US Server Downtime Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX Community Manager

The US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, December 3rd at 7:00AM Pacific Time* for an update. The expected downtime is approximately one hour.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.

*Convert to local time
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Is the fix for the broken "fix" double alternate currency for collections in it as well? It isn't mentioned in the notes...

Cheers
    Ang
  3. Redshift21 Member

I second the above question . . . you folks even have a note in the "Message of the Day" regarding the fix for the double Etyma for gold accounts - please tell me you did not overlook this! o_O
    Anghammarad likes this.
  4. Karagon Active Member

+1, Does double etyma for collections will work again after this update?
  5. Redshift21 Member

The silence is deafening . . . got a baaaaad feeling about this. :(

Would be even more sad if they removed this issue's notes from the "Message of the Day" without fixing it.
  6. Yaslin Member

Will Channelers be able to do their epic weapon quest after this update? Also not mentioned in the notes.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

Would really like to know about the collection "fix" I have about 30 to turn in.
    Ranga likes this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

^Same as......
  9. finum New Member

I turned in quite a few before realizing the error. o_O

Also, I would like to echo the "lack of announcement" concern from the above posts.

[IMG]
  10. Redshift21 Member

NOT fixed!

To the Devs: PATHETIC ! ! !
  11. Heck62 Active Member

When I reported the fact that I did not get double currency for TOV collections that I turned in the GM that replied told me that it was intentional.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

What a joke. SOE throws the carrot out there to get people to pay money for Gold so they can get double the currency then they screw up everything that gives it out. Seems kind of criminal.
  13. Bimbleberry New Member

I just turned in a bunch and got 3, not 2, not 1, but 3 per collection. I'd say they more than fixed it. THANKS! And Thank You SO MUCH for being able to fly in my home!
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

Bim, you always got 3 - if you are gold your got 6. If you are gold you just got screwed out of a bunch * 3. And I am glad you get to fly in your home - such an important fix.
  15. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

When you are on "gold", you should have received 6 Etyma per collection... That's what it was like before fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place. They "Fixed" that low level alts couldn't turn in collections and getting Etyma from them. So now you need to be at least LvL 92 Adventurer.

While implementing that they broke the double etyma for "goldies". So Goldies just received 3 Etyma not 6 like announced. "Every alternate Currency doubled until february..."

Now a GM answering to an appeal "Working as intended" while on US Serveres there was a MOTD claiming it will be fixed today is ... no can't write that down here...

So please we the players need some information from someone who knows what he/she/it is talking about.
  16. DeathbyDestiny New Member

While i'm not not that high level yet to be affected by this, I have to say this is pretty damning for SOE. If they straight up said they were fixing this today and people went to turn their collections in to find that was not the case. Then that's on SOE now

It's almost as if they WANT to lose players, ******** all over your customers is not how you run a business. I expected better
    Missjade likes this.
  17. caroway New Member

The other problem I have, is what about the level 95 tradeskill folks I have, that haven't made it to 92 adventure level yet (at least 4 of them) - what is the perceived problem with *them* getting the gold reward for a 10year vet account, they are certainly going to be spending the Etyma on buying the recipes...

grumpy
    Kuulei and Conifur like this.
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

Well the MOTD has changed to say "it will be fixed soon" and to "hold onto them to ensure that you recieve (sic) the additional bonus currency".

No date given.
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Yup, agree with that as well. They need to change the cost of the recipes to something other than Etyma's - maybe Obols.
  20. RadarX Community Manager

Expect the Etyma fix to go in as soon as possible. We'll provide an update as soon as we have one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.