Unplayable Duplicated Characters?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Cinnamon, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Cinnamon Active Member

I just noticed today that, I have a lot of my characters duplicated and not able to play them...in which really isn't the big problem here but because of this it has made many of my characters locked for not enough character slots to cover this duplicated problem!!!

Please someone look into this
  2. TeamB Member

My wife and i have the same problem with both our accounts, many characters are listed twice and so are others locked out because of lacking the slots, please look into this asap as some of the mains are unplayable atm
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Me too and several in the test channel are reporting the same thing!
  4. TeamB Member

I just took a closer look and noticed that the copies are older versions of the real characters from about a week ago judging by the lvl and appearance differences. Would be better to be able to enjoy doubel ferrin instead of double characters!
    Cloudrat likes this.
  5. s0rCieR New Member

maybe a precursor to merge ... all my duplicate characters are locked ... and some of my regular one get locked too ... they really need to fix that ... can't play my main
  6. s0rCieR New Member

i have 8 chacters on my account with a limit of 8
    when i log on now i got 16 ... 8 of them on my regular serve and 8 being on an offline server

i am now exciding my maximum by 8 ... so your locking mechanish lock 8 of my characters
    but it didnt lock the one on that offline server, but pick 8 randomly locking some of my playable
    character and asking me to purchase addidional slots

i am raiding tonight on one of my locked characters...
    please fix that crap
    thanks
  7. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Same here.
  8. TeamB Member

We arnt raiding but would love to be able to get some of the double ferrin started but both our mains are locked so thats not possible ... great to be paying customers :(
    Fix asap please
  9. suka Well-Known Member

yeah i have 3. they are all low level and not locked. one supposedly is logging in right now. strange because i don't or shouldn't have a level one beastlord by the same exact name as my coercer

however, clicking on the level 1 duplicate name with the wrong class logged in my level 56 coercer.
  10. JChan Developer

Can any of you confirm that this is still occurring for you right now?
  11. suka Well-Known Member

i can confirm that i have 3 that show up when i am logging in from the launch pad that are duplicates. but when i camp to character select, they don't show up. so i am thinking maybe the launch pad is showing three either deleted toons or some strange duplication of my existing toons.
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

From the launchpad I have one duplicate, which is my heroic toon at level 86 and has been there ever since they did the upgrade to level 90. She's not in the list if I log to character select, only on the drop-down menu in the launchpad, so I think that is part of a different issue.

I haven't noticed it cause me any problems, though I haven't tried to log into the level 86 toon, but it makes my OCD (CDO) twitch! :)
  13. Lamatu Active Member

For anyone with these dupes in the launcher pull down list you can delete the file username_characters.ini to force a new list from the server.
    Levatino and Enoibia like this.
  14. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info, Lamatu.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

nope- did that. duplicates still there. and they were there before when i had to redownload the game. however i think this is a different issue than the one where there are locked duplicate characters that prevent you from playing them. these are duplicate characters that seem to exist - not on my computer - but on the file that is on the server's computer that my computer downloads from. so deleting the ini file did nothing.
    Enoibia likes this.
  16. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I just came back to say the same thing, Suka. I tried it and it didn't work. I know other players who have the same issue. It happened when they "upgraded" the heroics to lvl 90. I wish it would go away!
  17. suka Well-Known Member

mine are not duplicates of the heroics. they are simply duplicates from when i first made my toons and changed my mind about what that toon would be. another one is a duplicate from when a dev tested a toon. the name is now shatarax on my account. the others are the exact name of the other toons. so when i try to enter the game,. i have to make sure i am hitting the right toon. one one toon which is a duplicate but at level 1, i hit her yesterday and my level 56 came in.
  18. Lamatu Active Member

If you deleted the account name ini file and the problem still exists, it means there isn't anything on your end you can do to fix the drop down list.

I do wonder if these copy's were ever on the beta server or another server which is now offline? I myself have two ghost toons that show in the launchpad but not character select.

This is not a new problem but one that is year or more old for me. One is a toon that was deleted by a GM from back in the day when character restores were free. Lookup Zidu on EQ2wire if you wanna see true ghost toon with same name/server.

I provide this detail more for Bunji as it may help him track this bug down.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

mine was never on any beta server or any other server. it was always on butcherblock. as i mentioned before, one was created by a dev when testing my account i think - the name is shatarax who is a high elf level 7 warlock . the real shatara is level 80 arasai warlord. . the other is sheri - who is level 1human and a beastlord. the real sheri is a 56 freeblood coercer. then there is another shatara who is a level 3 arasai warlock
  20. JChan Developer

Correct the LaunchPad duplicate character is a separate issue. I'll put in a ticket for that issue. It all stems back to your character being listed in our Census multiple times.

Feel free to PM me with your server and character name of the duplicate characters and when we fix the issue we'll make sure that your characters don't appear twice (if you've already tried the INI deletion fix and they're still showing up as duplicate).