Upgrade to Harvest Depot ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-UliTheGrey, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-UliTheGrey Guest

Up to T10 the (guild) harvest depot could more or less hold all raw materials - except the rares. With GU63 there are new raw materials that will not fit in. Is there a way to upgrade the capacity from 200 ?
  2. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Yep, time to upgrade that depot!
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I had asked this on the Test forum weeks ago and never received a response. I don't expect one here either but +25 slots would be great.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

What I do in my guild's depot is keep regular mats all tiers, T9 and T10 rares, T9 adorning items, no holiday stuff nor other tier rares and everything fits with some slots left over.
    The other tier rares I put in a personal harvest depot or in guild bank depending on what toon is leveling or what's needed at any given time.
    It works out great, you don't have to worry about running out of room.

(not sure what we'd ever do if we actually reach a new tier in 1 or 17 years from now :p )
  6. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Why not eliminate the first tier or two from the depot and stick it in a home? That's up to 30 slots freed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    Yes, I've seen some folks say they do that as well. I like to keep all tiers of mats (common of course) in the gh depot for those random leveling sessions that happen. You know the ones... Oh today I will start a 15th carpenter or w/e lol
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Yeah. I know what you mean :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

There are work arounds of course. However, if the crafting area of the guild is being used by many players with alts of all levels, and if you want to have the materials available for all levels, then a larger depot is convenient. It won't be convenient to have a home with a personal harvesting depot set up for guild use.
    We pretty much stick to having just the common mats in the depot and this works out most of the time. People keep up with their own rares, adorning materials, and holiday materials. Every once in a while I have to remove some rares and things that have been added by folks, but that isn't much of a problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I would love to see an increase in guild and house depots with this new tier that's taking up space
  11. ARCHIVED-DxPreist1 Guest

I agree but I would, rather than have them upgrade the box, allow us to buy up to 10 (like the mailboxes/gaurds etc. ) and remove the cap on number of one type of good it can hold. Or "Adding" a second through guild amenities just added another 200 slots to it...
    That way we could have one for each tier if we wanted... or just expand as needed.
    Item exclusion lists for them would be nice too, because if another newbie adds 5 ettin coins again I may has to keel someones.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

DxPreist1 wrote:
    Have you considered placing a notebook or something on the box, telling people what not to put in?

Consolidating the rest of the holiday harvests (NotD and Frostfell) would help out as well. I know some people are going to be unhappy with me saying that, but if they can't / won't add more space, then this needs to happen.
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    I like to think they are donating to the guild funds when those items are removed and sold. keeping both the harvest depot and guild bank free of clutter is an excellent method of raising guild funds.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

they should update the tinkered house one while they are at it. that one holds only 100 and you can only put one in a house. (alternatively, they could remove the lore tag so you can use more than one in a house.)
  15. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Tigress wrote:
    I agree on both fronts.
  16. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Tigress wrote:
    Both the tinkered house depot and the guild harvest box need increases on the number of items they hold. My suggestions would be:
    1) Increase both items by 200. Easy fix.
    If not possible,
    2) Introduce a special tinkered harvest depot for holiday/festival items only. Give it enough room to store all the stuff from the various holidays, and make it able to be put in guild halls as well as homes.
  17. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Please please please, you gave us a dozen new harvestables and no new space to put them in! Additional space would be greatly appreciated I know!
  18. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

I have had to put a second harvest depot in an alts house, and i put only "food" items in there, and the rest of the harvests in my main's personal harvest depot -i keep rares in my shared bank. It would be nice to have an increase to both the guild depot and personal depots-would make things much easier.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

The tinkered personal harvest depot definitely needs an upgrade. I have no room in mine for any of the t10 items. :(
  20. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Raienya wrote:
    We really don't need #2 for most holidays. Instead, they need to consolidate everything to one. (It's looking like NotD might be the next to do this, as recipes call for "a treat" as the ingredient and they consolidated Erollissi Day.) I run 4 boxes and I could probably handle two more tier increases if they would cut down on the brew day and NotD harvests.
    That leaves Frostfell. It's pointless to make a new special box for this, as you can't even craft these items inside the home. I'd rather they just give us the stations and put the fuels somewhere, so I can craft these items in another house.