Upgrade to Harvest Depot ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-UliTheGrey, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    They did do it with NOTD, unfortunetly with the other holidays different harvestibles are used for different recipies not the generic of NOTD and Erollisi day which made it very easy to consoladate to one harvestible. I do not see them consoladating the other holiday harvestibles any time soon as they woudl hten have to change all those recipies.
    I also use more then one harvest depot one for my provies(yes plural have 2) one for my carp who actually holds the holiday harvestibles with space left over. My woodworker keeps the non food stuff plus adorn and rares. I"m thinking of moving some rares over to my alchie who only holds his dusts there so far. so I hve room in my woodworkers for the new teirs as well as last tiers non food harvestibles as she uses those quite a bit in her crafting being my Adorner and Tinkerer also.
  2. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Any increase to the existing guild and crafted depots would be wonderful please!
  3. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

I keep all the provisioner materials out of the GH depot (except the current tier). That frees up loads of space.
    Now if they implemented a second depot, just for provisioner stuff - let's call it "a fridge" - that would be awesome!
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Since the Harvest Depot (and the guild amenity) were added, there have been level increases. Each time there has been requests/demands to have the capacities increased and each time the answer from the devs has been the same. The limits are there intentionally. The boxes were not intended or designed to hold -everything- in one. You need to pick and choose what you want in each box.
    Now that each character can have multiple houses and each house, of the same character, could have a harvest depot box, you really do have an infinite capacity on it.
    I have, in different houses, a box for commons that aren't food/drink, a box of provi stuffs (the most full of all of them, because loams and roots are used in provie recipes, too), a box for rares and materials, a box for holiday harvests, and a box for transmuted materials. It's the best way to easily share all this between two (or more) accounts. I just wish the dropped crafting components would also go into the boxes, those still take up bank space and have to be traded to get from one account to the other.
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

The way we've dealt with this is to disallow T1 rares in the depot. You really do not ever need 20K of T1 stuff, no one stays in that tier long enough. We keep our rares in the guild bank, and members can ask any officer for one. We require that folks either pay a reasonable price for 'em, or contribute other rares.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    Glad to hear about the NOTD stuff. I was away for most of that event, so I didn't really keep up with everything that happened.
  7. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    But what is the purpose in this from the developers standpoint? Is it so that we have to spread our crafting out over multiple houses using multiple harvesting depots? Does that help with the "load" of data for the game? Is it easier on the database for us to have this spread out in multiple houses with multiple zonings?
    Is it an arbitrary decision or does the decision have some underlying reason?
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Katz wrote:
    They don't want you to have a one-stop shop in your home for virtually no cost, while guilds have to spend money and status for the same thing. That's been the case with crafting AND travel.
  9. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

160 is the magic number to hold ALL basic harvests, that does not include, rares, holiday harvests, adornment mat's, subcombine returns such as dusts. It would be about another 70 slots to be able to hold all the rares for every tier. Feel free to continue to do the math on how much space to have you're own personal tradeskill paradise in your home.
  10. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

iirc, it was a memory and database issue.
    I'm sure at some point this could/will be corrected. (just like they said that pvp/pve server xfers, owning multiple houses, increasing house item limits, appearances slots, unlimited character slots, and flying mounts couldn't happen, but are in game now...)
    It'll take time for it to come to fruition. Unless, like many other features that have been implemented, the devs are holding out on the feature to pad the added content list for new GU's.
    There are many features already done, they just need to be added. And like the heritage armors, I'm sure this is one of them...
  11. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    5 harvest depots is the magic number....one for provisioner mats, one for other basic mats, one for rares, one for adorning, one for holidays.
    Atleast...thats what I use, in that setup, and yes, theres empty slots in each depot, the holiday mats being the fullest as frostfell just has a ridiculous number of mats for its recipes.
  12. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Erszebeth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I didn't want to point that one out, just incase a hammer swung...
  13. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    You can have them in different houses (whether all owned by one character or each by different) and they work a treat, that way, for having a shared space for more than one account. Have the provi box in a house with a provi table, you'll only need occassional roots and loams for some levels. Have the adorning box in a huse with a workbench. And so on..
  14. ARCHIVED-Ensuite Guest

I also wish it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    did you forget that the guild depot held only 150 items a few expansions ago?
    sure, you can put multiple tinkered boxes in multiple homes; however, now you are asking that ppl put crafting stations in multiple homes. that's 3.5 million status. not everyone can get 3.5 million status easily. the tinkered box does not hold enough. it's that simple.
  16. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Tigress wrote:
    You don't need stations in all the homes, though.
    A main house with all the non-food regular harvests would have all the stations. The food house would have the stove and the transmute house would have the work bench. So, it's more like 4.5 miillion status spent. If you have multiple crafters, you've probably earned enough where each character can buy their own table. The limitations and the cost of tables are a fair price to pay for the convenience of crafting out of a house and keeping all the goodies to yourself. After all that money and status is spent, it's yours rent-free for life.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hogatha Guest

I really think the guild depot needs an increase, 300, maybe even 500. :) I don't see how it is a database issue. After all, the items are still taking up the database somewhere, whether in this bank, or that bag, house vault, etc. In the very least, allow us to expand the depots much like we are able to expand the house item limit. Already at the max guild depot limit and this isn't including very much of the latest tier. It would be much easier to keep the harvests all in one location
  18. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Qixil@Unrest_old wrote:
    I think the "database issue" people mean that if you don't have the slots in the harvesting depot then you have to use up existing bag, bank, or house vault slots for your materials and not use those slots to hold something else.
    I don't know enough about programming to know how much problem having more slots puts on the overall game. However, I do know that zoning causes disconnects so it would be nice to be able to gather everything into one zone and not have to zone over and over to do things.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    With the advent of the apprentice which must be placed in a house they have made crafting at home the way to go, otherwise you are running home to get quest then to hall to craft and back to house to turn it in, Everzone has just added one more way to increase the number of hits to the log in server by the people with the most items .
    There is a work around for the lore on the harvest depot and you can have multiple depots in one house by sticking them in other houses and moving them all to the same house. Having to have a sets of crafting machines for multiple houses to craft from multiple depots is ridiculous.
    And yes the reason has been stated less slots than items is a time sink to give us something more to do. Constant organizing and making choices as to what to do with it all.
  20. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

It's not like I would quit using the guild hall for crafting. When I'm doing writs, it's definitely there. For about everything else though, I'm using my own stash. And I'd prefer to have one centralized house.