upgrading your familiar...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Dannni Active Member

10 levels, sounds so easy huh? Wrong. Its only achievable in a reasonable time frame if you are willing to start pumping large amounts of cash into daybreaks accounts, so im renaming it... 10 levels of stupidity
    Toxify, Lucus, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  2. Kheldar Active Member

And, by the time you spend $24,000 to level the familiar, Season 4 Familiars will be out!
    Of course, you can't use your Season 3 leveled one to upgrade that though, you have to go back to the cash store and fork over another boatload !
    Toxify, Rhodris and Cheallaigh like this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

heh i'm mainly playing FG, no season 3 familiar drops there at all... so mine will stay exactly the way it is.
    Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  4. Kheldar Active Member

Shhhhhh.... Don't mention FG, or the next time you look the expansions won't be released ever 12 weeks, but only after every toon on FG buys a 9500DBC token in the store!
    Cheallaigh and Rhodris like this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

Another purely Pay to Win schtick from the Devs. It's getting real old, real fast.
    Juraiya, Quillyne, Kheldar and 4 others like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This game has gotten real old, real fast...
    Mindsway, Cheallaigh, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

all P2W .. and they make it sound like a great new feat.

I kind of don't care anyway. If I need to pay to get better, I'll stay crap :)
    Juraiya, Quillyne, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ive been crap, as one forum poster commented, I'm the dps sk they laugh at. So be it, at least I used to have fun until this expansion.
    Rhodris and Kheldar like this.
  9. Skadad Member

on FG the familiar stats matter more, like 2x your potency if upgraded familiars ( more or less )
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  10. semisus Does not play this game

i got a familar cage today from a mission , however when unpacking i got a season 1 faimiliar
    do you seriusly expect us to buy 100x 10k dbc to buy season 3 of marketplace so we can lvl our familiars?
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't think they expect you to seriously do that, but they are hoping some will, perhaps.
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

are you sure about that?
    Kheldar likes this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

i hope i win the lotto too , but i dont expect it!
    im sure in their mindset they put a graph on a meeting showing how much dbc they where selling each month and someone had the idea of this , however even the richest person is unlikely to buy 1million dbc so he can lvl his familiar
    Kheldar and Cheallaigh like this.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

Someone reported in another thread that on the CASH SHOP familiar crate, the text for the final unpack reads season 1 or 2. Fortunately they were paying attention and don't plan to unpack it further until there is some clarification.

Luuuucy! You have some 'splainin to do!
    Cheallaigh and Rhodris like this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The number will vary depending on quality of familiar. As an example, on Test it took 296k xp to level a fabled to level 10. Presumably it is still the case now that it's on live.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

As an above poster stated, it'll vary by type of familiar.

In testing a treasured familiar required 7400 points to upgrade it completely to level 10.
    Legendary requrired 59200 points total to level to 10.

Consuming a treasured familiar grants 100 points. Consuming a legendary grants 1000 points.

I didn't have fabled or ethereal familiars on test so couldn't test those personally, but the above poster gave a figure for fabled that was just under 300k and one can assume the ethereal ones will be at least 500k and I wouldn't be shocked if they were higher still. So, no one is going to be leveling familiars very quickly unless they have an absolute huge amount of money to throw at a game.
  17. Aricael Member

Ethereal on TLE gives 150k,

4 ethereal plus level 3 season 3 familiar = level 7 season 3 familiar.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

is this supposed to be a good thing since we can only gamble and buy them?
  19. semisus Does not play this game

so only 40k dbc to get it to lvl 7? sounds like a win to me! :(
    Kheldar likes this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

so much for leveling my beloved battlecat I spent so much time grinding for :confused: