly ProfitCE), just drop a copy of the Darq version of eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml into your custom UI folder.

If you are using no custom UI pieces, then full instructions for how to make this one UI piece work are available at EQ2Interface. Basically, assuming you stuck the files in a subfolder of the EQ2 UI folder called "DarqUI", then open Notepad.exe and type these lines:

cl_ui_skinname DarqUI
    cl_ui_subdir UI/

Then save the file as eq2.ini in your main EQ2 folder. You will have to restart the game.
    Meneltel and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Thart Developer

Is this the issue where large ranges (e.g. a million plat) would cause horizontal sliderbars to act wonky? If so, this is fixed in the GU.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

No, it's the issue where putting an item on the broker for more than 999,999 plat requires use of a third party UI or endlessly adding 999,999 gold to the 999,999 plat in order to get the price up.
  7. Muppethero Member

This truly needs to be fixed. 2 years later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The massive runaway inflation on all servers, now? Yep, completely agree there. Limit the Broker to 10,000 plat, period, end of sentence. If people want to gouge each other out of their eyeteeth, let them do it on the Auction channel on chat. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.