Update Notes New PVP Gear

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by ripsawkiller, Nov 11, 2014.

1. ripsawkiller New Member

In update notes ALTAR OF MALICE it lists under features New PVP gear? is this true
  2. Darksanity Member

Never saw any pvp gear on test, not even last night, so if they are adding pvp gear it must be some secret or they cant decide when..
    Plus SOE needs to look at the Boxes that drop off Mobs in the BG and Nagafen Warzones, cause atm they stack and you don't have to open them.. And I know people have been farming those boxes for weeks on weeks with plans on not opening them till Xpac goes live, I know Jet and Predacane are among a few to name that have over 1000 boxes stock piled and waiting to open to get the new pvp tokens after. So SOE needs to look att hat before we have people exploiting a loophole to get an unfair advantage on others..
  3. Darksanity Member

Also last Xpac, the new pvp gear didn't show up in game for almost 6 months after Xpac went live. Maybe we will get it on day one this go around.
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

don't hold your breathe... they are referring to the new PvP adornments. Hopefully the live update actually has blue adornment slots on all the new PvE gear. This would be great and what I "think" they said they were doing. But checked beta last night an no blue slots. Otherwise we'll be stuck in our current PvP gear, which is trumped by heroic/quest gear pretty quick.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

:) but hc pvpers wanted seperation...changed your mind when every one left :) :) :) :)
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

Not exactly changing my mind here. I never argued the concept of PvP by means of PvE. That's what I remember as the highlight of EQ2 PvP past and would wish for it back. What I argued is SoE doesn't have the ability to manage it anymore. They can't manage procs effectively for PvP, then don't bother. They can't manage PvE gear effectively for PvP, then don't bother. Past few expansion packs, PvP is completely broke until they release the PvP gear to stabilize it. If they think they can, then do. I'll remain hopeful here today and we'll find out relatively quick what mess they made.

I'm optimistic in that they made the move to manage procs by server rule sets vs managing each individual effect. That was a clever move to adjust with their limited staff. I also like the gutting of toughness and lethality, but if they never tested any of this for PvP... it's gonna flop like Destiny of Velious did for over 1/2 a year. How any PvP survived that debacle is beyond me.

As always, I enjoy your shout outs.
  7. Balbasur Active Member

How is did that killing off lowbie bg's so you'd have higher targets? Oh wait...I just was another death blow to bgs. Was funny too, I remember the dev that said he wouldn't allow lower toons to farm higher tokens...now no one can farm bg tokens bc it's dead! :)

I really hope you don't get moved to AB, you should be moved to the lower population servers as punishment.
  8. Exur Well-Known Member

haha.. love it. No player suggested how the lowbie BGs were changed. That's just too moronic to be suggested by any sane player. A dev that doesn't PvP/BG makes much more sense.
  9. Balbasur Active Member

:) too late hope all the players that tried to gain an advantage via the mods don't get merged with AB!
  10. Tippysaurus Active Member

#udefmadbro no reputable PvPer asked for gear seperation. People asked SoE to fix broken procs and make PVP gear's stats comparable to raid gear.

SoE took this ball and ran with the old disable all procs on everything and add PVP only stats yet again. Remember PVP Crit Mitigation? Didn't work then so lets try it again... PVP in this game is dead and there is no way to repair the damage caused.
  11. Tippysaurus Active Member

Playing on Nagafen only restricts your play to 1% of what the game has to offer.

Nagafen is like going to Disneyland and being told you can only ride the teacups over and over again.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  12. Vixes Member

tippy are you not coming to play with the xpac or are you leaving the server?
  13. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle is the way to go imho.