Cannot Reproduce Used level 85 token I saved, Can't unpack the gear

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Balambao, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Balambao New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Queen's Colony
    Character: Level 85 Beastlord

Summary: Used level 85 token I saved, Can't unpack the gear
    Description: I am unable to unpack the A Packet of Equipment of which I received 2 upon using the free level 85 token I saved.

A guild member (through discord) notified me that another person had the same problem.

The following error msg shows in chat when I try to unpack the gear:

Requires that the Reign of Shadows Expansion is available on this server.
    Mugwort, Sennae, Doobius40504 and 5 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Perhaps similarly, I have a Beastlord toon that I'd gotten up to level 95 using an experimental Token they'd given out a long time ago, like back when 95 or 100 was the max, and it was like once a server or account or so. I got the gear with it right away, no troubles back then, but I just logged in with her today after a few months' absence, and ALL HER GEAR on the "right side" is GONE. Her provided Cloak, Charms, and Jewelry; all those slots are empty. The items are nowhere else; not in Overflow, not mailed back to her from the Powers That Be, not in the Buy Back section from a merchant, nowhere. Her provided Armor, Weapons, and Eidolon Food and Drink, thank goodness, are all still there. :-/

My /bug report copy:

CATEGORY: Mechanics
    SUBCATEGORY: Items
    SEVERITY: Affects gameplay
    FREQUENCY: Happened Once [I hope this isn't the start of a trend! >:-(]
    SUMMARY: MY GEAR ITEMS ARE GONE.
    DESCRIPTION: I'm a level 96 toon who had been kicked up to 95 via an experimental token, way back when that was the level cap (or perhaps 100 was) and the Totems themselves were being offered, briefly, like maybe once per account if not on Public Test. I got a whole ton of level-appropriate gear, but now my Cloak, Charms, and Jewelry are all gone! My Jeweler alt cannot replace them; she's too low level! >:-(

So, it looks like you can't get into your crate, and my gear was taken away...but just part of it. X-P

EDIT: I have since replaced all my Jewelry from the Broker, and my Tailor can get me a Cloak and Hex Dolls, but I can't imagine any of it is as good as the provided gear was. :(

Uwk

P.S. For cryin' out loud, if there was supposed to be a "Use By" or "Best if Served By" date on those Tokens, we should've been told. --U.
    Breanna, Mugwort, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I'm checking my old heroics as well. My 100 one has all her right side gear. But my 95 does not anymore.
    My 90s also have no right side gear.
    Mugwort, Twyla, Doobius40504 and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And your 90s were also "born from Tokens"? If they are, that means the old Tokens apparently wore off, went past their warranty, whatever; if not, that's even more troubling. :-/

Now I'm really worried about my Public Test folks; over half of them got Tokened up to the levels they are now. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

Can you please PM your character name and what server you're on Balambao?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.