Unrecoverable error starting game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lopsidoo, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Lopsidoo New Member

Starting today, I am receiving an unrecoverable error when starting the game.

G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2018):
    Failed to create D3D device for NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Try:
    Rebooting your PC
    Run Launchpad and do a full file validation.
    Download the latest nVidia driver and install.

If you still have a problem, download last DX9 full install from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109 then unpack to a temporary folder and run the setup file DX9SETUP.EXE.
  3. Lopsidoo New Member

Done, done, done, and done.... I've tried all 4 and still getting the same error.. I've also cleared the 3 cache folders and tried again.. still getting same error.
  4. Lopsidoo New Member

Done, done, done, and done.... I've tried all 4 and still getting the same error.. I've also cleared the 3 cache folders and tried again.. still getting same error. And still happening today.
  5. Diminator New Member

I had the same errors when I first down loaded EQ2 and was given all the same advice and more by customer support (who were great and very fast to respond like within 2 hours). I followed all they asked and nothing seemed to work and after 3 days of trying I found multiple copy's of the microsoft C+++ programme in my apps folder so I uninstalled them all uninstalled EQ2 then re downloaded game fresh and haven't had any problems since.

Hope this works for you :)
    flameweaver likes this.