Upcoming changes to the KoS AA tree sounds interesting!!!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Conjourer, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Conjourer Guest

[p]GU36 contains a significant update to many Class Tree achievements, aimed at removing most of the equipment restrictions on achievement abilities, improving their usability with pets, and balancing out desireability between the different branches of the Class Trees. Weapon specific requirements were originally meant to diversify the kinds of weapons that players would want to use and identify a character with a particular achievement branch. Popular achievement branches reinforced certain weapon types, for example, it greatly lowered the desirability of axes versus swords for a particular class if the swords branch was more powerful. This introduced new problems with desirability of loot and quest rewards. We've removed most of those requirements, reserving them only for the few branches that require shields and ranged weapons. Pet Achievements were tedious to use; their buffs almost always required recasting them every time the pet zoned. The EoF achievements added new functionality for achievement buffs to be applied permanently on the pet that was not available in KoS. This has now been added to all KoS Class achievements that permanently buff a pet type. We've analyzed the achievement spending patterns of each class to determine which branches are the most popular and which ones are greatly underutilized. A large part of this update to class achievements has been to increase the power of the least desired achievements. The few cases where an achievement received a reduction were made to balance out a penalizing equipment requirement that was removed as part of the update. The test release notes will contain a list of all the changes made to class achievements. Feedback is welcome.[/p][p]Original post found here ---> http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=366382[/p][p]So I'm guessing we will be able to get Accel Strike with an axe or hammer, after this update...would be a very interesting addition to be certain...would make PAoD and other non swords much much more desireable...[/p][p] [/p][p]Terrorizor[/p][p]Berserker of Nagafen[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

[p]or brimstone hammer and haste.[/p][p] [/p][p]wonder how Soe will work this out, hope there isnt some nerf hidden in there.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

yeah this change will make brimstone the best weapon hands down if you can use accel strike with it. Altho im guessing that accel stike will be nerfed down to maybe half its current haste.
  4. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    [p]hehe[/p][p] no matter what they do, this will still happen... there will always be the BEST setup for everything. [/p][p]Of course "forcing" to use a buckler is not so nice... hopefully that is "fixed" [/p][p] ++Xan [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Binkle Guest

"We've removed most of those requirements, reserving them only for the few branches that require shields and ranged weapons." Sounds like the stamina line will still require the shield to me. I'm guessing this will affect Belly Strike, Accel Strike, Executioner's Strike and Dragoon Spin. I wonder if the double attack from STA line will get hit with a nerf and the WIS line gets a boost.
  6. ARCHIVED-sfarugger Guest

[p]I saw this Grim Brimstone Hammer information, however, what would would a great weapon to use for casual end game players? ie. someone who does have access to end game raids?[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Squirrelycc Guest

It'd be cool if they extended the buckler requirement to have 76% double attack to other shields as well, but instead of having a kite shield with 76% maybe have the double attack percentage decreased. Just a thought. That would enable us to mess around with a variety of shields and maybe allow us to dps a bit more when we are tanking without a buckler. What do you think?
  8. ARCHIVED-Conjourer Guest

[p]What do I think? Well I think that all the people that believe using a buckler with the right AA choices in the Stamina line is somehow "gimped" or needs improving on should get their heads examined tbh, imo, fact...[/p][p]I have a legendary buckler and a fabled tower shield, when I switch from the legendary buckler to the fabled tower I gain 8.8% block and about 4% total avoidance....I don't even have the best buckler in the game, if I did the margin would be even slimmer... Why fix something that isn't broken? Buckler with full Stamina line is great, and doesn't need anyone messing with it...Giving me the ability to get Accel Strike for weapons like axe of the bloodbeast, shadowaxe, or even Brimstone hammer is a great change and I support it...don't ask for them to monkey with Stamina line please...if anything ask for more fabled bucklers to be added...[/p][p] [/p][p]Thats what I think...[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Squirrelycc Guest

Well, I have to agree that the STA line is great... but my suggestion was just to add to it. Maybe add other shields to the mix that way they remedy the issue they highlighted of people leaning towards certain items over others. Thats all I was suggesting.
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

If they took away the shield requirement it would: a. be crazy overpowered. At the moment a max sta line config is about 2% less overall avoidance then just using a tower for me. If i were able to use a tower with it my avoidance and block would go thru the roof. b. would force EVERYONE to use the sta line. At the moment some tanks have a reason not to using it if they want to be "max avoidance" spec'd. This patch is ment to give you other AA options not highlight the more popular one even more.
  11. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

I don't see why everyone thinks a Buckler should be used like a shield. They are not the same type of combat instruments. Even since the Renaissance days, there has been specific battle tactics for Buckler usage. It's not a shield and therefore shouldn't be classified or spec'd as one. At any rate, it will be interesting to see how the changes are implemented.
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

But you forget, this is everquest not RL and has nothing to do with RL history, mechanics, or techniques. Otherwise zerkers would be running around in leather with round shields.
  13. ARCHIVED-AnAnimatedcorpse Guest

[p]I don't think the stamina line should be nerfed at all, I just wish and hope that they will make the other lines more viable as a berserker, because as of right now if you want maximum dps potential (tanking or not) you have to go STA line. If you want to be a premium tank you have to go STA.. just not leaving us with a whole lot of options at the moment.[/p][p]Yes, there will always be a line that is "the best" for certain situations, butI don't think that there should be one all-encompassing "best line"[/p][p]Just my two cents...[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Yes I understand this isn't RL, and I also understand that SoE can create anything they wish to create in 'their own' fantasy world here in EQ2. I was just making a point. I don't think a Buckler should be in the same config as a Tower shield. And like you said before, it would just be too overpowering. Just an opinion. Besides, if they are going to take certain aspects of certain classes from RL... why not all? ya ya.. I know.. its a game. Just an opinion.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

This is going to be really interesting. I will likely send my FAQ off to pasture when this happens. Whether or not I write a new one depends on how clever the system is, and also whether or not EQ2 manages to keep my interest over the next few months, or when RoK comes out.
  16. ARCHIVED-Blayde01 Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Tyndaleon Guest

Yep, max double attack has been decreased to 60% total rather than 76%. Glad Revenge changed from 1% block/riposte to 2% riposte per rank, no more block. On a positive note, Dragoon's Cyclone maxed increases from 24% to 40% chance of AoE autoattack, Executioner's Fury adds a 15% taunt increase. AGI end ability enhanced a bit as well. Here's the total rundown: [p]Warrior [/p][ul][li]Strength 5 - Executioner's Fury: Also increases Taunting by 15%.[/li][li]Agility 3 - Dragoon's Cyclone: Increased area autoattack chance from 3% to 5% per rank.[/li][li]Agility 5 - Dragoon's Reflexes: Improved reuse speed from 10 minutes to 3 minutes, and also grants temporary non-direct area effect avoidance.[/li][li]Stamina 3 - Gladiator's Finesse: First rank begins with a 25% bonus, then increases by 5% with each following rank.[/li][li]Stamina 4 - Gladiator's Revenge: Removed block bonus: Increases Riposte Chance by 1% per rank instead.[/li][li]Stamina 5 - Perseverance: Renamed to Arena Endurance: Increased health gain ratio from 15% to 20% of all power consumed.[/li][li]Wisdom 5 - Stance Mastery: Also removes penalties associated with Hunker abilities and its upgrades.[/li][li]Intelligence 2 - Acceleration Strike: Is now a melee attack that triggers additional 25% Haste/Casting/Recovery speed after 3 additional combat arts.[/li][li]Intelligence 5 - Relentless Assault: Increased reuse speed bonus to 12%.[/li][/ul]
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

*snip, redundancy*
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

So this means: Dragoon's Cyclone 8 - Area autoattack is 40% Gladiator's Finesse 8 - 60% double attack rate Gladiator's Revenge 8 - Instead of 4.5% additional block rate, 4.5% front riposte and 4.5% all direction parry rate it's 12.5% front riposte, 12.5% parry riposte? Or did I add something wrong? I wonder if this is a contested check or not?
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

we got cornholled... hardcore... Im so mad i dont even want to talk about this