Unrest's Tome of Fun

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Squeecha, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Well, everyone, I apologize! We're having really bad luck advertising quests. Just after I volunteered to take over, I was in a terrible accident. So quest advertising may be really spotty, but please rest assured there are still plenty of quests going on!
  2. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience! I hope you caught some of the quests over the past few weeks. I've got my fingers crossed that we can get back to regular advertising now!

Quests for the week of 7/13/12 - 7/19/12

Friday - July 13th, 2012
    Saturday - July 14th, 2012
    Sunday - July 15th, 2012
    Monday - July 16th, 2012
    • 3pm PDT - Everyone's favorite Dwarf Braxxle is back in Butcherblock talking everyone's ears off about axes.
    Tuesday - July 17th, 2012
    Wednesday - July 18th, 2012
    • 12pm (noon) PDT - A very jittery lady is roaming around in Freeport begging for a fix...of coffee, of course!
    • 4pm PDT - Rumors abound that a new type of magical lantern has been developed by an Arasai in Darklight Wood. He said something about fairies...?
    • 7pm PDT - Outer Kael is buzzing with the chatter of the Stormshield family, who are intent on learning more about Kael.
    Thursday - July 19th, 2012
    • 2pm PDT - A lovestruck Gnome is in Frostfang Sea, pining away for his lady. Apparently he wants to make her a very special glowy gift.

(As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this annoying "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  3. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Hello again, Unrest! I hope you're all ready to do some questing, as usual! Here's what we have ready to go so far this week:

Quests for the week of 7/20/12 - 7/26/12

Friday - July 20th, 2012
    Saturday - July 21st, 2012
    Sunday - July 22nd, 2012
    Monday - July 23rd, 2012
    • 7pm PDT - You can find Blumrup in Antonica, pulling his hair out about some things he needs for his drum circle.
    Tuesday - July 24th, 2012
    Wednesday - July 25th, 2012
    • 8pm PDT - Our drunken friend Hahlden is looking to add some rare brews to his collection. Come and share a drink with him in the Qeynos Province District.
    Thursday - July 26th, 2012
    • 2pm PDT - Edwina is back in Qeynos, seeking fellow coffee lovers to help her.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Whoops! Tinkerfest has me so excited (I love tinkering, you know, except my prototype anti-Froglok radius shield never seems to work) that I am completely late telling you about this week's quests!

Quests for the week of 7/27/12 - 8/2/12

Friday - July 27th, 2012
    • 7pm PDT - Frizwat is trying to get into his Tinkerfest spirit and is in Kelethin, looking for helpers to create what he calls "pretty lights," or something like that.
    Saturday - July 28th, 2012
    Sunday - July 29th, 2012
    Monday - July 30th, 2012
    • 9pm PDT - Everyone's favorite Dwarf, Hallden, is in Gorowyn trying to find the necessary supplies to whip up his famous ales.
    Tuesday - July 31st, 2012
    • 1pm PDT - Ready to help with Tinkerfest? One of the Gnomish helpers has a strained back and needs some help with a super-secret project in the Qeynos Capital District.
    • 4pm PDT - Madly-in-love Frizwath is in Timorous Deep, looking for help to make the perfect gift for his lady love.
    Wednesday - August 1st, 2012
    Thursday - August 2nd, 2012
    • 1pm PDT - BOOM! Some gnome is setting off Tinkerfest explosions, much to the dismay of the inhabitants of Steamfont Mountains.
    • 4pm PDT - Fetzelpot is in Frostfang Sea, trying to test out his magnificent new invention. He needs a few volunteers, though!

(As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this annoying "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  5. ARCHIVED-ChrisMarchant Guest

Sorry to be a pest, but looking for the 2 Tinkerfest guide quests asap, and at a time earlier than 4PM PDT, as I am EU based and on UK time.
    AS Tinkerfest is a short live event, we should be offered a few choices if at all possible.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

ChrisMarchant wrote:
    Hi Chris! As you can see, we have a few more quests scheduled now, including a few Tinkerfest ones. Don't worry - we're doing our best to bring all the Gnomish fun to Norrath!
  7. ARCHIVED-ChrisMarchant Guest

Thanks for that, but I am looking for the Tome of Tinkering, and the Catalogue quest, specifically, since I have 5 new chars on this server who haven't done them yet.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Yep, another new week! We'll have some new quests scheduled soon, too, so be sure to check back for an updated list!

Quests for the week of 8/3/12 - 8/9/12

Friday - August 3rd, 2012
    Saturday - August 4th, 2012
    Sunday - August 5th, 2012
    Monday - August 6th, 2012
    Tuesday - August 7th, 2012
    • 3pm PDT - While celebrating Tinkerfest in the Steamfont Mountains, Widgyt is attempting to record lost tinkering recipes. She's looking for some help with her research.
    Wednesday - August 8th, 2012
    • 4pm PDT - A self-proclaimed "greatest inventor since the Age of Cataclysm" is roaming around the Withered Lands, looking for misplaced schematics.
    • 7pm PDT - A soot-covered Gnome is in Qeynos Capital District, working on some special top-secret devices. Giggling nervously, she flags down passers-by to lend a hand.
    Thursday - August 9th, 2012
    • 9pm PDT - Poor Fizzlezap has thrown out his back in the course of some strenuous Tinkerfest research. He's looking for some helpers in Steamfont Mountains.
  9. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

thanks for running the one in withered lands for the clockwork assasin :) though, it would have been a little more fun if it was repeatable, as i dont have a single character higher than level 35 other than my main, who has done it 0_o is there any chance of it becoming repeatable??
  10. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

foodcity wrote:
    Hello Foodcity! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any changes to that specific quest need to be done by the developers. I'll pass on your feedback to our Quest team.
  11. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Another new week! Here's what we have lined up so far. Please continue to check back. As new quests are ready to be advertised, I will update the list here.

Quests for the week of 8/10/12 - 8/16/12

Friday - August 10th, 2012
    Saturday - August 11th, 2012
    Sunday - August 12th, 2012
    • 12pm PDT (noon) - An Arasai inventor has developed a new, special, magical lantern. He is seeking help creating the prototype in Darklight Wood.
    Monday - August 13th, 2012
    • 10am PDT - Hallden is trying to expand his beer collection, but is a bit too tipsy to go shopping. He can be found in Frostfang Sea.
    Tuesday - August 14th, 2012
    Wednesday - August 15th, 2012
    Thursday - August 16th, 2012
    • 4pm PDT - Thignor is wailing about something..being hungry? I can't tell. Have you ever tried to decipher what a crying Troll is saying? Go find him and convince him to shut up, will you?

12. ARCHIVED-Naajiyyah Guest

Thignor was the cutest troll ever. Hope I get to see him again ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Hello, everyone! I'd like to introduce you all to Ethwin, my tasty-looking friend here, who is going to help tell you all about upcoming quests. My throat is getting awfully raw from all this shouting.
    Anyway, here's what we have so far this week! As always, please continue to check back, and I will edit this post as I learn more.

Quests for the week of 8/17/12 - 8/23/12

Friday - August 17th, 2012
    Saturday - August 18th, 2012
    Sunday - August 19th, 2012
    • 12:00 pm PDT (noon) - A lovesick young Fae is mooning about in Kelethin. He wants to woo his lovely lady with a fantastic feast, but he's running out of time to get the preparations made!
    • 4:00 pm PDT - Hear ye, hear ye, thrill-seekers! Have you dreamed of flying...without a mount? Do cliff edges have a siren call, begging you to take a fall? Adrenaline! We will have plenty of it in Butcherblock Mountains!
    Monday - August 20th, 2012
    • 12:00 pm PDT (noon) - Poor Emeile is a teensy-tiny little dragon in a big, big world. His dreams haven't been coming true, so he's looking for some fairy godmothers (metaphorically speaking, of course) in New Halas.
    Tuesday - August 21st, 2012
    Wednesday - August 22nd, 2012
    Thursday - August 23rd, 2012
    • 7:00 pm PDT - A few Coldains have been spotted hanging out in Frostfang Sea. No one's really sure what they want, because all they can talk about are fungoids, and who really wants to listen to that? (I hope you do!)

14. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

oooh, thanks for running the diving contest i havent seen that one in a loooong time! i enjoyed the guide event, even though i went linkdead seconds before it really started, hehe
  15. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

foodcity wrote:
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm also sorry you lost your battle with the Linkdead Monster. ;)
    We'll do our best to bring you another diving competition in the future!
  16. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

i know its a bit short notice, but.... is there any chance of a guide coming to the pay it forward event?
  17. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

foodcity wrote:
    Doh, sorry Foodcity, I didn't see the ads for it in time! If there's a second one scheduled, I'll do my best to get the word out to the team. I'm glad it went well!
  18. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

A bit of a late start this week, but here's what we have so far!

Quests for the week of 8/24/12 - 8/30/12

Friday - August 24th, 2012
    Saturday - August 25th, 2012
    Sunday - August 26th, 2012
    Monday - August 27th, 2012
    Tuesday - August 28th, 2012
    • 11:00am PDT - A young lady is in Antonica, frustrated with her Jumjum Pies always being stolen! She's seeking some helpers to get her pies back.
    Wednesday - August 29th, 2012
    • 12:00pm PDT (noon) - An Arasai decorater has been wandering around Darklight Wood, looking for materials for her latest project.
    Thursday - August 30th, 2012
    • 10:00am PDT - You hear a Halfling in the Thundering Steppes screaming for help. Apparently some Trolls are feeling more than a little bit hungry....

19. ARCHIVED-Aitsanna Guest

Greetings again, Unrest! Here's what we have for this week. Please check back as the week goes on; we will add quests as they are ready!

Quests for the week of 8/31/12 - 9/6/12

Friday - August 31st, 2012
    • 12:30pm PDT - A Troll, arms weighted down with "jewelry," has been wandering around Kylong Plains, seeking help with a special project.
    Saturday - September 1st, 2012
    Sunday - September 2nd, 2012
    Monday - September 3rd, 2012
    Tuesday - September 4th, 2012
    • 11:00am PDT - The most beautiful lady in all the land has been captured by the nasty lizarmen in The Feerrott! Her brother is searching for her, and needs a group of adventurers to come help.
    • 12:00pm PDT (noon) - A gnome has been moping around Frostfang Sea, desperately trying to make the perfect gift for his lady love. He could definitely use some help from adventurers!
    Wednesday - September 5th, 2012
    • 9:00am PDT - Flimby the Necromancer is on an adventure, but her pet skeleton has gone missing! She's seeking help from adventurers in the Commonlands to find him.
    • 4:00pm PDT - A famous Gnome inventor has been working on a top-secret schematic in Withered Lands, but there's a minor problem....he's lost his notes! If you haven't helped him before, hurry over there and lend a hand!
    Thursday - September 6th, 2012
    • 5:00pm PDT - A poor tiny dragon has been spotted roaming around Qeynos, desperately seeking help with some odd sort of request....
    • 7:00pm PDT - Edwinah has been desperately seeking some fresh coffee in Greater Faydark. She'll gladly reward those who can help her wake up!

20. ARCHIVED-StrainAsylum Guest

Hi! Could we PLEASE have the "Axe and Ye Shall Receive" quest (home decoration axes) on Unrest???? Please???
    And how do we have the MOST recent posts show, rather than having to go to the end of the thread? Seems rather silly, but I dont' see a Most Recent option.