upgrading your familiar...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

ami reading this wrong, that ti would only work with season 3 familiars?

2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

nope. I read it as only season 3 too.
  3. Kheldar Active Member

Gotta bump up cash store purchases somehow you know! o_O
    chattie likes this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Get out the credit card and but those lottery crates.
    chattie likes this.
  5. sonoske Active Member

time to make a whole lot of plat !!! Gonna be selling crates galore !!
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Now i dont feel so bad about all those duplicates ive destroyed but if we get a familiar crate after update we can only consume it if we get the season 3 one after opening it?
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

that's what i'm reading, that only the season 3 ones work... i'm so not buying those just to gamble on raising a single familiar.
    Lucus, chattie and Kheldar like this.
  8. moonwitch New Member

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but that very small print also says,
    "Familiars earned through /claim, quests, and any other specialized way will not be able to be consumed for experience."

So does this mean only the ones purchased in the cash shop will work?
    Kheldar likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i was tired when i posted this last night, forgot about that part...

yeah i was wondering if dropped familiars would or wouldn't, but then it's the season 3 which i assume are only bought at this point, so kinda moot.
  10. Caith Developer

Familiars that are granted via non-repeatable quests (as opposed to familiars rewarded in mission crates) cannot be consumed so we do not run into the issue where someone consumes a familiar that they cannot replace. Out of the 31 familiars currently in the Season 3 set, only one familiar meets that criteria, all others can be used to level your familiars.
  11. sonoske Active Member

caith can you please be more specific.. And just let us know exactly what familers via marketplace can be used
  12. Seadar New Member

If this is the case, I'm speechless. Except for one word "gimmicks".
    Kheldar, Argosunited and Cheallaigh like this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

Still wondering , if we get a familiar crate lets say from a pop mission can it only be consumed for experience if it turns out to be a season 3? currently i belive when we get a crate and opened its random between 1 and 2.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Short story version: to get consumable familiars, you need to buy crates.

Or reframing it in a more positive way, you can use crate rewards you don't need to level other familiars you want.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

this actually didn't answer my main question. is it only the season 3 familiars that can be used to raise other familiars?
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

Another 31!!! familiars from season 3 - oh my.

Could you maybe please be so kind and do smart-loot upon season 1 and 2 then?
    Trying to get them all is not only expensive but a pain deluxe.
    Kheldar and Cheallaigh like this.
  17. sonoske Active Member

so I bought a 3 pack yesterday got 3 legendary and consumed them and didn't lol my familiar so basically to get to lvl 10 its gonna cost you a whole mess of money !!!
    Fistpower and Kheldar like this.
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I read somewhere that it would take approximately 800 familiars to upgrade your current one.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

What? Do you have Slimer from the Ghostbusters as a familiar? *giggles*
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Have your grand parents take out a reverse mortgage. The game needs to be healthy to keep Norrath alive for the players.
    Rhodris, Cheallaigh and Kheldar like this.