Unscheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Tawnia Member

Good job guys it was fast and painless:)
  2. Kaarkula Active Member

Pretty bad decision whoever decided that this had to be done now.

Silly.
    Lockerius likes this.
  3. Roshen Well-Known Member

4. Scalette Member

Up and running. Thanks for all the hard work SoE!!! :)
    Roshen likes this.
  5. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Just got in...must be back up. US server Permafrost
    Roshen likes this.
  6. Kayahni Member

See, complainers? The world didn't end while the servers were down, and the downtime was shorter than estimated, as it usually is.

Thanks much, Roshen and devs. :) People raiding tonight whined in this thread, people whining about spell research whined elsewhere. You guys can't win lol.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  7. Sweetling New Member

This made me laugh...no one cared earlier that the EU servers were looking at loosing their prime raid time but now a hot fix is cutting into the US prime time and people are outraged.

Anyone who has played this for any length of time should know by now that after any big patch (especially those that bring in new things) is likely to have the odd problem requiring a hot fix or two to fix it. It's not their fault that raiders who should know this by now didn't keep an eye on the forums to make sure that their raid times were safe

Keep up the fixing SoE, these things happen and well done for trying to get it sorted. (Oh and I am not an EU server player I just found the similarities funny)
    Stealthmode and Kayahni like this.
  8. Lockerius New Member

Servers back up eh Roshen? Riiiiiight.......
  9. Lockerius New Member

I completely agree with you Sweetling, the least they could do is bring down the EU servers at a different time. It's been that way for years, and SOE just don't care what you guys think, and I think that's utterly pathetic.

Hey Sony, I want you to Google something. It's called "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION."

I'll give you a minute to read up on it. Apparently you're unfamiliar with the term.
  10. Rhamnusia New Member

6 hours of downtime today and then already over another hour tonight. If it were possible to move my entire guild and houses exactly as they currently are to another server I would pay a fortune just to get off Crushbone since apparently it's the runt of the litter when it comes to updates.
  11. Cataclysm Active Member

It was longer than an hour for Freeport and no one said the world was ending. Stop being melodramatic.
    Lockerius and Mindsway like this.
  12. Taysa Well-Known Member

Nope. Crushbone is up. AB? Still locked.
    Milliebii likes this.
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I just want to know what did they fix that couldn't wait until tomorrow morning, and why they had to do it right in the middle of prime raiding time. People have a right to complain about this sort of thing, we have good reason to do so.
    Kaarkula and Lockerius like this.
  14. Kaarkula Active Member

Don't even know what "make sure raid times are safe means"

Because ya we all could have magically raided when we were all at work.
  15. Sweetling New Member

This may get me disliked...but I am not siding with the eu complainers, or any complainers. Patches have to happen...should servers be brought down at times that suit the players? perhaps...but no matter what time they choose someone won't be happy with it. They decide to bring EU servers down off peak times for the EU and people will complain that they are getting the new stuff so far behind the US. It is a bit of a no win situation for them and personally I think that the odd patch that cuts into my play time is the price I pay (along with the subs) to be able to play and enjoy the game (as previously stated not an EU server player but still an EU player).
    Stealthmode, Kayahni and Xaiveir like this.
  16. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Because if they did not, if you researched a spell to GM and then logged out, ALL of your upgraded traits would be reset to Apprentice. They disabled research so that people wouldn't be able to get into that situation, but getting research running again (something that is real-time based as I know you're aware) is fairly critical, and that required an update to the servers. That is what they fixed.
  17. Rtwodecix New Member

Why isnt AB coming up seriously.. you want the most populated server to come up first.. bad move on ur end SOE
    Milliebii likes this.
  18. Rtwodecix New Member

and also gotta love the dead servers like perma to come up before a more pop server.. smooth move SOE
  19. Kaarkula Active Member

Sweetling - the regular updates occur at a time when population is low (serverwide)

They know when they have the heaviest game traffic.

This isn't the end of the world but it was a bad decision.
    Mindsway and Taysa like this.
  20. Kaarkula Active Member