Updating Antonia Bayle RP Resources

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Using the strikethrough font I'm cleaning up our server resources to make them current to spring 2012. I'm going to consolidate any channels (or cross-server channels) into this as the Freeport server effort has done. I will hit the online podcasts next week and off-site forum communities to give a heads-up. When more polished I will make it a standalone post in hope of replacing old sticky posts.
    Please reply to this thead with suggestions and/or hit the PM button to your left.
  2. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Legno@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Chat Channels
    Silver (one time $5 subscription upgrade) and Gold (monthly) subscribers of EQ2 have access to create and contribute to player-created chat channels inside of the game. Here are examples from Antonia Bayle:

/join RPLFG is an Out-of-Character channel established in 2007, used to seek out other roleplayers to hunt with In-Character, adventure-specific (getting xp, quests, perhaps even a raid or two) groups. Basically, the idea is to be able to hunt without dropping your roleplayed persona. Depending on who is in the group, this can mean a group that is RP-light or one that has little to no Out-of-Character conversation in it at all. Just be sure to specify what your character's restrictions might be for a group.

/join RPEvents was established in 2007 for the purposes of self-promoting roleplay events. Hosts promote events which may occur only once, weekly (ex. pub nights or book clubs or events that last over several days - such as the Festival of Unity. One could promote an evening of Street Roleplay in a specific city for an evening. Player's hopeful to be in-the-know for current events of the day might join the channel.
  4. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

/wave Psia! Sushie here
  5. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

I'd debate whether the claymore coalition and the pit are still active judging by lack of posting on those sites.
  6. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Banedon_Toran wrote:
    The Claymore Coalition concept is nice and a few of those guilds are still active. Perhaps those still around might be inspired to spruce it up and put it forward again? I never used The Pit's channel, though it may still be in active use.
    I'm going to coordinate with the those behind the RP Guide player-written book. It will be worth borrowing updates from that for this forum posting as well. Along with how to seek out copies of the book itself.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

Would it also be possible to get an update as to which RP guilds are currently active? Going through The Town Square site took me a couple of hours and I had to handwrite which guilds which I might be interested in showed some kind of activity on their forums. Short of contacting people in game to really find out, something else that will take hours, it's difficult to make decisions on these things with the current list, and it would be nice for new players or transfers to have that info here as well.
  8. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Kestryl, Forum activity (or lack thereof) on a guild site isn't, IMO, always indicative of in-game activity. Especially if the most active portion of the page isn't public. Granted, a recent, public news posting from site admins can prove insightful. I'm not a Town Square magistrate (Admin), but I'm aware that they updated their guild listing as recently as last summer. Again, our server has changed since then. So hard to say who has departed or who has recently returned to the community.
    You could try a few things in advance of any updates found here. Using the in-game Guild Recruitment Tool to start. Assuming a guild is active and have appointed Recruitment Officers, those character's may appear on that search listing to directly contact. Make sure to play around with the search parameters to include the Roleplay tag and turn off class-specific tags. At least that way, you will see who is around when you normally play your game and see if any match up with the Town Square listing that interests you. Another option is to cross-reference using the EQ2 Toolbar if you're willing to attach it to your browser. At this time, only RP guilds from AB attach themselves to the toolbar. Having been active enough to make the request.
    If you are Silver or Gold, /join RPlfg channel. You need not Roleplay in that channel to get information. So no one minds if you use it to inquire for RP guilds who are recruiting. Sometimes you get more direct contact in this way.
  9. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Psia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It's a good way of finding who is active for your playtime as well :) Talking of the RP toolbar I better get Elements added, so many things to think about since moving server !
  10. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

Psia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks, actually I'm very impressed with how active the RPLFG channel is! Very happy to be moving to AB
  11. ARCHIVED-Maelynia Guest

Vet rpers from EQ1 might remember the old Everquest Roleplayers site run by Arminya. I, myself, learned how to rp within that community back in the day and it did a great job of bringing rpers together across all of EQ1’s servers. Arminya has recently re-launched the site for both EQ1 and EQ2 players and it can be found here: http://www.everquestroleplayers.com/
    From the site:
    This is a board dedicated to the Roleplayers of EverQuest and EverQuest II.

Our Goal

• To preserve the art of roleplaying on all servers of EQ and EQII.
    • To provide a place for roleplayers to discuss game mechanics, roleplaying events, roleplaying ideas, and stories.
    • To give roleplaying guilds and roleplayers resources and assistance with regard to roleplaying within the game.
    • To assist roleplaying guilds and roleplayers with common issues regarding alignments, classes and factions within the game.
    • To encourage each other to keep the faith and have a great time roleplaying.
  12. ARCHIVED-Castegyre Guest

Thanks for the updated info.
    My wife and I are both old school EQ players who have been bouncing around games ever since. We used to play on LDL and then on FP, but we're on AB now feeling out the RP community a bit. We've both noticed that as the game has aged and people have moved on a lot of the older information is no longer useful. This will make it much easier to see if we can find a nice home for some of our characters to grow with. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

A /bump to let folks know that I intend to formalize something soon. I offered plenty of opportunity for player's both known or unknown to comment here or to PM me. I've received no PM from anyone on the topic. So I'll do my best and hope it serves us well.
  14. ARCHIVED-Championchains Guest

I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for a little RP on AB since I rejoined EQ2 about a week ago. After logging onto my Troll alt Tuesday night, the RP actually found me! Although it was in the guise of a "female" trying to lure me back to her house to cyber, at least it was a start. I guess. Needless to say, I passed on the offer but it was nice to have some IC interaction regardless.

I now know to join the RPlfg channel, so maybe I'll see some of you in Norrath.

Edit for typos