Upcoming Changes for Free and Silver Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's reasonable. In the meantime, you might consider using a book people can read.
    Magic Missiles likes this.
  2. JJOR64 New Member

Really glad by this change. Tried EQ1 a about a week ago and I was really turned off by all the restrictions. Looking forward to this once it rolls out for EQ2.
  3. Skwor Active Member

It seems like you are trying to use a trick question or do not understand the economics around what you asked. The question is not "did I make less money," of course I made the same amount of money. The question is, "is the value of the money the same" and the answer is no. Every time minimum wage is raised the price of goods go up across the board. The given value for the money you now have in your pocket, because the cost of goods has gone up, is decreased. By the way this is verifiable fact which has been studied at great length by economists.

Basically when there is more money available to spend in a market the costs of the products go up, econ 101 stuff here. SO yes I have lost something the value of my money has decreased, hmmmm just like when more product was made available that used to be part of a subscription I have lost some value in what I used to get for the same amount of money.

What I get for my subscription costs now are less than what I got before in part because some of it is free now. Yes I still get the same stuff but you cannot deny that I am spending the same amount for less offered under my subscription.

It isn't the amount of money you have so much as the value it imparts. One can have a wheel barrel full of cash but still have next to nothing if all that paper is worth less than the cost of cup of coffee.
  4. Skwor Active Member

Camel / nose / tent
  5. Nebula Member

Can Silver members who are also Guild Leaders / Officers not use /guild_motd?
  6. Shruen New Member

Gold members will always complain about restrictions lifted on free, and free will always complain that they don't have enough free. That will never change. My question though is simple. Have they mentioned an exact date when these changes will take effect?
  7. Wataiin New Member

This. Anyone know when the actual go live is? All they said was "middle of next week" and I know Tuesdays are usually patch days...
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

Lempo Freeblood is a Race not a Class. but now he will say that it should say all races except Freebloods
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

same here. infact I have friends who might come and play or come back now that that has happened. and if they like it well enough subscribe.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

Deveryn why are you feeding the Troll?
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It sounds like you didn't bother to look back at my other comments in the thread. You were so excited at the opportunity to catch me favoring an idea and use your cute little metaphor. The funny thing is that's exactly what SOE is hoping for with the latest restrictions being lifted. If people like sticking their nose in the tent, they will hopefully pay for full entry.

I see this time and time again. Someone finds themselves on the losing end of a discussion and they resort to ignoring certain questions posed (see: Rotherian's post) and they bring out metaphor and latch onto anything that seems like a hint of conflicting thought.

So, what you're saying is you must pay this much to be able to effectively communicate with your guild? That doesn't seem fair. However, I'm not going to spend much time arguing that point. I believe the alternative suggestion I re-posted is good enough, as most people visit their hall on a regular basis, so the point of contact is only shifting from one spot in the hall to another.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I forget myself sometimes :)
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

no it would be wizard to warlock as being the other sub class of the sorcerers. you would need to roll a necro and then betray to Conjuror.

edited last sentence was to snarky.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

you can buy more character slots if you want the 7 without paying then subscribe :D heck 7 wasn't enough slots for me so I have bought enough to have 21 last count
  15. Wataiin New Member

WHEN...IS...THIS...HAPPENING? How can they not post an official date/time??
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's probably happening tomorrow (middle of the week).
  17. Skwor Active Member

Again you assume motive, a major announcement was made where SOE provided a lot more product for those who use the f2p model and yet we have a significant number asking for more, my metaphor is very apropos of the situation. As for latching on, I made another post that specifically discussed the points we were debating I fail to see then how a separate post on a separate issue is latching on to something else as a distraction. Actually I could make the point that is what you are doing since it seems you chose to skip over the post right before the one you responded to and used that to make a point about the other subject.

Now to what seems fair, when exactly did you become the arbitrator on that? You say it is unfair to pay to effectively communicate with other guilds, why is that? There are other methods even within the game. Really it is about convenience and if a person cannot be expected to pay for a convenience then what exactly should be a "paid for service?"

Someone has to pay and until SOE decides that the f2p model is more cost effective than the subscriber model I will continue to seek more bang for my buck under the subscriber model which makes me no less right or wrong than those under the f2p model asking for more services for free. That you have decided it is worth it to you is a value judgment only you can make just like only I can make my value judgment. A person should not be telling others how they are supposed to find value in things and that they are wrong if they disagree.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Just confirming how right you are. Only that special kind of person would chastise me for not responding to a post that was made AS I was responding to another o_O
  19. Tore New Member

well I just returned to EQ after 6 years man they changed a lot of this game and now this I think it will be cool to change the game like this will be nice to do more as a Silver member I will enjoy more out of the game being the class I was at day one.
  20. Kalmaraa Active Member

Well my only question is when will this happen, it's already tuesday and no update as of yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.