Upcoming Mystic AA Revamp

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Banditman, Jul 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Here are some suggestions for things that need to be looked at when the Mystic AA revamp for GU61 is done. The information I am seeing from Fan Faire is that one of the primary goals of this revamp is to address those AA's that are deemed "less desireable" in the course of overall gameplay.

From a Mystic (and Shaman) perspective, here are some of the things I'd like to see reviewed and revamped:

Shaman Tree, Stamina Line, Block Harm. Remove the shield requirement for the MA portion.

Shaman Tree, Stamina Line, Herbal Expertise. Adds a HEAL to single target cure. Each rank increases the size of the heal. I am being very specific about the fact that this should be a HEAL. Wards we have. Ways to replace HP are a struggle for us.

Shaman Tree, Aura of Purity. Shaman are the ONLY class who do not get a second Group Cure. This is a sometimes crippling problem. Increase the proc rate on this and make it proc a GROUP cure instead of individual. That would rock. Thanks.

Shaman Tree, Witchdoctor's Herbal Recipe. Have this AA add a HEAL to our existing group cure. More AA's = bigger heal. Once again, specifically, this is a request for a HEAL.

Shaman Tree, Rabid Hostility. Each rank adds 1% Spell Double Attack. Thanks.

Mystic Tree, Resurrection Haste. Rename Resurrection Recovery. Adds a power over time to all resurrection spells.

Mystic Tree, Resurrection Cycles. Rename Resurrection Revitalization. 1 rank, 5 points. Removes rez effects from all resurrection spells.

Mystic Tree, Enhance Spirit of the Wolf. Change this to include 4% per rank in combat movement speed.

Mystic Tree, Enhance Lunar Attendant. Change this to 1 rank, 5 points. Make Lunar Attendant Immune to AE effects. I am not sure that will do it honestly, but I would at least try it a few times to see if it helps.

Mystic Tree, Enhance Cure (I, II, III). These should work on ANY cure. Currently they only apply to our single target cure, making them completely useless. Change each of these to work with any of our cures and you have a winner here.

Mystic Tree, Enhance Ebbing Spirit. Adds a single trigger reactive cure to each group member regardless of whether anything is cured or not, lasts for 10 seconds. The next effect that hits them is instantly cured.

Mystic Tree, Enhance Ancestral Balm. Each rank increases the duration of the immunity effect by 2 seconds.

Shadows Tree, Spiritual Storm. This needs to apply fully to Glacial Strike. Currently only the DoT portion is affected. Consider adding 2% per rank chance for the ability (spell or CA) to double attack.

Shadows Tree, Ancient Pedigree. Perhaps consider adding Accuracy for the pet here. His hit rate can be pretty abysmal at times.

Shadows Tree, Prophetic Ailment. This ability also needs to apply fully to all Combat Arts. Currently it only applies partially.

Shadows Tree, Spirit of the Ancients. Add 1 stoneskin trigger per rank to the Ancestral Sentry. I might even put it back on my hotbar.

Shadows Tree, Ravenous Protector. Add 10% Flurry to this please. The shared stats for pets have made a good portion of this ability pointless.
  2. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Make spirit dance a blue aoe rez.. that would be awesome...

ROA castable on ourselves..with an immunity so its not overpowred...

/shrug who knows what we will see honestly..was really thrilled with heroic lines.. so its just another way of them messing with stuff for us to relearn or respec what we're used to
  3. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

JESUS BANDIT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL U.

you can't make a crazy laundry list like this. do u really think they are going to make all those changes for us? COME ON MAN. Pick a few that are most important. There is only ONE AA that is truly out of date and that is spirit dance

Spirit Dance: Cast time needs to be cut in half

or

Spirit Dance: Blue AE Rez, no target necessary.

THAT IS ALL STOP BEING GREEDY I HATE IT WHEN U GUYS DO THIS.
    edit*
    and after reading what you wrote in that wall of wishes, all i can say is wow man. how about they just make a single button that makes mobs fall over for you? THIS SRSLY MAKES ME EMBARRASSED.
  4. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

I merely commented on his post lol.. i don't care if any of it happens really..

spirit dance blue aoe or cast time would be great but u know as well as I do .. they won't change that either lol.. nothing to really hope for.. they will do what they want
  5. ARCHIVED-Ratman12345 Guest

Yeah spirit dance needs some love, and only 1 thing i like that bandit suggested and thats 10% flurry but that still feels to high, and also i super highly doubt SoE would even consider it lol so i like to keep it in my back pocket to give myself false hope :p
    shorten the list either way, lot more important crap we can get changed or reworked than the dang sta line tbh.....
  6. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I certainly don't expect them to do the whole list, what I want to do is point out the weaknesses in the AA's and give some suggestions as to where certain abilities should be pushed. If you don't like it, write your own.
    My goal is to draw attention to things that are undesireable. That was what they stated they wanted to address.
    10% Flurry seems a little high until you realize that Inquisitors get 20% . . .
    Yes, I ask for a lot, realizing that it's unrealistic to expect everything to be addressed. Frankly, I'd be very surprised if any Dev even saw the post. However, if they do, I want to get as many bugs in their ear as possible, instead of wasting the opportunity.
  7. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

these aren't bugs, and considering we are lol-stomping all over every other healer this xpac, I just think that you should focus on things that are actually broken and/or outdated. The only other thing you put on there that makes any kind of sense is the lunar attendant upgrade. acenstral sentry really isn't all that terrible, it's just not a use it every time it's up ability. the dps wishlist is kind of silly since like i said, we dominate by not just a little but by a lot.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I'm on the Spirit Dance Bandwagon.
    Turn it into an in-combat Supplication of the Fallen and be done with it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brizlor Guest

2 things
    Spirit dance, turn into self target (like our ancestral challening), even if ill never spec into it. Rather spec into stuff that allow me to keep people alive then have better rezzes when I fail to keep them alive :p
    Make immunization able to cast when your affected by those effect, with higher recast if needed for balancing.
  10. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Brizlor wrote:
    You should reconsider this mentality. Spirit Dance would be amazing if you could land it, and recovery will save your raid HOURS of time in the long run as opposed to having to take a wipe because a random coop-strike hit or ppl failed to joust an ae far enough. People are going to die if you are actually trying to progress. That's a fact. The rest of the tree is actually quite decent w/ exception to cast speed increase. It's just spirit dance needs to be usable.
  11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

If you are "lol-stomping" on Inquisitors, you need better Inquisitors. The only thing we have over Inquisitors is a much stronger ability to heal a tank.
    Sometimes when you get so far up the mountain it becomes hard to see what life is like at the bottom. It may look rosy from 10k feet up, but distance can hide a lot of unpleasantness.
  12. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

i play w/ some of the best inq's ww. if you aren't lol-stomping them, then you need to push buttons harder.
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

If you say so, but I assure you that what you see is not what the majority are seeing. As I said, sometimes it's hard to see the scope of things when you are too far toward one extreme.
  14. ARCHIVED-Blumfield Guest

The three biggest things:
    1) Make Spirit Dance either a)a blue AE centered on the mystic, b) completable even if target is successfuly rezzed before the spell completes, or c)make its cast time significantly shorter, with a long recast.
    2) Give the lunar pet something, anything, that might make someone cast it at some point for some reason. Illies got their construct pet replaced by theorems; something like this would be perfect, though it needn't be as drastic an improvement to our class as theorems was to the illusionist.
    3) Rework the cure line. Even if the ward or dmg proc was slightly larger, that might be enough, because the end ability is great. Other than the cure curse cast speed improvement, a lot of the abilities here are of negligible value.
  15. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

not being able to maximize what we have is what causes us to get nerfed. it may be easier to ask for more, but every once in a while people should listen rather than stubbornly standing by bad AA specs and poor techniques. If they buff us too much by greedy requests, then we will undoubtedly be nerfed. I'm kind of surprised we haven't taken a beating already tbh...
  16. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Inquisitors are stupidly simple to play basically, but if one class is going to be more simple than another, they need to balance more for max potential than average effectiveness.
    EDIT: It's kinda like how Brawlers have completely ridiculous survivability right now, but since you have to actually press a lot of buttons correctly to achieve maximum survivability, not everyone sees it.
  17. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    this is, essentially, my point. u can't make the class so ez mode that ppl who actually listen and put an effort towards maximizing the class become OP.
  18. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

When is the last time an entire class was nerfed? An entire class. Serious question.
    I remember the Crusader heal nerf. Zerkers too. It wasn't really that big a deal in most situations, ie groups and raids. It definitely made an impact in solo and PvP play. Other than that . . . what? I think Dirges are probably going to get their Myth adjusted at some point.
    The more common occurance, by far, is classes that don't make enough noise to get addressed. Coercers for a long time. Troubadors . . . STILL.
    I'm not going to wait for this class to be so far out of whack that no one wants to play it.
  19. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

you answered your own serious question. crusader heal nerf was a year ago. but hey yeah, let's keep adding win buttons to this class i'm sure no one will notice. i hope no one plays it. it makes the ppl who know how distinguishable from the people who can't even mash buttons that you'd like to protect. bandit: hero of the bads.
  20. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I'm no one's hero. I'm advocating for changes you don't agree with, and you're entitled to your opinion. I believe you're wrong on many counts and are unable to fully appreciate the balance of the game at anything less than the absolute pinnacle.