Unscheduled US Server Downtime December 3rd

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

On Valor the hotfix is working. Rceiving double Etyma now for collections again.
    Tariya likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Figured... ;->

And thanks for that; I think this thread needed the humor. :-/

Uwk
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Turned in 1 collection yesterday as a test... the reward popup showed only 1 Etyma, but my currency amount increased by 6... so 3 for the collection, plus 3 extra for Gold. Seems to be working now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Umicu New Member

No word on if we get credit for the dragon papers for the collections we turned in?
  5. beagley Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If they wouldn't go back a few weeks ago to remove the incorrect spells out of peoples spell books after the last bug, I extremely doubt they'll go back to retrospectively credit collection turn-ins. Hope I'm wrong though!:D
  6. Kamoj Well-Known Member

They had a warning in the MoTD about it - they are not going to give people etyma back just because they couldn't read the MoTD
    Avahlynn likes this.
  7. beagley Well-Known Member

It's not that simple.:confused:

I think the issue here is that they said they in the MoTD were going to fix it in the patch of the 3rd so everyone should wait until then, They did the patch but omitted to put the fix in so all the people that had read the MoTD and then submitted their collections still didn't get the bonus. SOE then put the fix in as a hotfix a short period of time after the original patch.

Therefore some people who read the MoTD and did exactly what they were told still have been disadvantaged by SOE dropping the ball. :mad:
    flameweaver likes this.
  8. alvane Member

Just too bad, they didn't confirm it with the patch notes. The patch notes (first update) never confirmed the double currency. The second patch notes did.

Although I understand your logic, unless the patch notes are written with errors, the patch notes are the final say so. The MoTD is the "advertising". I, for one, read advertisements and some give me a heads up interest, but until I read about the real thang, it's all subject to change.

It 'tis unfortunate that some people only read the heads up, but not the confirmation. Perhaps this will then teach them responsibility to follow up on the advertisement (MoTD) to the final review (patch notes) before they act on what may or may not be true.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  9. beagley Well-Known Member

We are talking slightly at cross purposes here. I was responding to Kamoj who said they wouldn't issue refunds to people that couldn't be bothered to read the MoTD. Your post is different in that you are arguing that people are at fault because they didn't read the patch notes. Two different things.

Whilst I haven't been impacted by this myself, I think we'll have to agree to disagree whether the MoTD constitutes "an advertisement" or not. Its a formal method used by SOE to communicate with players in the same way as they send out messages saying things like "the server is coming down at XXX for an unexpected bugfix, please find a safe place to log out immediately". That usually isn't in patch notes either but I'm sure you wouldn't regard that as "an advertisement".

Bear in mind that we are told by SOE frequently that the majority of the playerbase don't visit these forums. If true, they therefore wouldn't know how to get at the patch notes so arguably to the majority of players the MoTD is "the final say".

Bottom line is that SOE introduced an element of confusion here via the use of the MoTD and it isn't as black and white as some in this thread would like to make out.
  10. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Mine wasn't directed at the mess-up of timing in regards to them not patching. My comment was at the people who are saying that they didn't know it was broken before and therefore should get reimbursed for ones they turned in during the known bug.
  11. octi New Member

me i just want my number correctly of etyma missing (About 150, not 44 lol pfff)

thx GM leeluo ...