UPDATE: Custom UI Timeline

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Gero, you can rest easy. The custom UIs are, thankfully, back in all their glory.
  2. Zartayn Member

Tbh I think the lag issue is too old/little hardware or network for the amount of players. Played on two servers during last 6 months, and there was a huge difference based on what time of day Im playing, and not the same on EU and US servers...
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand, but I have had a rough week. Some bits on my car needs work, so I made have to delay all access until later next month. Could use up all of my spending money.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Went all access on one of my newer accounts.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Don't you just hate that? I really hear you.

I bought a new car recently to get away from all the breaking down and repairs and such, and guess what happened? I was driving down the highway a few weeks ago in rush hour traffic, when a big black metal cyllinder literally came flying at my windshield at 65mph! A pickup truck with an open bed was a few cars ahead of me in my lane; it must have bounced out of there. There was nowhere to swerve; all around me were wall to wall cars. Luckily, the giant cyllinder slammed down onto my hood right near the windshield instead of through it (driver's side, of course) then immediately bounced right up and over my roof.

I pity the poor guy right behind me, but what could I do? I had to hand a body shop $400 to take out the dent and repaint the hood of my new car that I'm still making major payments on. And my insurance deductible is $500 anyway, so it isn't even worth reporting. If you make any sort of claim on your insurance here in MA, your insurance cost doubles for 6 years. Car insurance is like the modern day mafia.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pay and they increase my payments when I make a claim. I asked my insurance agent why don't they find an investment with a better return so my payments don't do up for them to recoup their loss ?

He shrugged his shoulders and said something like he didn't know what his corporate office did.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I guess I should be glad they don't require insurance to use a wheelchair.....yet.:rolleyes:
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We have Crafting and Broker windows in the default UI; they work well enough for me. ;->

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, it's because I'm firmly convinced that crafters are hated until we hit like 20th level. :-/

Uwk
    who really misses Domino... :-/
    Rhodris, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not so much here in California, but even though it's required by law to have it, they know we'd pitch all sorts of unholy fits (up to and including lawsuits) if they tried crap like that. So far as I know, the insurance my family's with doesn't do that kind of nonsense.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Health insurance is required in California; they ding you quite badly on your taxes if you don't have it. On the other hand, if someone's like homeless and needs treatment, they're not paying taxes anyway, so...

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed, yes! :D

Uwk
    appreciating the return of the True Default Blue :D
    Rhodris, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Louly Well-Known Member

So since Darqui is not there does this mean I have to reintall it? In the load ui settings there is profitUI but no Darqui. It's in my folder and I updated it but still doesn't show up in game.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Test Taffies Active Member

I had to reinstall mine because I had actually done a /loadui to get used to the default again like I use on test and wanted everything pre-set for when we did not have our favorite uis. So yes, simply re-install and it should work.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Blaupunkt Active Member

DarqUI was still laggy and jerky for me, not very enjoyable, I have reinstalled ProfitUI not used for many many years, runs fine, but then I had no issues running the default one either, no crashes, no lag.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I use a base of ProfitCE, with pieces of DarqUI... I have been using Profit for lo these many years, so that works best for me.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Blaupunkt Active Member

So how do you add things from DarqUI to Profit? there are 1 or 2 things I would like that Profit doesn't seem to have?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Xevran Well-Known Member

Just because something is functional doesn't mean it can't be improved.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Download the DarqUI installer. It allows you to select what is downloaded. I download the Darq pieces into their own folder, then copy the files to my Profit folder manually so I have the most control over it. In the Profit updater, you have to set it so that Profit does NOT overwrite the Darq pieces.

In your Profit folder, there is a file called eq2ui_custom.xml -- mine looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
    <include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
    <include>darqui_custom_harvesting.xml</include>
    <include>darqui_custom_extplayer.xml</include>
    <include>darqui_custom_gearbuff.xml</include>
    <include>_ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST.xml</include>
    </Page>
    <Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
    <include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
    </Namespace>

DarqUI also puts some of its files in the POI directory, so you need to make sure those get copied to the POI directory in your Profit directory. These files usually hold your options settings and stuff like that.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Blaupunkt Active Member

Thanks, i'll take a look.
    Cyrrena likes this.