Untargetable mobs

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Themuman, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Themuman New Member

I have found a few named that I can target as any other mob, object or player. These few mobs in question show too in my target window but as soon as I attack them the target window disappears and I can't fight them or cast on them anymore, neither cast beneficial spells (potions, i.e.) on myself.
    Very weak monsters can beat me to no life like this. What is worst is that I stay in attack mode, can't stop it and if I click on anything else I get the message "You cannot change targets at this time". This seems to be an Arcane course..., how do I prevent/cure this?
    I'm a 93 berserker that always hunts solo.
    Any input would be much appreciated! o_O
  2. Tx80i Member

I thought berserkers have a bunch of blue ae attacks, been awhile since i played mine.
    Themuman likes this.
  3. Themuman New Member

The only one that triggers without targets is Bloodbath. I still tells you "No targets in range". The others say that and don't go off.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You may have been Stunned or Stifled, which prevents you from casting.

You can prevent this somewhat with the adorn Astral Dominion (fits on Primary, Secondary, Ranged, Waist, Cloak). There are purple runes of this type at level 92 and 96 looks like. The level 92 is crafted from the recipe War Rune Recipe: Astral Dominion. I don't recall where that recipe comes from, but I'd check the broker, or ask in chat for someone who can commission-craft it for you.

Also, check your city merchants for Symbol of Stability and Greater Symbol of Stability (Anti-Stun), as well as Symbol of Clear Voice and Greater Symbol of Clear Voice (Anti-Stifle). These last 60 seconds, you would use them before pulling a mob that can stun or stifle.

And there are crafted potions that make you temporarily immune to stun/stifle for 10 seconds, Robust Freedom of Mind and Savant's Freedom of Mind. You would use these before you pull a mob that can stun or stifle.
    Themuman likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That arcane sounds like an old spell called Mandate. There were several varying versions of it through the expansions, and nothing could be done until it was cleared off, except use aoe's (the blue spells, mostly). If you prefer soloing around, I would suggest considering hiring a mercenary that is capable of curing arcanes to clear it off quickly if the mob becomes too much trouble to wait through the detriment. There are also Arcane Remedies, Freedom of Action (fear and root), and Freedom of Mind (stifle and stun) potions that can (sometimes) clear the detriments if you are stunned or stifled, but not all detriments are built to disappear from these cures. They're worth the try though. Good luck! Happy hunting! :)
    Themuman likes this.
  6. Themuman New Member

-Thank you, will try these and post the results! :)
  7. Themuman New Member

--Thank you, will try these too and post the results! :)
    Mercychalice likes this.