Unrest's Tome of Fun

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Aitsanna, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Warriousalexis New Member

Hello, thank you for the update Gediva, it is very appreciated. If I may I would like to request the quest that involves the baby dragons and telling stories. Thanks bunches =).
  2. Aitsanna Senior Guide

For those of you who have big hunting plans on this lovely Friday night - so does Graviss! He's arranged for a large hunting party at 6pm PDT tonight (June 28), but apparently there are some issues with his equipment. He's headed to the Isle of Mara in order to find some helpers.

And Warriousalexis - we'll pass a message on to the dragons. I'm sure they're in need of some new stories for their library anyway!
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

The Wolf Plushie is really cool. The little Level 1 Froglok appreciates it =)
    Aitsanna likes this.
  4. Gediva Senior Guide

Pssst! Hey you! I found some stuff you might be interested in happening soon!
    /stuffs a crumpled piece of paper in your hands

• Sunday, June 30th around noonish, head to the Blackburrow entrance in Antonica to see if you can lend a hand with those flea infested gnolls!
    • Sunday, June 30th, around 1pm, head to Greater Faydark and see why an orcish spirit is so restless and angry!
    • Monday, July 1st, around 3pm, head to Kelethin and with your harvesting tools and lend your help to a flghty little fae in love!
  5. Aitsanna Senior Guide

In case those rumors haven't kept you busy enough, here's one more!

Wednesday, July 3 at about 11am PDT - A young elven maiden has received proposals from several men, each with their own charms. But the poor lady has a problem - she can't talk! She needs help from passing adventurers in Antonica to choose the proper man to be her husband, so come lend your wisdom!

(As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  6. Warriousalexis New Member

I was just wondering, why are the quests being run so early in the day? Most of the people that I know and play with don't even get out of work until 2pm pdt or later. =(
  7. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Not all quests are run early in the day - in this case, the ones that have been advertised have. There are lots of other quests going on that don't get posted here, many of which are run in the evening. (For example, the one with Graviss a few posts above was at 6pm PDT.)

But the short answer to your question, Warriousalexis, is that Guides are all volunteers and players like you, so we can only run events when our annoying "Real Life" things let us!
  8. Warriousalexis New Member

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just curious... I understand that guides are players like myself, that is sort of what prompted the question. I appreciate those that are posting about their quests. I check the boards daily and I am pretty sure I am not alone =) and we appreciate all the work you all do. I, like you, do not always have time to be online, but when I see a posting and it is at a time that I can participate, I try to be there =). Look forward to more adventures with you all, /cheers.
    Aitsanna likes this.
  9. Gediva Senior Guide

/tacks up a piece of paper to the wall

• Wednesday, July 10th at 9AM, head to the crossroads cabin in Antonica with your harvesting tools, and see if you can help your favorite beer lovin' dwarf get some supplies together for his next batch of ale!
    • Thursday, July 11th at 9AM, head to the docks of Thurgadin in the Great Divide and see if you can help a dwarf finish up his ale collection!
    • Thursday, July 11th, at 11AM, head to Greater Faydark with your harvesting tools, and seek out a gnome who need some help with and illuminating project!
  10. Gediva Senior Guide

Wednesday, July 10th at 3:30pm, head to the crossroads cabin in Antonica with your harvesting tools, and see if you can help your favorite beer lovin' dwarf get some supplies together for his next batch of ale!

*** note time change...
    sorry for the inconvenience!
  11. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Tired of always having your strength tested instead of your wits? I hear the Riddlemaster is going to be out and about, holding a competition in New Halas! Head on over to the city center on Sunday, July 14th at 6pm PDT to win yourself some fame and glory (and maybe a prize...)
  12. Gediva Senior Guide

I heard about something that might perk some interest happening tomorrow, in addition to the Riddlemaster appearing as mentioned above!

Tired of your boring old look? Need something new and fresh and just in time for the summer season? Well, on Friday, July 12th, head to the cool shores of Everfrost around 4pm and seek out an interesting fashionista -- I heard she is drifting onto the docks for a brief respite from the summer heat, and she is willing to share her new tailoring secrets to have you looking fabulous, just in time for all those summer parties!
  13. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Unfortunately the Riddlemaster has been called back to Rivervale today (July 14), so she won't be able to stop by New Halas. She's asked us to relay her apologies to everyone and will let you know when she can venture forth!
  14. Gediva Senior Guide

Apparently there seems to be some civil unrest going on with the Bloodskull orcs in the Commonlands!

• Monday, July 15th at 4pm head to the Commonlands to see if you can help one faction of the Bloodskulls!

• Tuesday, July 15th at 4pm, head back to the Commonlands and help the other faction of Bloodskulls!
  15. Gediva Senior Guide

Eep....That should read Tuesday, July 16th! =)
  16. Gediva Senior Guide

Hey you! I think you dropped this..../hands you a crumpled of piece of paper

• Friday, July 19th around 4pm, in the Enchanted Lands, word has it a Kerran Ranger needs some help making his hunting quota...perhaps you can help?

• Monday, July 22nd, around 4pm, in Antonica, a sad and pathetic Froglok has been displaced by hooligans and needs your help!

• Tuesday, July 23rd, around 4pm, head to the docks of the Commonlands and seek out a gnome needing your help, for the sake of love!
  17. Gediva Senior Guide

Tinkerfest is upon us. While I was out and about trying to say hello to a few of those crafty gnomes, one of them saw me and before she ran off in complete terror, although I am not sure why, she dropped a notice she was trying to post -- maybe it will interest you?

• Monday, July 29th around 4pm head to Gnomish Headquarters in Steamfont Mountains to assist an enthusiastic researcher!

• Tuesday, July 30th, around 4pm, return to the Steamfont -- research never ends and there can never be enough!

• Wednesday, July 31st, around 4pm, once again head to Steamfont -- in case you missed it and see what that researcher is up to!

And as always, be on the look out for other things happening throughout the week and pay mind to the 1-9 chat channel for whisperings of things going on!
  18. Gediva Senior Guide

I was passing by some odd fellows and overheard them whispering (I was not eavesdropping...ok maybe I was...a little...maybe)..seems to be a couple of things happening later today!

• Thursday, August 8th around high noon, head to Eastern Wastes in search of Coldain adventure! Do you have what it takes to brave the depths of Kael and return to tell the tale?

• Thursday, August 8th, around 1pm, head to the Gnomish HQ in Steamfont and see what that busy tinkerin' researcher is up to...perhaps she will share her notes!
  19. Aitsanna Senior Guide

I was talking to my friend Alolon earlier today, and he mentioned that he wanted to take his lady love out for a romantic star-lit picnic tonight, but he's been so busy planning the perfect proposal that he forgot to finish his preparations! If you're looking for something to do tonight, why not stop by and lend a hand? He should be out and about in Kelethin at approximately 9:30pm PDT.

(As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  20. Gediva Senior Guide

Psst! C'mere! Yeah, you! Over here! I've got something for ya!

*slips a scroll from under her cloak, presses it in your hand, then runs off*
    You unfold the scroll and are delighted to see its a list of events happening in the next few days in Norrath!

• TODAY, Friday, August 16th around 6pm rumor has it an enterprising Othimir is going to be on the docks of Antonica seeking some help improving his fishing! Perhaps you have what it takes to help the little guy out? Who knew he could make fishing look so fun! But don't lallygag about, he has to get home soon in time for dinner!

• Tomorrow, Saturday, August 17th around high noon, head to cool and frosty city of New Halas. Rumor has it a distressed young lady is in need of your book binding help...can you help save the books? Rush to her aid and do it for the children and their bedtime stories!

• Sunday, August 18th, around 4pm, head to the docks of the Commonlands and seek out a member of the Loresinger clan. She seems to have a desire to recreate a family heirloom and needs your help! Bring your harvesting tools and don't delay for the sake of the bards of Norrath!

And remember, all times are listed in PST and subject to change as Guides are volunteers and sometimes things happen!

And as always, be on the lookout for Guides wandering around who want to talk to you, and keep your eye attuned to the 1-9 channel for other opportunities throughout the week ahead -- you never know what might pop up!