Unrest's Tome of Fun

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Aitsanna, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Well, welcome to the new forums! The Guides of Unrest are happy to announce some of our quests in advance - please keep your eyes trained here for the heads-up. (Not all quests are advertised, though, so look out in game! Also, please remember that Guides are all volunteers; we do our best to make sure things start on time, but sometimes this "RL" thing interferes.)

We'll see you in Norrath!
  2. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Good news, everyone! I have two quests to announce for you, both for today!

12:00 PST - A lost (and slightly-scatterbrained) Halfling has been seen wandering around Thundering Steppes, muttering something about fayberries. She could sure use a hand....

15:00 PST - The self-proclaimed greatest inventor in Norrath has had a bit of a setback with his research. As in, he kind of lost it. Head over to Withered Lands and see if you can help!

(As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  3. Ethwin Guide

Happenings for the week of 11/30/12 - 12/6/12

Friday - November 30th, 2012
    Saturday - December 1st, 2012
    Sunday - December 2nd, 2012
    • 12:00PT - There may be a directionaly challenged dragon in the city of Neriak
    Monday - December 3rd, 2012
    • 13:00PT - Head to Freeport for some calcium enrichment.
    Tuesday - December 4th, 2012
    Wednesday - December 5th, 2012
    Thursday - December 6th, 2012
    (As always, please remember that Guides are all volunteers. We do our best to make sure quests start on time, but sometimes this "Real Life" thing interferes.)
  4. Maiana New Member

*pokepoke*
  5. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Hi Maiana!

We're not able to advertise every quest for you guys - partly because we don't want to promise to be there if we get sidetracked in Real Life and disappoint everyone. We do try to give advance notice when we can, though! Keep your eyes for shouts in zone, or cries for help in the chat channels.

That being said, if you're interested in helping the Gigglegibbers, I hear they'll be out and about in the Frostfell Wonderland at various times during Frostfell. Be vigilant on Tuesday, December 18 at 12pm PST and Thursday, December 20 at 3pm PST!
  6. Aitsanna Senior Guide

A couple last-minute additions for you all, both for today (12/18)!
    • 4pm PST - Frostfang Sea is bustling with researchers, intent on studying the local fauna. However, they need the aid of some adventurers....
    • 6pm PST - Are you celebrating Frostfell in style? If not (or heck, even if you are), a special sartorial snowman is ready to help get you properly attired in Everfrost.
  7. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Unfortunately Gyftee ate too much fruitcake earlier today (12/20), and due to some severe indigestion, he's had to stay home and rest. Hopefully he'll be back delivering gifts to his friends soon!
  8. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying Frostfell. Nothing quite makes me grin like the sound of those bells when you enter the Wonderland Village!

If you're feeling the Frostfell spirit today (12/27) around 3pm PST, head on over to Freeport, where the Gigglegibbers are getting into more trouble.

The goblins will be out and about at other times, too, but you'll just have to keep your eyes open for them!
  9. Aitsanna Senior Guide

If you're feeling wintry today (12/31), drop by Everfrost, where a masterclass in seasonal attire is being held. Expect Sneu to make an appearance around 4pm PST.

Also, the Frostfell Gigglegibbers are out and about again, trying to spread Frostfell cheer.

1/1/13 9am PST - Head on over to New Halas for help with the presents.
    1/2/13 1:30am PST - This time, the Gigglegibbers are going to stop by the Frostfell Wonderland Village.

They'll be out and about until the end of Frostfell, so don't worry if you can't stop by then.

Finally, I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year! I wish you all lots of "phat lewtz" in 2013.
  10. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Happy new year, everyone! I hope you're having a good one so far. (There are plenty of days left to have a surly Hill Giant take exception to you calling him "fatty.")

If you're not tired of snow and cold yet, I heard a rumor that the Stormshields will be back in Eastern Wastes on Thursday, January 3 around 10:00am PST. Why not stop by and see what explorations they need help with today?

11. Aitsanna Senior Guide

So I hope you still have some kindness and helpfulness left over from Frostfell! If you do, there's a bard in need of some help with an enchanted lyre (a very special one) that seems to have met a bad fate. Find them in Butcherblock Mountains, tonight (1/10) around 6pm PST!

12. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Hail, adventurers! I'm a bit behind on my research thanks to whatever plague Bertox has been throwing at everyone. But I did take a break from reading long enough to go listen to some rumors in the New Halas pubs. (Nothing helps dispel the winter chill like some ale, right? Sure, why not....)

It sounds like there's word of a few people looking for helpers over the next few days. So why not drop by?
    • Monday, 2/4 - Vicx is going on and on about some new invention of his, but his wife won't let him leave Neriak to work on it. Talk about a short leash! Meet him in Darklight Wood at about 9pm PST if you can help with his plans.
    • Tuesday, 2/5 - If you go on vacation, be sure your pets are taken care of! One poor little guy has escaped from his owners' house and is running around Neriak. Look for him around 12pm (noon) PST.
    • Wednesday, 2/6 - Speaking of being lost.... it seems a merchant went to gather supplies in Loping Plains but can't find his way back. Silly people, when will they learn to hire helpers before they go on treks? Anyway, he'll be starting his latest gathering mission around 2pm PST.
    And of course, there are always other things that I don't hear about in my rumor-gathering! So keep your eyes and ears tuned for strange happenings throughout Norrath.
  13. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Hello, adventurers! My rumor mill has been pretty quiet lately. These people looking for help sure just like to sneak up on people, don't they? But fret not, for today I've just heard two great leads if you're looking for some work.
    • Wednesday, 2/27 - If you're fancying some relaxing fishing - or maybe not so relaxing, if you're afraid of fish - head on over to Antonica at about 4:30pm PST!
    • Thursday, 2/28 - Maybe fish aren't your thing. I get that. How about less.... alive.... things? An Arasai is heading out to Nektulos Forest at about 4pm PST to help with some decorating.
    And of course, keep your eyes peeled for other people in need of help. Not everything is announced ahead of time!

14. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Greetings again, my friends! I hope you're getting all rested for Brewday - it'll be here soon, and then there's lots of partying to be done!

If you're looking for some tasks to fill your days until then, I've heard of a few things going on tomorrow (3/6/13)!
    • 12pm PST - Head on over to Greater Faydark for some orc slaughtering. Who doesn't like some revenge on those big blue meanies?
    • 3pm PST - If killing's not quite up your alley, how about a contest of intellect and wit? Take your thinking cap over to Gorowyn for some fun.
  15. Aitsanna Senior Guide

Wow, that was quite a nap! Next time one of my experiments explodes, hopefully it won't wipe out all my notes like that.

Anyway, if you're out and about tomorrow (5/2), keep a look out for some folks needing an adventurer's help:
    • 1pm PDT - A beautiful lady has been captured! Seek out Mudeye in the Feerrott and help bring her home safely.
    • 3pm PDT - Wandering around Thundering Steppes is a confused-looking Halfling. She seems a bit skittish; I'm sure she could use a hand with something!
  16. Warriousalexis New Member

/pokes forum looking for a little guide lovin'.

[IMG]
  17. Lynarra New Member

"We're not able to advertise every quest for you guys - partly because we don't want to promise to be there if we get sidetracked in Real Life and disappoint everyone. We do try to give advance notice when we can, though!"

I am concerned this was posted back in December. I understand that guides are mystical and it seems MYTHICAL creatures on the Unrest server. Many of us check the forums regularly to find out when events may happen and undestand that guides are players just like ouselves and well Real life sometimes runs up and bites you on the bum and makes you late or not show for an event. Its just very disheartening to tell other players ohh I found out about x y or z event by looking at the Unrest forums and watching the chat channels. Some guide events are very vague in how they are announced in channels and many players think that it may be a noobie begging for help. For this server to not have any guide messages since mid May is frustrating seeing that many of the other severs seem to have plenty of postings and rough hints as to guide appearances. Please make your presence known and people may start appearing at your quest/roleplay events more frequently. Many of us look forward to the visits and will interrupt our hunts/crafting/decorating/adventuring to attend. You have the power to make your presence known and many do not frequent the channels thus missing your calls for assistance.
    Thank you
    Lynarra
  18. Gediva Senior Guide

While unpacking my bags and getting settled in, I found this note laying about and thought I would share! Seems to be a list of some goings on the next few days!

Today, Thursday, June 20th, around noon, head to the Village of Shin on the island of Mara and see if you can help a clever fungoid stay out of the stewpot!

Today, Thursday, June 20th around 1pm, head to the gates of Kael Drakkel in Eastern Wastes in search of Coldain adventure! Do you have what it takes to brave its depths and return alive?

Friday, June 21st, around high noon, head to the shores of the Frostfang Sea and seek out an odd coldain with a strange fascination with mushrooms!

Saturday, June 22nd, around high noon, head to Butcherblock Mountains and seek out your favorite axe researching dwarf!

Sunday, June 23rd, around high noon, head to the Withered Lands and see if you can aid a gnome that seems to have scattered his schematics all about!
  19. Lynarra New Member

Thank you for the update Senior Guide Gediva !
  20. Aitsanna Senior Guide

*pokes her ash-covered head in*

Oh, visitors? I do love some visitors, let me just turn all this stuff off.... *Aitsanna disappears and you hear lots of loud clanging noises from the other room*

Yes, as you might have noticed it can sometimes be hard to get people to leave the comfort of the Hold of Prexus and ask for help from you adventuring-type folk. And I know personally I've just been so sidetracked with my tinkering experiments that I often don't have the time to plan very far in advance. And then a whole bunch of Guide have got all excited about this "summer" thing they keep talking about - something about the sun? who knows - and so a whole slew of them are on vacation now. So no, there's not a lot we have enough warning on to hear rumors about lately.

However, as you've no doubt noticed the Troll stench coming from the Hold over the last few days, Gediva has finally joined us! (Sorry, hun, just remember not to leave mold everywhere, ok? I just got the Halflings to clean up the spilled jumjum and we're going to keep this place clean enough to eat a Froglok off of! Um, I mean... spotless!) So hopefully that'll help ease the work load around here and we'll be able to bring you more rumors over the coming months!