Updated ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

This thread is for continued feedback from the previous ProSiebenSat.1 threads on the old forums.

The previous thread on this topic can be found on the old forums here.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

When Smedley twitted about the change with Prosieben, he said:
    want to make sure I’m crystal clear – after we launch Planetside 2 – new EU accounts can only be created on Prosieben.

Question: could we get a confirmation (and an announcement) that we won't be able to create accounts with SoE from Europe after the 20th of November?

Other question that I never got an answer for: Prosieben is subcontracting to myTF1 in France ( http://www.tf1.fr/jeux/ ) in France. I tried posting on their support boards and got no answer (nobody posted in the last month there) so I'm coming back to you.
    If "we" (note: "we" means french players as a whole) create an account with MyTF1, will we be able to post on prosieben and SoE boards?
    Do we have to go through MyTF1 to play from France or can we create an account with Prosieben directly?
    Will we go through Prosieben or MyTF1 GMs and ticket managers for support?

It "seems" (didn't go to the end of the process) that we create prosieben accounts through MyTF1 but the whole interface on MyTF1 doesn't really point in that direction.
    So close to the "cut-off" date, any infos would be nice.
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

This is correct. After November 20th (Tuesday), new players who register will register based on their territory (either with SOE or ProSiebenSat.1 Games). If a player wants to register with SOE, they need to be a subscriber on or before Monday, November 19th.

If you create an account with MyTF1, you will be able to post on other boards. It is not necessary to go through MyTF1 to play. You should go through ProSieben GMs and ticket managers for support.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

It would probably be a good idea to sticky this thread again....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Will do, Mermut!

Also, an update/clarification: New accounts will be created via PSG only as games launch with PSG. So on 11/20, that will be PlanetSide 2. We do not have an EQ2 launch date yet. In the meantime, European players can still register with SOE. We will stop opening new SOE accounts for EQ2 once it launches with PSG.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ahh ! I assumed the message from twitter implied that all games were launched by prosieben at once as it was only for new players and there wasn't a real transition any more.
    Thanks for the fast answer Dexella, and for reopening the thread and reposting your answer here :) Much appreciated.

Will we still get a warning message?
  7. Pariel Active Member

so.. based on this

want to make sure I’m crystal clear – after we launch Planetside 2 – new EU accounts can only be created on Prosieben

and this

This is correct. After November 20th (Tuesday), new players who register will register based on their territory (either with SOE or ProSiebenSat.1 Games). If a player wants to register with SOE, they need to be a subscriber on or before Monday, November 19th.

Does this mean that only a player brand new to an SOE product will have to subscribe via PSG or does it include an existing SOE subscriber of EQ/EQ2 etc cannot add PSG to their account after the 20th?
  8. Caethre Active Member

(( I have one Station-All-Access account with SOE which I have held for 12+ years now, from which I play EQII, occasionally VGSOH, and historically EQ1. I understand I can now keep this, with SOE, indefinitely. Good!!

I also have one EQII-only account, with SOE, which I have held for maybe 8 or 9 years, I forget, but which was cancelled for a couple of years in the middle of this time. It has been active now the last few years.

I am now considering making the second account available to play VGSOH as well as EQII. The best way to do this is to convert it from a normal account to being a Station-All-Access account like my first account.

My question as a Euro-based player is this:

Will I be able to convert my second account to a Station-All-Access account as well, if I want to, and keep this with SOE, at some time in the future?

I do not want to go to PSS1.
    ))
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Another question: now that we don't transition to PSS1, will the ability to use games card be added back for EU accounts? Last I heard, even cards bought online from US stores can't be redeemed.
  10. Mysticalmaid Member

Do free accounts stay with SOE or go to Proseiben and does subscription or lack of affect whether we move, or is it generally all current SOE accounts can stay?
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

all current SoE account from what they said
  12. Tallisman New Member

I am currently a gold member with SOE. Have been for ages. My questions is, if I wish to remain as such, I do nothing, correct? I.e. my current subscription stays as-is?
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

yes, that's it.
  14. Seffrid Active Member

It doesn't appear to be possible to register for PS2 at the moment, the website is simply on a countdown timer with no access. The account page shows PS2 as inactive but doesn't give any option to activate it.

How is one supposed to register PS2 on a long-held Station Account on or before Monday? There doesn't seem to be a means to do so.
  15. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Check your Station Account at soe.com, PS2 may already be marked as "Active" (whatever that means).
  16. Seffrid Active Member

Thanks, but as I already said, the account page shows PS2 as inactive with no means of activating it.
  17. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Sorry, read it too fast.
    Odd, my main account has it listed as "Active" but not my second account?
    Wonder if I signed up for the Beta on my main or something?
  18. Siasri New Member

Well - LIARS I have to say.
    I just checked my accounts and NONE of them can use PS2 without signing up with Pro7. So much for that.

Just the account that was good for beta can ...
    All this sugarcoating ... was just to keep us "shhhhh" and calmed down for a while.

obviously it does not matter if you have an account with soe for many many years. if you had not been in ps2 beta you will have no chance to activate ps2 without going through pro7.

am i the only one who is sick of those lies?
  19. Siasri New Member

... wish i could delete own postings ...
  20. Seffrid Active Member

Please confirm how we were supposed to be able to register for PS2 on or before Monday, November 19th, given that the PS2 website was on a countdown timer with no access and the account management page showed PS2 as inactive with no means of activating it.

My account management page is now showing PS2 as available only through PSS1 (although it clumsily refers in the text to DCUO and not PS2), which means effectively that I shall never play PS2 as I have no intention of opening a PSS1 account.

Smed stated unequivocably that existing SOE customers could choose to stay with SOE for PS2 (and, according to Massively's interview with him, for all other games due to transition to PSS1 except DCUO although I still cannot get anyone to confirm that), and you stated unequivocably that we had until Monday, 19th November in which to do so. Fact is, we couldn't find a means of registering for PS2 by then if we weren't already flagged for the beta, so please sort this out and enable us to do what both you and Smed have told us unequivocably we would be able to do.
    Ridolain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.