Useful Monk macros?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Tudana, Feb 27, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Tudana Guest

I was wondering if there was a list of useful monk macros for ability combos anywhere that someone could link here for me, I did a search and came up with a few 2005 postings, but no list.
    I'm newly back to EQ2, coming from Vanguard and kind of lost on how something's can be macroed here.
    Appreciate the help in advanced
  2. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

What do I have in a macro? At level 76 I have:
    Needed:
    Rescue--Just so others know it is down for another 15 minutes so they don't get too crazy. Also lets healers know to heal you.
    Intercede--Just to show that you are doing it and being useful. People really appreciate these sorts of things.
    Stun+Mit stance--Gotta let people know you are stunned so they don't go nuts. It seems that mages' "OH-SH--" button is their biggest nuke...never understood that..
    Heal--Whether it's telling the healers to get on their toes or just to show off
    Tsunami (lvl 55)--let your healers know you may need some loving once it wears off.
    Group Feign Death (lvl 58)--Let people know why they are suddenly face down in the dirt, and also tell them to hit X to get up when it is clear.
    Avoidance Check/Hate Transfer: The hate transfer is through an AA, and is very nice. Just lets others know who has what buff.
    Fear: Generally not going to use it unless you are soloing, but it's good to know when you do fear something. As an added bonus, you can FD off what you feared when it is appropriate.

At 80 you get Peel, and it would be a great idea to macro that so you can get some heals.

Others:
    Devastation Fist (lvl 35)--More to show off than anything else :0)
    Evade Check--Whether you take this AA line is another question, I
    personally love it, and the mages like to know i have their backs
    Hate/De-Hate stance--again the de-hate is through an AA and not necessary, but it helps to let others know, especially when you click it mid-fight to pick up an add.

Debuffs
    --If you take the STR line, let em know the mob is debuffed. As
    a Kerra, I also have an even bigger mit debuff, and it is in a macro.
    Cure: Along the same lines of Heal, just because I hate having to yell at my healers for not curing Roots, Stifles, etc.
    Crane Flock/Chi: Again, just for showing off. Go ahead and copy my Flock macro, it's "Flock you Mother Flockers!" Lame, I know.

Also helps to make a macro of your offensive/defensive/mid stances; no need to say anything, just make a macro that hits the spell twice so it is easier to switch stances on the fly.

You can also macro your parser if you are running one. Use /do_file_commands act-export.txt in a macro command line, and then you can just type /act macro: /g or /say or whatever you want to spam the parse to. I recommend making your own channel to keep it secret, keep it safe :0o

In addition, I would recommend putting these macros in either /say or /group (or /raid if you are raiding). /Shout is usually frowned upon.

Hope that helps bud.
  3. ARCHIVED-mattmandude Guest

I've got a macro for peel, that just lets people know that I've used it, and to put full DPS on the mob. I also have my 1st hotbar set-up with Feign death on "1" and a /stand macro on "2", so I can easily hit those two in fast sequence when needed (nice for pvp).

We used to all have a macro for crane flock that swapped in a 2-hander, but I stopped using it since the weapon spread gap between the 2-handers and dual wields closed a little, and since they implemented the "wait 2 seconds before you can equip another weapon".
  4. ARCHIVED-Tudana Guest

Thanks guys, I am not sure however I was clear on the type of macros i was asking about. having text macros for group chat isnt what I was refering to, but thanks for the ideas you did post :)
    I am coming over from Vanguard - and in Vanguard, as a warrior, there were macros you could use to cast abilities simultaneously for a big bang attack or change full set of gear/weapons out.
    example of Vanguard warrior macro:
    /cast "Charge II" (Group DPS 25%)
    /cast "Strike Now" (Group Crit for 3s)
    /cast "Press the Attack II" (Dtarget DPS 35%)
    /cast "Shout of Fury IV" (100 STR 20s)
    /cast "Stunning Bellow III" (Stun 6s or 5h, so they don't stop initial)
    /cast "Bloodrage IV" (So you have the endurance)
    /cast "Power Attack V" (Try to have UM up before so they both stack)
    /cast "Kick V" (No GC so extra hit)
    /cast "Shield Bash V" (No GC so extra hit) (If you are using a shield)
    /cast "Devastating Blow VII" (Start of chain)
    All of this is on 1 macro - all cast simultaneously - can this not be done in EQ2? if so, what is the command needed in order to /cast our monk abilities?
    Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Ooooooo. Didn't catch that, sorry.

Unfortunately in EQ2 there is no way to macro multiple steps like that. The reason for this is because the plat farmers or bot-makers would exploit it too easily. However, you can make macros for your skills and a way of calling them out, so others know what you are using. This can be done easily by dragging the icon to the macro box. Hit the O key to bring up the Emote/Macro window, hit the tab that says macros, then you can Edit whatever you want. You can drag and drop the icon of the spell you want into that macro window, then choose the next step from the drop-down box. Commands would be like /g or /r or /say, then your message. You can macro your target's name by putting %t. For instance, if you want to tell the group you are curing your target you would drag your cure into the macro box, add a command line that says:

Drag the Cure into the window
    (Add Command): /g I am curing %t

I have had minor success in macroing two attacks into one button, but this is generally not recommended until you have a weapon with a delay around 4 seconds. The reason for this is that you do not want to miss out on your auto attacks that should fall in between your combat arts. But in this case, you simply drop two icons into the macro box.

It seems that the longer the casting time of the skill, the harder it is to put in a macro. That's why you can't put multiple buffs into one key Sony left out a <pause> command as a deterrent to bot-makers who would hit a macro and walk away and still be bale to kill things. As with a lot of things in MMORPGs, you have to be wary of exploits to the system and try to prevent those that would cheat it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tudana Guest

I see...my mind just dont fall into the thinking of "this is exploitable..." heh...I just thought it was cool when I found it out in Vg and was hoping eq2 had it too..was nice to mix and match abilities based on the global cool down in vg. also to swap gear/weapons out in a click of a macro.
    As for the text macros, i`ll mess around with those tonight...."INC ( %t )!! ..."
    Thanks again
  7. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Oh yeah as far as gear goes you can macro as many items as you want to into one key. It's spells and other things that have cast times that you can't macro.
  8. ARCHIVED-Polynikes Guest

You can macro an entire set of armor, weapons and jewelry into one macro. However, you can no longer hit that macro during combat and switch everything. It will only substitute one item at a time. Its still useful for quick changes from dps to tanking gear before and after fights. I really hated that change.