upgrade bug worth buying once I get skeles?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Fitzrodrick, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Fitzrodrick Guest

I am level 19 and have the option to buy an adept 1 recruit. Is it worth buying or will my level 20 necro pet be better from the start?

Ghrym
  2. ARCHIVED-Aeriez Guest

from what ive heard recruits are better tanks than the necro skelly because the skell is a caster. only problem is ive also heard that adept 1 recruits are casters so they dont make as good of tanks as say app 3 recruits. so i would look for that imo /shrug
  3. ARCHIVED-BofCan Guest

I finally got my adept III recruit. Going from app III bug to Adept III spider is like going from a golf cart to an M1Ambrams. If you have the chance to get this spell.. get it!
  4. ARCHIVED-VirusViper Guest

I agree with bofcan, i made an adeptIII and im a level 20 necro with an apprenticeII Grim, the spider is a **ZOMG** good tank and isnt a caster, it casts the odd attacks but it mainly uses melee attacks close up like a tank, and the grim casts alot and doesnt use melee inbetween casts, also tends to agro off level 22 Tanks for some reason then dies like a feather in 1 hit :smileymad: but id say its good to have both
  5. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

Get the adept III pet, whatever it costs you. When hunting with guildies for single named mobs we routinely use it as the main tank ;p It outanks our tanks in those situations. And for soloing you just cant beat it.

Shad
  6. ARCHIVED-Xxithsiss Guest

Well if you are level 20, then yes get it. However if you are 23+ forget Tellurian Recruit. At 24 we get a tank that at app2 does a lot more damage and can take hits well (although spider is magic damage and zombie is disease, so having both at times is nice).

As to the spider being a caster and not tanking as well, that isn't entirely a true comment. It does cast, but so does our zombie and it has no effect on tanking ability at all. The spider owns the beetle hands down.

Criimson
    Lavastorm
  7. ARCHIVED-saboteur1133 Guest

Without a doubt spider > scarab

Criimson, I did not know the spider did magic damage and the zombie disease, good to know.
  8. ARCHIVED-BofCan Guest

Well, I have my zombie now, and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The adept 3 spider max level seems to be 23 down arrow, while the app 2 zombie is same level as me (24 down arrow), but in spite of the obvious level difference, the spider still seems to be the better tank. Just based off pet heals, it seems like the spider has in the range of about 25-35% more health, and they both do around the same damage. I know that dmg types are different, but for soloing nek mobs, I just want the **ZOMG** thing to keep aggro and stay standing. For now, Adept3 spider is still my solo tank.