upgrading your familiar...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Dannni Active Member

Upgrade your ethereal familiar to level 10, get 300 overcrap critbonus. WIN THE PARSE... literally most important skill in the game? Spending bucketloads on your credit card.
  2. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

So basically, by spending a boat load of real money, you get a huge damage bonus over in-game caps?

Just curious...

1. Ethereal familiars level a hell of a lot faster, how common are the in-game drops of these things?

2. Are there any other ways to get damage bonuses that are able to exceed in-game caps that are of the same magnitude as this?
    Kheldar likes this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

lets just say , ive opened up more than 50 familiar cages and ive gotten 1 fabled and a bunch of legendary and treasured
    i think chance of getting a ethereal is less than 1% probably like 0.1 or 0.2%
    however if your rich you can just buy the 10k dbc familiar crate , there you get 100% chance of a ethereal + other ones.
    Kheldar likes this.
  4. Dannni Active Member

So basically, by spending a boat load of real money, you get a huge damage bonus over in-game caps?

Yes

1. Ethereal familiars level a hell of a lot faster, how common are the in-game drops of these things?

Its like winning the lottery i.e. you wont win one and its unlikely youll ever know anyone that wins one

2. Are there any other ways to get damage bonuses that are able to exceed in-game caps that are of the same magnitude as this?

No... 300 overcap crit bonus is huge, probably the equivalent of in the region of10k potency currently (my guestimate). Basically those that spend the extreme amount to upgrade an ethereal familiar gain a significant boost, which is impossible to obtain for those that dont spend real world money. There is 1 option only and that is to spend real money, playing the game or having loads of plat do not help
    Cheallaigh and Kheldar like this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Sadly this is a entire p2w mechanic , there are no alternatives to paying
    Ive bought dbc to up some ascensions and i bought the premium for the expansion but this familiar thing is where i draw the line
    not paying for this.
    Toxify, Dude, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Wait a minute.......

There is a familiar crate that costs $1,000?

Edit: Nevermind. Math skills are useful. So, $100 gets you an ethereal familiar.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

There is the premium gilded familiar crate that gives you 1 ethereal + 1 fabled + 15 random ones for 9899 dbc
    however all of that wont be enugh to get your familiar to lvl 10.
    Cheallaigh and Kheldar like this.
  8. Dannni Active Member

Theyre 9.899 daybreak cash minus 10% member discount, approximately £65. Buying multiple of those crates, is the only realistic way to level an ethereal familiar to level 10... probably need atleast 5 or more
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  9. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

So, $500 to $700 or thereabouts to get the damage bonus.

I don't know what is more saddening, seeing a game I once loved stoop to this level, or figuring there are people who will indeed charge stuff like this to a credit card.

Sad.
    Toxify, Juraiya, Argosunited and 6 others like this.
  10. Dannni Active Member

there has been i think 4 familiar tonics available to negate some of the cost... (panda, fallen gate, premium edition and beta heroic) but the later levels are the most expensive anyway.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  11. Revel Well-Known Member

I've officially given up trying to compete at the highest level now. This is absolutely ridiculous. Not only did you screw the people who bought the collector's edition within 3 months, you gave someone the ability to buy an absolutely overwhelming advantage for a few hundred bucks. At least Ascensions could be obtained via rare drops, training, and getting pages from KA zones.
    Toxify, Fistpower, Kheldar and 4 others like this.
  12. Dannni Active Member

I have to agree, what leaves a real bitter taste in my mouth on this one is that there is no realistic way to achieve a level 10 ethereal familiar in the game, even in the long term. Its basically pay for a nice healthy advantage with no alternative route
    Toxify, Juraiya, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  13. 2The-Plethora Member

Pure greed, but not unexpected.
    Kheldar and Meneltel like this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

As a friend once said in a table top RP game "Greed may not be part of your culture, but its certainly part of mine!" And that applies to the bosses of DBG and beyond.
  15. Chimeron Member

This is for lack of a better word, NUTZ. The cynical level in dbg is... its more then lvl 110 thats for sure o_O
    Kheldar likes this.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

A game i once loved has morphed into a bottom feeder with no concern for quality or the welfare of its customers.

You all are not people, you are objects to be manipulated and exploited.

A sad thing.
  17. Uxtalzon Active Member

Holly, Lauren, it's time for you to start explaining and discussing with the players the future of EQ2 and the franchise as a whole. Your continued dead silence and questionable (putting it lightly) P2W promotions are doing more harm to this game than anything else.
    Dude, Kheldar, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  18. Revel Well-Known Member

These decisions don't come from them, they come from the very top. The most they are going to do is continue to ignore this, or offer some spin.

I wouldn't be mad if there was another realistic way to level familiars, AND we could level the familiars we already have.
  19. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Holly is exec producer for the franchise. It's likely she has been given a profit/revenue goal and these designs are how she's chosen to realize them.

Whomever is calling the shots, honesty, candor and customer welfare doesn't appear to be a concern.

If course, only they know. Still, everyone is carrying out the marching orders, so they're not getting a pass from me. They still have choices.
    Dude, Kheldar, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

You can level the familiars you already have. At least I was able to level the ones I had on test server to test (thalumbra leafhopper, dark shadow drake, frostfell kitten and the spider from NOTD). You just have to use the season 3 familiars to do it. No other familiar can be consumed to level familiars.

Now this could have changes between test and live, I haven't bothered to even attempt anything on live since I've not had any drop and I'm absolutely never going to buy a merc crate from the market.
    Kheldar likes this.