Upcoming expansion. . . . upgrades.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Well, Im gonna be up front and say that with so little time remaining between release and now that things probably are already mostly planned out. However, this is also a good time to bring up the long discussed topics of dumbfire pet immunity.
    Another boost that would be appreciated is our necro snare, dooming darkness? It has been lvl 52? for years now and frankly is gawd-awful. I would appreciate an upgraded version please.
    Lastly, I hope that we are getting some new pets in here.
    Anything else that people are hoping for?
  2. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Here is my 2 cents:
    Dumbfire Pets... are too dumb to discuss haha. I would prefer removing them for more damage spells, or maybe temp pet buffs akin to what Conjurors get. Can you imagine Necros with Blazing Avatar? Elemental Blast? Total destruction. Dumbfire pets imo have just been broken for far too long to even waste hotbar space on or discussion. I would rather them just remove them altogether... from ALL classes.
    Dooming Darkness is level 21 btw. But it is awful. Another spell I just want to see removed and replaced. But tbh I dont use any of our roots/snares. Just seems pointless with this class. By time I waste time snaring a mob, that mob is dead by using disease spells.
    I have heard that SOE is looking at new pet skins for Summoners' next level pets, but guesses are in the air. I myself am satisfied with the Death Knight and Lich skins. One thing I would like is for Summoners to get the ability to set a pet's "appearance" with a different skin, ie using one of the lesser versions skins at max level.
    Another feature I would like to see one day is the ability to equip our pets kinda like you can in Vanguard. But I really like how Vanguard designed their classes and view all their class designs to be superior to the EQ2 cousins. Since SOE owns both now, I wouldnt mind seeing some implementation of Vanguard features into EQ2, such as equipping minions or creating your own Bard songs (drool).

Remove Dumbfire pets. Improve Undead Horde as it does have some use and has a Necromantic feel. Replace the other Dumbfires with temp pet buffs or more disease spells.
    Remove snare from Dooming Darkness and increase its DOT. The DOT itself isnt even worth having it on the hotbar.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Just a note about Dooming Darkness (lvl 51 btw ;) ), this spell was designed for PvP and wasn't upgraded because they deemed the snare % to be high enough for PvP purpose. The Master doesn't even drop on PvE servers (not much a problem now that we have RA) while a NPC will give it to you in exchange for "goody" Masters on PvP servers.