Updated ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's not an updated FAQ that overdue, rather the cancellation of this deal is overdue. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

doubt you will see a cancelation
  3. Kilar Active Member

I left EQ2 back in March due to the Pro7 debarcle. I was not willing to be forced to sign up with them. I recently got an E-Mail for 2 weeks free gold subscription and checked things out again on the forums/web before I downloaded EQ2 again. I am now happily back playing and am very pleased to see that I can keep my account with SOE (Not that I will trust them ever again, I will be gone at the 1st whiff of trouble). I just wish they had allowed us Euro's to play ALL of their games, including EQNext on the same account.

I hope that some more people will return to EQ2 once word is spread but I can understand if they do not come back. Once bitten twice shy.

I will not play any game that I have to register through Pro7, simple as that.
  4. Seffrid Active Member

I too doubt we'll see an official cancellation announcement, but everyone knows that in practice the deal is dead in the water other than for the existing DCUO setup and the promotion of SOE's games in Germany. Nothing is happening elsewhere, no further transitions have been announced, the mass recruitment program announced at SOE Live by PSS1 probably related mainly to volunteer players, and PSS1 themselves have been totally silent for months outside of a limited CS service on DCUO. Most critically, everyone also knows that if the games do transition then no existing players will opt to move to PSS1 (except possibly a few German players although they are often the most vocal against PSS1 because they have had past dealings with them).

If I'm wrong, and the whole deal remains very much alive, then it is simply staggering that it can be swept under the carpet for so long with no public utterances of any kind since Smed's announcement that existing players didn't have to move if they didn't want to. Dexella and the CS team have worked hard over the problems with the PS2 launch in Europe but even that is still bugged as I mentioned earlier, and nothing else has happened at all. It's as bizarre a situation today as it was practically 12 months ago, and the deal really does need to be killed off once and for all and a clear announcement made to that effect.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Have to agree with this, although I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.
  6. Kanyl New Member

Yeah, I also agree! Nothing is clear and yet I am waiting for announcements, even if I play the game. I am from EU and not being able to have All Acess, is the biggest issue for me! SOE, do something or just cancel the deal! Sigh...
  7. Razgon New Member

This long without any kind of word? That deal is dead and done with, I'm sure. There really cant' be any other reason. Have any of you checked the DCUO forums at Prosieben? There's no activity whatsoever, which is a fine indication that the game died, while there is *some* stuff still happening in the US version.

edit: hah - new member?I've been here since what..2006? :-D
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"New member" refers to on these new forums, though I've been submitting to the old ones since...2009? At any rate, yeah, a lot of us are considered "new"; wonder what we have to do to shake that appellation. ;->

Unfortunately, no news /= good news; we didn't get any real news for months back when the deal was being "set in stone," "worked on," "looked at," etc., etc., etc., so while I hope everything is dying quietly (and I notice that NOW, SOE is finally advertising EQ2 here in the States), it's hard to know for sure. Would've been nice, back in the day, if they'd come back once a week (or even once a month) to tell us, "We can't tell you anything right now, since it's still being worked on legally, etc." That, I think, I would've understood. Still have to wonder how much money SONY saved/got out of the deal initially that got completely overshadowed by the far greater number of extremely angry EU customers (and US customers sympathizing with them) that not only cancelled their recurring, long-term, one-for-each-member-of-the-family accounts for SOE in general, but were refusing to buy anything that SONY made as a result of this. :-/

Heck, even if it was as a result of the privacy/security issues across international lines, it would've been nice to have been informed of that, or at least have it officially hinted at, even if they were forbidden from coming right out and saying it (not sure why that would be the case, but I'm not an international lawyer, either). :-/

Uwk
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

I haven't really been keeping up with this much anymore.
    I can't say that I am surprised that the DCUO pages and anything else for that matter. It didn't take much more to know that than just seeing the tripe that they were already offering.

I really don't care about any of it, but I am curious at to whether they removed the region blocking from their websites and forums or if the just continued to thumb their noses and saying that it would be that they had this huge wonderful website in the works (that clown reminded me of the kid in the book "Billy Brown Makes Something Grand" He was priceless, "Please, please go away and come back soon you'll understand...." blah blah blah PUKE

That guy had about as much business being in a customer relations capacity as I would.
    Seffrid and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Razgon New Member

11. Seffrid Active Member

It seems to me that the only changes that have come about as a result of the PSS1 deal - over some 13 months - are a messed-up DCUO transition, the inability of European players to get All Access subs, and the inability of Europeans at least in the UK to buy SOE gamecards in the shops.

If that's providing improved support for their European customers I'd hate to know what providing reduced support would entail!
  12. Ragna Well-Known Member

Probably because there's no migration left to do. Either you have already migrated prior to the latest (~6 month ago) change, new euro accounts can't migrate as they're PSS to begin with, DCUO was a relativly new game when the 1st transiton happended so you won't have that many returning "old" players and only a minority - if any - of them would prefer a PSS account vs SoE.
  13. Kulrah New Member

That doesn't really work: if you're in the EU and want to play DCUO then you HAVE to do so through P7S1. I didn't migrate my DCUO account to P7S1 but loading up the launcher causes it to stop and a great big "bugger off to P7S1" error dialog to appear. It will not let me play using my SOE account. And of course, I can't actually transfer my account because the game is stuck in limbo - SOE won't help cos I'm no longer apparently their customer, and P7S1 won't help because, well because they're inept tbh.

Likewise, I can only play PS2 via P7S1 - it won't allow me to add the game to my SOE account, despite that account predating the launch of PS2 and thus, according to what Smedley said, being able to choose to stay with SOE.

Now they're trying to ramp up the hype for EQN, I'm wondering if the same situation will occur. For me, and I'm guessing quite a lot of people, playing EQN would involve SOE or no-one. That's a total dealbreaker.

Can't help wondering how much damage this debacle has done to SOE's EU player base.
  14. Ragna Well-Known Member

Strange, I just installed DCUO and it works fine with my SOE account (yes, I choosed the EU server and I live in Switzerland) I didn't even have a choice to go with PSS (not that I wanted to ;) ), same with Wizardry Online which launched 30.1.13.
    It might be because my account is a "Station Pass".
  15. Seffrid Active Member

A huge amount, I imagine.

DCUO appears to be stuck in limbo as the account migration process has been suspended, for some 6 months I think, with no indication of when it will be re-opened, and although we are supposed to be able to play PS2 through SOE the account management page has reverted to the situation where the PS2 title contains text indicating that DCUO can only be played through PSS1 together with a link to DCUO - there's no actual reference to PS2 at all.

This is a complete mess and it clearly isn't only PSS1 who are proving completely inept over the handling of we European players. I share your concern over the future handling of EQNext which really will be the breaking point for my dealings with SOE if I have to sit on the sidelines unable even to try that game out.

I just don't understand why SOE cannot communicate with its customers and keep people informed of what is happening. Is the PSS1 deal still very much alive in which case how come they haven't sorted out the account migration process for DCUO yet and how come they haven't kept to their promise that PS2 would still be playable through SOE? If the deal is dead, and we all know that for all practical purposes it is, why can't they revert the account management page status entries to SOE? What is the current/proposed status of All Access for European players? It's wholly unacceptable that these outstanding issues are being ignored.
  16. Razgon New Member

I have a Station Pass as well, and can't play DCUO - I tried the migration thing, but it didn't work, so yeah... They have basically locked me out of their game - Nice going!

Its not like people didn't tell SOE that ProSieben were horribly incompetent...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but we hadn't heard hide nor hair of this deal (at least, not in the States) until it was "done" in Jan. 2012. I had my own concerns (would I have to madly scramble to get my poor Splitpaw gang transferred to a US server with the rest of my "kids" [alts]? how badly would it kill our guild, if some/a lot of its members were US like me? how much warning would I get? etc.), but as the months went by and not much in the way of answers, other than the very occasional official "pat 'em on the head, tell 'em everything will be okay, nothing they can do about it anyway," I saw more and more account holders (= paying customers) simply giving up and jumping ship, both EU and US in sympathy (as well as making vows to not buy anything SONY ever made after that, let alone SOE). Hopefully, if they want to return (not betting on it, from some of the comments I saw in the HUNDREDS of pages re: this on the old forums), their accounts will still be there and not Pss1'ed on. :-/

To be fair, I'm not sure how much, if any, choice in the matter anyone official from SOE had about the deal at all, since it was decided by the Powers That Be and not the likes of Alaplaya or SOE. :-/

Uwk
  18. Dexella Associate Producer

Hello everyone,

If you are unable to log in and play DCUO, or if you are having any other DCUO-specific issues, you will need to contact Customer Support directly.

I am reading this thread and gathering your questions and comments to pass on, but I have no new information to provide at this time.

Best,
    Dexella
  19. Buggabug Active Member

So I got an email, in German naturally o_O, telling me Prosieben was hacked. I'm not really bothered because it was a dummy account that I set up when this whole thing was announced. Trouble is this email contains a link to reset my password. Obviously I'm not a complete idiot, I don't click on links in emails. Anyone else had one come through?
  20. Lempo Well-Known Member

While I didn't get an email, I can confirm that they were indeed hacked lol.
    Despite all the warnings about their past security issues, all the red flags ah whats the use deal is done.
    Yes they were hacked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.