Upcoming changes to the KoS AA tree sounds interesting!!!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Conjourer, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

FightGame wrote:
    For a normal riposte, you have to already have successfully parried. This isn't a normal riposte, and isn't a modification to your base parry. It's as if you're given a new uncontested avoidance check. It will riposte on average, no matter the level or skill of the mob, the listed % rate.

Now, if the riposte gained is larger than the block lost, then there is no nerf and in fact was a boost. Block isn't checked against the mob's skills (which makes it uncontested), but there is still a level check. There doesn't appear to even be a level check with the fixed rate parry/riposte.
  2. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

[p]hmm.[/p][p] so basically they're taking away some of the offensive ability in the line (-16% double attack), and made it more defensive (+ more reposte, which is another uncontested type of avoidance).[/p][p] [/p][p]Looks like they made the stamina line even better then.[/p][p] [/p][p]So to help with tanking against higher level, and heroic/epic mobs, it seems to me that:[/p][p]Buckler (~11% block) + 8% reposte AA[/p][p]would be greater than[/p][p]Tower shield (~21%block)[/p][p] [/p][p]Now I understand 11+8 is less than 21, but having the two seperate checks would be much better. Also, the 1% block adornment and 2% reposte adornment could be added to either option, with the buckler still winning. Tell me that something is wrong here and that we aren't always better off tanking with the tiny *** shield. lol. I like using the buckler for the dps, but never knew that it is also the best defensively (or will be)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

I don't have a problem with the changes they made to our AAs really, the agility line changes are nice and makes that line fairly tempting and I like the riposte vs. block change because not only is it an increased chance over the block chance, but when you riposte you attack back as well, thus increasing DPS/Aggro. They do need to do something for the wisdom line right now as that is by far our weakest line. So they AA changes are not a huge deal IMO and some are very nice. I wouldn't have a problem with these changes at all..... if that was all they were doing, but when you combine it with the hate transfer/reducer nerf it's a big deal. They really need to do one or the other or neither. Doing both will make alot of people need to completely need to relearn how to play their class. I really dread the first raid after these changes... aggro is going to be all over the place.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

[p]What I want to know is if some braniac decided to up dual wield to the dmg ratings of one handers... why hasn't that same braniac looked at the simply HORRIBLE dmg ratings of 2 handers in comparison.[/p][p]I mean if everyone is running around with 75+ dmg weaps in main hand and maybe if offhand... I don't want to be running around with a 90 dmg rating between 2 hands.[/p][p]With the also intended nerf to procs firing only off the first attack of a double attack swing.,.. and the cyclone only firing off the primary weap... 2 hander would be the way to go for DPS I would think when farming greens. a combo of STR, AGI, and WIS. But since all 2 handers suck... well... that right there kills the whole thing.[/p][p]I understand the intention of the dual wield to 1 handed switch over... ever since rogues figured out they could do great DPS in shield and 1 hander mode our ability to get decent 1 handers as tanks has slowly been moving into the toilet.... just too many weap types. But that doesn't fix the problem with 2 handers and it simply can't be over looked... just because we aren't complaining much about it because we all have 1 handers to fall back on doesn't mean they haven't designed combat around a very dumb mechanic that makes 2 handers sub-par to 1 handers in most cases.[/p][p]If you can get a 1 hander with a dmg delay of like 87... and you can wield 2 of them... i want to see 2 handers with like 140-150 dmg ratings with huge crit ranges.[/p][p]I 3 box... I have a zerker, fury, and troub... all end game... (100,100, and 97 for the AA's all lvl 70) and I can tell you fury and troub didn't do bad at all on KoS AA revamp.. just zerker.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

[p]reckon with the new nerfs to the agro transfers etc the str lines 10% more hate will be needed?[/p][p]i ask this because i'm currently 4-4-8-8 str and 4-5-8-8 sta, but was thinking of swapping 5 points to int line, but since the sword being taken out i dont have to go find a new sword weapon, and thus can get the 4sec del dirk, or another super slow weapon. [/p][p]ohh lordy the relearning and playing about we'll have to do to replay our classes.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

[p]Won't this be the best 1H weapon for crits?[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

it's not because the max dmg is higher that it will have a better critical rating. You need to keep in mind that you need to consider both max dmg and weapon delay.
  8. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

well the dirk, axe of natural ordr and that hammer all have long delays of 4 to 4.9, so surely those 3 would hit like an ogre wife on her cheating gnome husband?
  9. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

Darkhain@Venekor wrote:
    Critical dmg is ONLY based on the max hit, nothing else.
  10. ARCHIVED--Mummel- Guest

the point is that if you have a weapon with like 1 more delay and only a lil more max dmg it won't be better as you will get more crit hits with the low delay weapon which are nearly the same as the one from the high delay one
  11. ARCHIVED-Alaward Guest

Does anyone else think its crap that inquisitor's will get 32% dbl attack +24% from yaulp and roughly 80% crit chance? Not only that, they can use 2-handers (staff of the flapping wing for example) for their double attack. We just got trumped fellas.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

If an INQ doesn't need to be healing, he might as well be DPSing, but you have to account for his spellcasting DPS realtive to melee. I have no idea about that, but it would seem if a caster specs AA for melee he is gimping himself.
  13. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

OK, than according to you : a weapon which do 3000 crit damage with 8 weapon delay, is better than a weapon that do 2300 with 3 weapon delay.
  14. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Amuga@Unrest wrote:
    well it used to be 100% crit chance and +40% dps with 24% DA from Yaulp... so i'd say the inqus got some tune :D ++Xan
  15. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Nitz@Permafrost wrote:
    eheh... i just wish that devs would think that way also ;) (have a melee warden too...) ++Xan
  16. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Darkhain@Venekor wrote:
    no, according to him, the critical DMG is ONLY based on the max hit, nothing else. And he is right btw, the critical hit dmg is ONLY based on the max hit, since its always weaponMAXDMG+1 or hit*1.3 (which one is higher, minimun of weaponMAXDMG+1) the weapon which does 3000 crit dmg with 8s delay does MORE crit dmg than with the weapon which does 2300 with 3s delay. However, of course the 3s delay weapon is better since it is faster. But this has nothing to do with the crit dmg :D Have to say that i understan what Darkhain is pointing out, but still wanted to "correct" him... eheh, sry :p ++Xan
  17. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

the change to stamina is horrible. berserker are even less viable main tank for raid. the stam line was what gave us the edge. now it will do nothing for us the loss in block is too much. the agi line is good but any guard was already rolling with this and the change will give them even more AOE hate generation that we had an edge on. if we want to tank we ll have to drop our buckler that made us a viable choice as main tank in order to be a gimped version of guard without the aggro/spikedmg/utility tool they have. way to go soe.
  18. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

[p]I retired as Enrage aka Sakatai last night. Screw SOE. There is no viable reason to use a Zerker over a Guardian, fact.[/p][p]Its been good knowing you all, and I hope I helped out some of you, the PM's were always funny.[/p][p] [/p][p]Skel & Kemt, keep chugging at it guys, but one of our little trio is gone /waves goodbye.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

Sakatai@Nagafen wrote:
    Weakers are always the first that flee the battle and crying for nerf even without testing it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

[p]Oh I tested it. Hence why im playing a Wizzy now, like it or not... when you L2P, you will realise Zerkers are sub-par tanks compared to a Guardian.[/p][p]Deal with it.[/p]