Unscheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Hello all,

We'll be bringing US servers offline shortly to resolve some outstanding issues. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

Current Server Status: https://www.soe.com/status
    Stealthmode likes this.
  2. Mindsway Well-Known Member

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Eles likes this.
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I have to laugh I read the post that you all were going to bring the servers down tonight and made sure I was not involved in anything that I could not just drop at a moments notice. Almost everyone else on the server was surprised and complaining about it ruining raids and DF groups. I had to ask what they thought it meant when you all said the servers would be coming down today again.

Good on you for fixing things for us so quickly and do not listen to the complainers most of us really do appreciate what you guys do.

:)
    Fractals, Kayahni, Naramsin and 2 others like this.
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ x2
    Mindsway likes this.
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Nelliel is that you?
    Eles likes this.
  6. WunderbreadBSG New Member

Thank you for the memo - I and im sure many players, appreciate it. Take care.
  7. Poopcicle Member

Estimated...lololo
  8. Triplehelix New Member

Thank you for addressing the issue today rather than delaying/postponing until tomorrow morning. Please ignore the unappreciative comments, do what you need to because we're all excited and the complainers won't stop to say sorry and thank you when everything works great.
    Ihatenix, Kayahni and Stealthmode like this.
  9. Lockerius New Member

SERIOUSLY?

80% of raiding guilds raid RIGHT FRIKKIN NOW.....but sure, let's bring down the servers cause I don't wanna lose 6 hours on my research assistant?

MindFRIKKINboggling........
    Ihatenix likes this.
  10. Cataclysm Active Member

You're deliberately ignoring why some are complaining. Of course everyone want the issue fixed, but research could have been kept disabled and the fix at better time.
    Ihatenix, Mindsway and Lockerius like this.
  11. Daddums Member

Wonder how many babies will be born into raiding guild households 9 months from now?
  12. Daddums Member

Or maybe raiders will complain about that too :)
    Avahlynn and Stealthmode like this.
  13. Scalette Member

So it went from being a brief update to an hour update? Go figure. o_O
    Stealthmode likes this.
  14. Lockerius New Member

It's Sony time dude.....you know, REVERSE of what it is in-game.
  15. Daddums Member

Forums actually said about 1 hour in the news announcement this afternoon, with a stay tuned to the forums in case it goes longer. The in game message was not as specific.
  16. Xurben New Member

1 hour equates to... ?
  17. Ahupu Well-Known Member

They said the fix would be in today. Why in the world would you start a raid when a hotfix was coming and they told you about it on the login screen?

Oh wait that's right there is never anything important on the login screen :rolleyes:
    Feylone, Stealthmode and Kayahni like this.
  18. Lockerius New Member

Yeah, you're right, they announced the patch would be today.....they announced it at 8:23pm......
  19. Hyt3ckr3dn3ck New Member

Hmm maybe it was the scheduled raid time?? And maybe just maybe they did not think soe would be dumb enough to bring the servers down during peak raid time's. Just guessing here.
    Lockerius likes this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Awesome timing, I assume there must have been a much larger exploit to warrant taking the servers down during prime time. Surely something as benign as researcher time wouldn't have kept you guys working late and your customers out of game.
    Tawnia and Lockerius like this.