Unscheduled US Server Downtime December 3rd

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Dec 3, 2013.

1. RadarX Community Manager

All US servers will come down at 10:30 AM PT for a brief update to address double Etyma rewards for Gold Members. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately one horu.
    Calthine likes this.
  2. Pawder Active Member

One horu?..sounds bad
  3. Udonn Active Member

Server is up. Did they go down yet? MOTD still says to not turn in collections if you want the double Etyma's.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what an horu is... I hope it wasn't long ;)
  5. Gorekin Member

Servers back up but MOTD says not to turn them in? is this fixed or not?
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

Yes, it is fixed.
  7. finum New Member

I am too nervous to turn them in given the ones I lost already. =\
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It is the singular form of horus. The horu is an ancient Egyptian measure of time approximately equal to 1/24th of a day*. :p

But yes, the fix seems to have gone in.

* And I totally just made that up. :eek: :D
  9. Le Clown Active Member

HAI OPYOU SPELD HUOR WRONG
  10. ksheila New Member

Isn't that Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja.. maybe that was spelled Haru..
  11. Thetmes Active Member

Any chance ya'll fixed KP on Naggy today was broken all day yesterday
  12. Fudged New Member

wait, so we are meant to get double etymas for collections? If that's the case - I'd like this to be retro-actively put in place. It was there, then it was taken away last week. Is it going to be brought back? I'd like my Etymas if that's the case.

(by the way, play on Splitpaw whiuch obvs isn't a US server, but here's hoping the double etymas for collections return and the double's we've missed are given.
  13. Ranga Active Member

Fudge the bug is double for gold members which was borked last week. They forgot about Splitpaw because there has been an MOTD about it all last week on US servers and nothing on ours. Now they got the fix, how long will it take to fix it for the poor cousins?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Fudged New Member

hopefully it'll come in with tomorrow's scheduled update (4th Dec), but still I'd hope for all the collections I've turned in across 5x L95s I'd get the double I've missed out on. It'd make getting the 3k etyma mount a far easier task!
  15. Juraviel Active Member

Not fixed. I just turned in a collection and only got 3, not the 6 for gold membership.
  16. Bimbleberry New Member

I am so upset I could just cry. :( First off I didn't realize Gold members were already receiving 3 etyma per collection (because I hadn't turned them in yet) so I was excited today when I turned one in and realized I got 3, so I turned them ALL in on all my alts thinking they had fixed the problem. I came on here feeling pretty happy only to realize that not only was I supposed to be receiving 6 but that now I have turned them all in I will never receive them even if they have now fixed the problem. Sure there are a couple I'm still searching for but 95% is done. Isn't there some magical database mining they can do to fix this retroactively? I don't think I am the only one who feels bummed out about the missing etymas.
  17. Ranga Active Member

You probably got double for a few collections. It has only been broken since they put the fix in to stop collections being exploited which was about 6 days ago. I think that I missed about 6 collections because they didn't actually explain what they had done initially. It was the sharp eyes of the public that spotted the bug. I have written those off to experience, I doubt they will have the tools or the will to reimburse everyone who did the same.

Funny thing is they can put the fix in for that simultaneous with the US servers but they can't update us simultaneously with scheduled updates. :(
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

I just turned in several collections and got 6 Etymas for each one.
  19. DreadRoberts Active Member

Just tried with one, only got 3 Etymas. Still broken. :(
  20. Umicu New Member

So let me get this straight. the dragon paper things we haven't been getting doubles on..... did not know this so are they going to go back through and award us what was promised?