Upcoming Mystic AA Revamp

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Banditman, Jul 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

you might not be completely wrong in that regard, but ultimately, when i'm running pugs and demolishing things cuz of the OP stats you want, i'm the one they are going to cry about on these forums and in /feedback until they nerf us. it's not a far-away concept from something like avatar gear. ppl will see it in action, and be like ZOMG OP NERF NERF NO FAIR
  2. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

Banditman wrote:

Picking one thing to grip about:
    I really wanted to like this aa when it came out...i tried so hard...Its got too many problems.
    1) pretty sure it proc as an aoe orginating from the pet...who is often no wear near the group i'm healing...think Mystic in mage group. (mages in back, we're in front) So often people are outta range...suspect its 20M range from pet....
    2) proc rate is just a really bad mechanic for curing. Typically when mobs aoe it has to be cured NOW, not later, not 3 seconds, NOW. Varies from encounter to encounter but typically you cant afford to wait for a "proc" that may never happen.

I much rather see this changed into an effect that lasts say 10 seconds carries one charge and "auto cures" the next effect.
  3. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

yes, which has been brought up numerous times. and insta-cure proc will always suck. if u made it like the MMB proc tho and gave the proc 5s until termination when it would execute the cure, you'd have an actual window to acquire a det before it comes off. in this case, it would begin to become slightly useful; even still i'd never use it.
  4. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

Banditman wrote:
    No ur talking about things you would like to see...and haven't paid enough attention to what you have to realize how well off we really are....

You talk of group cures and mystics being the only class with only one.. but you wrong... you talk of wanting more incombat run speed for sow aa (that no one uses or ever would use).. You ask for shield requirements to be taken away for multi-attack to work.. but its been that way for a while now.. and a few other crazy things... I beleive just to make Spirit Dance a blue aoe rez would thrill 90% of mystics out there :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

You're wrong, I realize full and well how much better we are than we have been before. I have seen all of the ebb and flow of the class since day 1.
    I am trying to put ideas out there that will maintain the current status of the class instead of waiting until it is grossly obvious that things are broken before trying to advocate for changes.
    It's not up to me, you or anyone here to decide what gets implimented. I would prefer to have many ideas to present and let the developers pick and choose among them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Purcupile Guest

I don't understand the attitudes of Gahnand and Knine...if you want to attempt to add constructive comments or suggestions of your own to the thread please do so. If on the other hand your purpose is to bash Banditman regardless of what he says then create your own thread. So you have difference of opinions with Banditman about the subject...that is why there is chocolate and vanilla...everyone can pick their favorite flavor. Grow up, be civil, and add to the discussion or son't respond. You two make me long for an ignore option so that I don't have to take time skipping by your adolescent playgorund arguments.
  7. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Purcupile wrote:
    posts like this are no better than the ones you criticize. if you want to be the "better" person, then keep your judgements to yourself!
  8. ARCHIVED-Ratman12345 Guest

Purcupile wrote:
    but i like strawberry milk......
    but what your saying is, if i don't agree with bandit to not post in the thread cause it doesn't add to the discussion?
    understand that a discussion will have people on the other side chiming in to address their views and points, if you want an ignore button to not see the other side of a discussion then just don't ever post, kthxbye.
    Spirit Dance needs a rework, most can agree on that.
    I do feel the Pet Buff to our Offence Stance could use some love, maybe turn it into Multi Attack?? just dont feel like the crit is doing anything anymore. Would like to hear what everyone thinks on that.
  9. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

Purcupile wrote:
    No i did comment on many of his said wishes.. Just some of them would greatly over power us as is.. I touched on the fact he wanted them to remove the requirement of a shield for multi-attack in sta line.. its been gone forever... he wanted aura of purity to be a grp cure.. it is already... he wants flurry added to pets.. have you checked parses on flames for mystics.. some are high end guilds in tons of raid gear.. but I can tell you im not in HM raid gear.. and still parse 40k plus depending on encounters and heals isn't a problem... I did say SD needed revamped.. all were constructive comments. How about maybe fixing crit bonus affecting wards and what not..All that stuff has been touched on before. The only one that wasn't constructive was the one I reposted of him saying the below... of which he stated we're wrong and don't appreciate the balance of the game at anything less than absolute pinancle.. I would say first understand what you do have before you comment on what is wrong or you would like to see changed honestly.. maybe you need to fully read things before you made adolescent comments /shrug.
    Banditman wrote:
  10. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I m laughing hard .....

I have mystic/warden and paladin and the mystic is not in need of anything. The class is almost perfect as it is.
    Mystic mean :
    Very high spike damage prevention (highest after defiler)
    No real mana issue (with good gear myt clicky is probably up each 5-6mn)
    Good dps buf.
    Sufficient group heal (with 100% spell haste, red transendance adorn, ancestral channeling).
    Probably the best priest rezzer (enormous range, very fast) --- Are you serious when you ask aa to remove rez sickness ? this is the dirge job ---
    Good debufs.
    With a second group cure the class would become really much overpowered -- since it is already the case --

Note that mystic OP is coming from simple mecanics : spell haste, spell reuse.

Personnaly the only revamp i would love to see would be :
    -- Cure tree, get rid of it or change it, wasting 20 aas just to get immunity is wrong.
    -- CA : adjust damage and recast.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    You do realize that casting speed and reuse speed are percentage based stats, right?
  12. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

spending 20 points for immunities makes perfect sense. and our rezzes suck UNLESS you spec that tree, which won't be a problem in GU61 taking the better abilities and still saying NO to dumb spirit dance.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Gahnand@Unrest wrote:
    agreed