Unrest Server Downtime: Weds, Feb 18 @ 4AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The Unrest server will be brought offline on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 4:00AM Pacific* for server maintenance. This server is estimated to be unavailable for approximately four hours.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. luminosa Active Member

*waves* Should we be concerned, dearest Roshen? *bites her nails*
    Tierisch and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

They're renaming it "Najena".
  4. luminosa Active Member

Nooo. Not for four hours.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Lizziebeth New Member

IF ONLY! LOL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Filly67 like this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

3/4 of an hour per letter. That's industry standard.

:cool:
  7. pzpz Active Member

8. Spock Active Member

If u notice in the last few weeks 1 server each week got a longest maintenance seems its unrest turn this week . It was my server Freeport last week everybody else got 1 hour maintenance but we got 4. I wouldnt worry seems to me that there was less lag after they did this. Probably gonna make the hamster exercize.
  9. Surepaw New Member

What is the reasoning for bringing only the Unrest server down, and why for 4 hours. Are we getting new hardware?
  10. pzpz Active Member

not worried, want to know why
  11. Detor Active Member

Somebody noticed they hadn't defragged the 300TB database file in a few years. ;)

Defragging, ok, maybe not, but there probably is some kind of maintenance they can do on the database to speed things up - maybe cleaning up left over data from things no longer in game like map fog?
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, it kind of looks like they are doing a long maintenance on one server each time.. spreading around the pain.

AB will take the 4 hour hit if it means less lag.
  13. bakataumana Member

ill keel you
    Kittybock and Feldon like this.
  14. bakataumana Member

after raiding last night i cant say it really freed up a whole hell of alot of lag.. we were all still having sporadic lag spikes and some still hitting packet-loss randomly... honestly freeport was business as usual... i raid on both unrest and freeport and unrest has been less laggy than freeport since the last maintenance (this one scares me)
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  16. Braine New Member

They're renaming it "Tholuxe Paells" after the legendary EQ1 server that is now extinct!
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol all this excitement for nothing it was not of anywere close to 4 hours
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if it means they can at least try to squash some bugs, more power to them. Spread out the pain, indeed; if they can do 1-2 servers per week, even per month if more than one, they can hopefully iron out everything in a year or less. ;->

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
  19. bakataumana Member

So this being a near a week after the "maintenance" i must say..... TAKE IT BACK.... the button lag and fps drop is so far worse than what it was prior to this... On both FP and unrest im having more issues in zones where i never had issues prior to this and its just blah
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From what I've been hearing since my last post here, I'm disappointed: had nothing to do with bug squashes (obviously) but just dungeon cross-server stuff, which seems to have caused more bugs to rear their ugly heads. :(

Uwk